View Full Version : Hobbyshops in Tokyo

04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
A friend of mine is going to Japan (mainly for Tokyo) for 3 weeks in June/July.

He'd like to know, where he might find some interesting Hobbyshops ...

He's mostly into Panzer .. not a GK guy ... but he might end up searching for some GK and Ma.K. stuff for me ..

So ... where should I send him too?? :D

04-15-2009, 06:13 PM
My favorite spots in Tokyo are in Akiba. Aso Bit City is my personal hobby store favorite. In the link below, the yellow balloon in the 6 o'clock position is the store, no GKs though. Also in Akiba is Yodabashi Camera's HUGE store. The 5th or 6th floor has a large modeling department with lots of tanks, cars, trains, tools, etc., but I didn't see any GK. Yellow Submararine has two stores, one in the Radio Kaikan directly out the Akihabara Electric City exit from the station, and another up Chuo-dori kind of across from Animate and Toranoana. Some GK. Mandarake's top floor in the new store in Akiba (well at a year old, it was new to me since I try to go at least once a year :lol: ) and some of the various figure stores in that area have GK and I did see some Ma.K. You just have to explore, which is the most fun anyway. Mandarake in Shibuya and Nakano will have GKs also. Larger selection in their Nakano Broadway store. Tam Tam Hobbies at the north edge of Akihabara on Chuo-dori has mostly die-cast cars and train but also has an OK selection of hobby tools. I always get some Airtex a/b stuff from that store.

04-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Would this help?
AFV Modelers guide to Tokyo Hobby Shops:

05-01-2009, 05:16 AM

Truly appreciated ... I know my friend will be thrilled.

Thanks again