View Full Version : World is mine Miku - going out on a limb here

04-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I don't suppose Iwanaga Sakurako made a few resin kits available before handing it over to GSC?

04-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Wow! That is one gorgeous figure! I might even consider ordering this pvc figure:wub:
I seriously doubt it but maybe some someone will make something similar and have it availible as a kit.

04-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I broke down and ordered the PVC for this one. I bet someone else will attempt it as a kit, but I don't think they'll capture her character as well as this does.

04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I dunno, this one doesn't do anything for me despite its sweet girly nature.

I might even consider ordering this pvc figure
tell me about it. :-P Alter's upcoming Sonic Fate (58cm Zanbar!!) is tempting. but ~$130 is a bit much

Don't get me wrong I don't hate on the PVC's, artists are gainfully employed and licensing activity is alive and well. However, after getting a couple, their mass-produced feeling comes across very soulless, and once the package is open, it's just "meh, now what?" Yet, premade resin kits like ones from Volks and the Tomomi I purchased 2 years ago still have a physical quality I can appreciate. I dunno.

04-29-2009, 11:26 AM
It's amazing how PVC went from being reasonably price to cost more than resin kits in just a few years. I love Alter's Fate but thats just way too much especially because all pvc's have many flaws. I'm still pissed about buying Max factory Ryuna and finding out her legs and upper body are two different skintones:dry:

04-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Loving the Mugi avatar Nightengale. ^_^

Yeah, PVC's really don't do much for me either... and they are riduculously expensive for a mass produced thing. but it keeps the hobby of figures going.. which means occassionally we get a resin kit out of the deal.

That particular Hatsune Miku.. doesn't do anything fo rme.. at all.. her face is.. too sexy. when some of the other stuff is really cute.

05-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I e-mailed the sculptor and she said that she looked into it, but "it cannot be done...because it is difficult for various reasons".

05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I would imagine trying to cast that hair would be a nightmare... I wouldn't want to try it anyway.

Bummer that it's definitely not available though.

05-02-2009, 05:26 PM
GSC probably owns the mold or the master, it's not uncommon especially if it's a commissioned work

07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry to bump an older thread but I was browsing FG site and I found this:inlove::

If indeed she was released as a WSC kit the hunt is on!

07-27-2009, 12:19 PM
I totally saw that too. Is the garage kit thing for real?

07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
It looks like it was part of Wonder Showcase... oooh. Maybe it will have been made in large enough quantities to get one at a decent price! :D Now I have hope!