PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

hirumono
10-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi, I just registered to this forum and I thought two words of introduction from me would be nice.
My name is Alessandro, I am an amateur GK builder from Italy, I have done some kits already (sadly they're all recasts as it's everything I can find here) but I hope to learn enough in the next future to start modeling my own figures - both because many existing kits often leave me unsatisfied with details or subject, and because I read that some resins may contain toxic chemicals and I just don't feel comfortable about this.
I am not new to modeling but I never used professional clays, just natural clay and kids products (Pongo and DAS) in my youth. However, I just made a trip to Japan and found a clay named "New Fando" in a shop. The seller told me that it doesn't require baking and it's not toxic (yes, I'm fairly sensitive about health issues), I hope this material will give me much fun!
So I am looking forward to learning a lot in this forum and I wish to thank everyone in advance for their contributions!!

Masa
10-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Finding a material that works well for your sculpting style is always a challenge. A lot of professional sculptors seem to like New Fando and I hope it works out for you.

Good luck with the sculpting and keep us posted on your progress.

Tsunamidelta
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Welcome.. Hope you enjoy yourself! Look forward to seeing your sculpting progress..

And Enjoy the Sheep!

Shintocowboy
10-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Welcome, everyone here is very helpful. And Garage kits are fun, but let me tell you about these things called Dollfies...

hirumono
10-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks to everyone!!

Welcome, everyone here is very helpful. And Garage kits are fun, but let me tell you about these things called Dollfies...

Thank you very much! I didn't know about the term "dollflies", but after a quick jump on Wikipedia I recognized them... yes, in Akihabara I went to many model shops and one of them had a whole floor devoted to these dolls! (though every shop had a more or less big area) They're not my thing though, so I immediately rushed to the gashapon/PVC floor where I bought my Queen's Blade Collection Figure Set 2 :smile: (I'm not really into PVC either, but these figures have a really terrific detail!!)

@Tsunamidelta: err... the sheep?? :puzzled:

secretasianman
10-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks to everyone!! Thank you very much! I didn't know about the term "dollflies", but after a quick jump on Wikipedia I recognized them... yes, in Akihabara I went to many model shops and one of them had a whole floor devoted to these dolls! (though every shop had a more or less big area) They're not my thing though,
The force is strong with this one :)

so I immediately rushed to the gashapon/PVC floor where I bought my Queen's Blade Collection Figure Set 2 :smile: (I'm not really into PVC either, but these figures have a really terrific detail!!)
... almost :evillaugh:

@Tsunamidelta: err... the sheep?? :puzzled:
let it go :dunno:he says that to everyone to disorient their arrival.:notagain:

regardless... Welcome to the forums!

Dirkvanderkraan
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I like the toxic stuff

also welcome!

hirumono
10-07-2009, 03:16 PM
I like the toxic stuff

also welcome!

Thanks ;)

Well, I think it's a matter of personal preference. ;) If I have an hobby, I like to have fun without worrying about my health. Point is, my recasts (or should I say, those I am going to give away) all came from e2046, and I had always been more than happy with their quality - that is pretty high for mere copies, and MUCH higher than anything I found at local conventions. But just leave a kit into a closed box for one day, and when you open the container it looks like you're smelling enamel. A while ago there was a rumor about very toxic compounds (like MEK) being used by recast makers to dilute their resins; when I asked e2046 about the matter, none of my messages ever received an answer. So I preferred to give the kits (almost all of them) away.

Tsunamidelta
10-07-2009, 07:53 PM
The force is strong with this one :)

... almost :evillaugh:

let it go :dunno:he says that to everyone to disorient their arrival.:notagain:

regardless... Welcome to the forums!

Damn, my secret plot has been revealed..

secretasianman
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Damn, my secret plot has been revealed..

:evillaugh:

Deikin
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Hi there! ^>^

hirumono
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Hi, and compliments for your signature :D

Deikin
10-10-2009, 03:06 PM
;>