PDA

View Full Version : Gantz - New Live Action Movie

Masa
11-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Starring Kazunari Ninomiya (Arashi) and Kenichi Matsuyama (Deathnote).

Brought to you by the team that created Deathnote and 20th Century Boy.

Is it gonna suck? Probably.

Won't be as good as the manga.

At least there's no Keanu.

http://www.gkjapan.com/picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=718

telemarq
11-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Is it gonna suck? Probably.

Won't be as good as the manga.

At least there's no Keanu.

Hopefully it will be better than the anime. No Keanu is a good thing. :evillaugh:

Tsunamidelta
11-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Whoa.. No Keanu. Man.. Thats Bogus!! Don't they know that Wyld Stylyons ROCK!!

Seriously, Yeah.. No Keanu.. prolly a good thing., a very good thing.

Masa
11-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Hopefully it will be better than the anime.

That shouldn't be too difficult :rolleyes:

I wish they had enough backing to get a good cast and top notch fx and make it a tv series. One that followed the manga closely, with all the characters from the original story, script approved by Hiroya Oku, and... and...

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

telemarq
11-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Noooooooooooooooooo! :dizzy:

Click this link only if on anti-depressants.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43116

:omg:

Tsunamidelta
11-20-2009, 07:34 PM
BOoooh-gus....

telemarq
04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
I always chuckle when a thread comes back from the dead, and here I am resurrecting one. The thread died after the anouncement so I don't feel so bad.

There was a Gantz topic on another board where I said the anime was crappy. Not crappy so much as borrrrring with a story that was stretched to 26 eps that easily could have got it done in 13. Way too much preaching and philosophizing in between some OK action. Somebody pointed out the live action movies which I hadn't seen or known were released on disk, Blu-Ray even.

Well I have to say, I enjoyed this a lot. They shot two movies at once (ala Kill Bill) and both are pretty decent. The first gets a little slow at times but is still good, better than the anime. The second starts out with a quick re-cap and dives right in. Some really good action fight scenes, good story, very little preaching and the CG doesn't overpower the films. Worth a watching or buying for fans (BD a +), and I don't think you'll be disappointed if even you don't know anything about Gantz. Definitely does not suck.

And no Keanu. :D

Masa
04-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I wasn't expecting much, but yes, it was better than the anime for the most part. I'm not going to give out any spoilers, but I wasn't totally thrilled with the ending. I understand the limitations of trying to wrap up a long series in such a short time frame, but this kind of treatment is being way overdone lately in Japan and it really needs to stop.

No Keanu... but Matsuyama is pretty close. He was great as L in Deathnote... but he deadpans lines almost as well as Kevin Costner :warn: