PDA

View Full Version : Is Hobby Complex finished?

telemarq
12-25-2009, 05:39 AM
I'm planning my yearly trip to Japan and was looking for hobby shows from mid March to mid April and came across this.

http://hobbycomplex.com/

Using a translator, it appears that HC is ka-put. Is this correct? I never read or heard anything. With WHF already gone, I hope Treasure Festa isn't going on the endangered species list.

I hope I'm wrong.

:puzzled:

Masa
12-25-2009, 11:46 PM
It's finished. The company that hosts the event (Artstorm) is in the red. Company financial issues and the overall state of the economy, not to mention the hobby industry are cited as reasons for the closure.

Just a matter of time... :dotdotdot:

Zakenna
12-26-2009, 07:56 AM
o wow that's news to me too. So what do we have left now? Wonder Fes, Treasure Fes, and Chara-hobby? anything else?

Dr.H
12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Looks like the big shows are starting to disappear, I guess it's going to be back to the small shows where things started some day soon?

Tsunamidelta
12-26-2009, 09:01 PM
From the sound of things Doc.. Prolly.. But really is that such a bad thing. Like most things, this will sit in obscruity for a while.. again .. then rise like a pheonix once more. Or so we hope ^_^

As long as we see some really sharp kits out of those years, thats great. and hopefully with the obscurity will come cheaper prices.

Zakenna
12-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Not sure if we'll go back to the "old days" with pre-paints being prevailent as they are but I think if here are lots of smaller events compared to big ones will be good for the go community

telemarq
12-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Looks like the big shows are starting to disappear, I guess it's going to be back to the small shows where things started some day soon?

Not sure if we'll go back to the "old days" with pre-paints being prevailent as they are but I think if here are lots of smaller events compared to big ones will be good for the go community

Yeah, but those shows at the Big Sight were a lot of fun. I found a couple grails at different shows (T-F and H-C) over the last two years for about 1/3 less than market price on Y!J. I just had to dig through the boxes.

:cry:

serogane
12-29-2009, 02:36 AM
Can't speak for the old timers, but personally I really enjoyed the kits of 2007. It hasn't been quite the same since.