PDA

View Full Version : painting @#$% blonde hair

Chev
02-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Hello everyone, it has been awhile :smile: I have been having kinda of a painter's block for the past couple months. Anyways I picked up a old uncompleted kit that I had started back in 07. This kit is Misuzu Kamio from Air. I am almost at the painting stage...but one problem plagues me. Blond hair. What colors besides yellows and browns? I am useing a mix of Mr.Color and Gaianotes paints.

nightengale5385
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Can you post a pic of the character ? I can get an better idea of the blonde color you want :)

Chev
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
haha, I thought I forgot something. :smile:

Zakenna
02-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I'd use yellow mixed with a little orange for a basecoat. IMO if you use brown to shade to make that blond it'd stand out to much. Just add a half a drop of purple to your mix if you want to darken it for shading.

Zen-Builder
02-06-2010, 10:34 PM
David Fisher recommends green as the base colour for blond hair.

HTH.

nightengale5385
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
This is what I would do:

-have a good white base coat.
-lightly shade with mr. color wood brown(or gaia clear brown)
-use mr. color tan as the base coat
- lightly mist gaia clear yellow with very little gaia clear orange over the colors

Chev
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
thank you for the reply everyone :) I was going to buy the blonde set from gaianotes, but they are sold out at HLJ and rainbow 10 will not send gaia or mr.color over seas. since i do have gaia clear brown i'll give it a shot. thank you very much.

telemarq
02-07-2010, 06:15 AM
I was surprised I still had this link. Even more surprised it was still up!

http://www.antsnest.net/Garage/Hair.php

Joa
02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Like Zen said: green is the way to go
Tele's link pretty much wraps it up from there.

my 2 added to the pile

secretasianman
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
A very, very wise man possessing a "rage of the crimson variety" once told me to use sand or brown as a base coat. And while my implementation was a messy, sticky job (the model, not the technique,) it made for a very surprising project that was a welcome valentine surprise.

Those who suggested base colors in the earth tone variety weren't too far off.