PDA

View Full Version : Current game you are playing

Shintocowboy
05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
I just relaized we don't have one of these threads.

I'm currently playing Project Touhou's "Shoot the Bullet". and not enjoying it one bit.

Think of it as a game where 95% of the screen is filled with fast moving bullets and you have to take pictures.
The problem I have with this one is, unlike the other Touhou games, there is no difficulty setting so its pretty much impossible to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOPu53Gbb-I
And this is just the first level. I enjoyed Perfect Cherry Blossom since I could set it to easy and get a few levels into it without dieing.

Dr.H
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Ive never seen that game before lol.

I'm currently playing Battlefield Bad Company 2(PC) and WoW. I'm always going back to Valve games though like Half Life 2
They just released it for Macs and did a slight graphic upgrade for PC too.

Deikin
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Just finished Portal after the free release. Slowly playing through Final Fantasy 13 and still hitting up Modern Warfare 2 for multiplayer action.

Chev
05-27-2010, 07:37 PM
For the past couple of months i have been playing Aion

Shintocowboy
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
How is Aion? I've heard it's beautiful. I know my system couldn't handle it.

Masa
05-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Don't have a whole lot of free time these days (who does, really...) but when I need to unwind I usually hop on to WoW on my gaming pc.

On the console front, I just got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii yesterday and played through a couple of levels of that while my kids cheered me on.

My PSP has Monster Hunter 3 loaded, but I haven't recharged the battery on that thing for months.

My Nintendo DS has Professor Layton's newest game and I'm about half way through that.

Tsunamidelta
05-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Finally coming clean about your Wow addiction huh Masa. I'm glad to see your realizing that its an addiction.. I do hope you'll seek counseling.. We've already lost too many brave souls to the WOW Plague.

As for me, Only game I've been playing and not at all recently has been Left for Dead 2

Chev
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
How is Aion? I've heard it's beautiful. I know my system couldn't handle it.

It is very beautiful. lots of eye candy. i'll post some screen shots in this post soon

Dr.H
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Finally coming clean about your Wow addiction huh Masa. I'm glad to see your realizing that its an addiction.. I do hope you'll seek counseling.. We've already lost too many brave souls to the WOW Plague.

As for me, Only game I've been playing and not at all recently has been Left for Dead 2

HAH if you saw our Gear Scores and Achievement list you wouldn't think we are addicted. GKJ actually has a pretty good history of playing RPG games together. Back in the day we started by having a full GKJ team together to play Neverwinter Nights followed by some NWN2 but not everyone had systems strong enough to play it. While great games NWN was lacking in the multiplayer department, you basically did the story line together whenever it didn't glitch on us lol.

It wasn't until this past year that we started playing WoW together, and while it is called World of Warcrack for good reason, the plot line, achievements and gameplay make it the most popular MMO and it's fun to be able to RPG with your friends.

I still haven't gotten L4D2 myself yet. I enjoyed L4D for a while but it got kinda boring after a time so I think I'll grab L4D2 some day if it's on sale at Steam. I think shooters still make Masa sick though lol.

telemarq
05-28-2010, 05:24 PM
My PC died about three months ago and I still haven't replaced it. :crys: The plan is to build instead of buy the next one, I hope in the next month or so. Just have to decide what I want in it.

When it was working, I loved Doom3 which my laptop can play but its choppy. I'm stuck with a DS Lite for now. I just started The World Ends With You but haven't gone far enough to say if I like it or not.

Shintocowboy
05-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Ah, I rather enjoyed TWEWY. One of the few games I saw through to 100% completion.

Masa
05-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I still haven't gotten L4D2 myself yet. I enjoyed L4D for a while but it got kinda boring after a time so I think I'll grab L4D2 some day if it's on sale at Steam. I think shooters still make Masa sick though lol.

Yeah, $29 for L4D2... and $69 for the case of Dramamine :giveup:

It was a blast playing online rpg's with all the GKJ members back then. Too bad everyone's systems didn't have enough juice to play the newer games.

I wish I had the time and dedication to play enough to be called "addicted". I'd have enough gear to not die in 2 seconds on the battlegrounds :dotdotdot:

Tsunamidelta
05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, $29 for L4D2... and $69 for the case of Dramamine :giveup:

It was a blast playing online rpg's with all the GKJ members back then. Too bad everyone's systems didn't have enough juice to play the newer games.

I wish I had the time and dedication to play enough to be called "addicted". I'd have enough gear to not die in 2 seconds on the battlegrounds :dotdotdot:

That last sentence is a sure sign of addiction.. Denial!!:surprised: Especially the part about Needing more gear! Addiction at its highest.. next thing we know you'll be playing a Minotaur!:notagain:

On the FPS note.. yeah, if you motion sickness occurs.. thats not a good thing.

Dr.H
05-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Lol everything in moderation. In the case of WoW it's a broad spectrum. I do probably play more than needed but then I look at people with like 8 level 80's all above 6K on their Gear Scores and I feel a lot better about how little I actually do play.

I tend to go in bursts with my gaming. I play one for a while then get burnt out a bit and play something else.

Tsunamidelta
05-29-2010, 05:03 PM
I would like to point out ya'll addiction is a mild addiction! Your definately not Lumraptor yet!

mihochan
05-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Well I do play too much WOW. I still only have one level 80 and a bunch of alts in there 50s and 60s. I also mess with Perfect World International when I don't feel like playing WOW.
Console wise I have been working on Onechanbara Vortex, AKA Onechanbara Samurai Bikini Squad. Still can not get a cool combos off to save my life and the Hit & Run quest I'm unable to hit enough zombies to complete it.

Dr.H
06-01-2010, 07:01 AM
What's your 80 Miho?

Tsunamidelta
06-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I have officially been playing a game this weekend.. Sakura Taisen ~So long My Love~ Had to grab it since its available here in the states now.. I wanna make sure they brng the rest of that great game over.

Deikin
06-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Still painstakingly working through Final Fantasy 13.

God what a shit game. Visually fantastic, but the battle system, mainly, is absolutely awful in almost every way.

Joa
06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Far Cry 2.
Very beautiful game .. a bit repetitive so far but I haven't gotten too far into it.

Love the settings!

Dr.H
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Syberia 3 is suppose to come out this month so I'm all over that!
I can't wait for The Longest Journey 3 to come out whenever Ragnar Tørnquist can get his Norwegian but in gear lol.

mihochan
06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
What's your 80 Miho?

I have a Holy/Shadow spec Priest on Malygos. I generally get stuck with healing duty in instances. I haven't done very much raiding. Tried Onyxia but keep getting booted when the drakes came in during the battle. That was my last raid tempt.

Dr.H
06-01-2010, 10:37 PM
I have an 80 Troll Hunter who is mainly PVP geared Beast- Master/Marksman spec and an 80 Blood Elf Priest I made this year who is Shadow/Holy but I've geared him toward PVE Healing. I just hit 80 on him last month and broke 5k Gearscore last week so I hope to get into some Raids this summer.

We're on Garona which is heavily Alliance sided so PVP can be very difficult.

devone23
06-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Any RTS fans here? I'm pretty excited to play Starcraft 2, once that comes out. The beta is SEXellent so far.

Kumama
06-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm playing two games at once: Monster Hunter Tri and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Though I wonder why I try so hard at Monster Hunter... I'm not very good at it :abandoned:

secretasianman
06-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Been playing a lot of golf lately, so when I'm not at the course Ive been playing Super Swing Golf, known elsewhere in the world as a Pangya!

(admit it, you'd love the characters ADMIT IT)

Shintocowboy
06-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Been playing a lot of golf lately, so when I'm not at the course Ive been playing Super Swing Golf, known elsewhere in the world as a Pangya!

(admit it, you'd love the characters ADMIT IT)

I saw your Avi in a different thread and knew you'd say Pangya here :blush:

devone23
06-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Far Cry 2.
Very beautiful game .. a bit repetitive so far but I haven't gotten too far into it.

Love the settings!

Ahh I really wanted to play FarCry 2 through. I get a headache after about 30 mins in that game...I think because the entering and exiting vehicles animations shake the camera too much. Beautiful game, even though my computer couldn't really handle it.

WarpCore
06-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Do most of my gaming on Xbox360 anymore, Been playing FF13 when I can, I also throw some Gears of War 2 in every now and then since its my favorite, Glady awaiting Gears 3 next April, though I am also awaiting the Warhammer 40K online to come out. I played Wow for a good while, then Played Champions online for a bit. I burnt myself out so bad playing EQ when it came out I seem to have a hard time finding a game I like.

Just remember, always have fun

Warp

Shintocowboy
09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Finished Fatal Frame 1 and 2. Working on Crisis Core now.

Dr.H
09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Minecraft is HIGHLY addictive!

Shintocowboy
10-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Oh very much so. I picked it up a few days ago while its still at the ~$13 price. I played for a few hours then stopped playing. I need to find a huge chunk of time to start a new world. I started building a spiral tower of Babylon out of glass and would like to build something less haphazard.

Shintocowboy
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Stepmania, downloaded about 800+ songs
Super Scribblenauts

mihochan
10-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Been sinking too much time in to Kingdom under Fire: Circle of Doom on Xbox 360. It's a hack and slash, gear grabbing, dungeon crawl. It's like playing Phantasy Star Online with out the lame drop rate and no "missions".:smile:

Dr.H
10-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Cataclysm is coming out on Dec7th and well that is going to be a huge soul drainer for millions of people.. cry/happy.

Dr.H
03-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Tecmo is actually releasing Dead Or Alive 5 on PC via Steam! That means I don't need to take my PS3 out of the basement or buy a PS4 to play it lol.

This is the first full PC release I think they've done for a DOA game.
It's pushed back to March 30th but in exchange the pre-order PC version gets 10% off and lots of bonus stuff for free on release.

I have it waiting in my game library now and look forward to see if it's as fun as some of the other DOA games.

Shintocowboy
03-17-2015, 10:04 PM
DOA5 Last Round and Skyrim. Haven't played a DOA since 2 and unsure why I stopped.

>Dr. H - I heard that the PC version won't start with On-Line play but is supposed to get an early patch to fix that.

Dr.H
03-19-2015, 08:22 PM
DOA5 Last Round and Skyrim. Haven't played a DOA since 2 and unsure why I stopped.

>Dr. H - I heard that the PC version won't start with On-Line play but is supposed to get an early patch to fix that.

You're correct the PC version is suppose to get a patch for on-line play within 3 months of release. I'm ok with that since I prefer single player anyway. I'm waiting for a 40' HDMI Redmere cable to show up this weekend so I can hook my PC up to my tv and use the Steam Big Picture Mode.

secretasianman
03-23-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm playing Love Live: School idol festival. It's free to play which means the only skill you need to succeed: MONEY!

telemarq
03-24-2015, 06:50 AM
Not playing, but waiting for Project Cars PC to be released. Its scheduled for May 15, but its been pushed back several times already.

Waiting, waiting, waiting............

:notagain:

secretasianman
03-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Playing Shinjuku Dungeon (Android) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ueharalabo.ShinjukuDungeon&hl=en) (IOS) (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shinjukudungeon/id650438517?mt=8) at the moment. got lost immediately :lol::lol::lol:

Game description:

The game is set in Shinjuku station in Tokyo
which is called a Dungeon of Japan,
It is action RPG of the retro style.
Shinjuku station is said that most labyrinthine station in the world,
its complicated structure is reproduced faithfully in the game,