View Full Version : Where did Mori Mori putty go?

07-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all, I've been trying to find some more Mori Mori putty, but everywhere I look it is "discontinued" or "out of stock". Anybody know what happened and where to get some? Thanks.

07-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I use to get most of my painting supplies from Rainbow Ten but since last years crack down on shipping of paints and any items that contain chemicals.. the list of supplies I can order from Japan is pretty much dead and I'm a GSI fan over Tamiya so...

I'm not sure where you can still get the larger cans of MoriMori but 1999 looks to still sell the smaller tubes http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10006342
You'll want to find the cans if you plan to sculpt with it.

07-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Tamiya makes small tubes of putty similar to Mori mori:

Finisher's also makes poly putty. It's greenish color but works very well:

There are some online shops in japan that ship lacquer paints and thinners,but you can't make a really huge order at one time. I really sucks because it make it more expensive that way and the weak dollar makes it even worse:omg:

07-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Mori Mori goes out of stock all the time. The shop that makes the stuff is a small operation, and they can only produce so much material per run. Just be patient and it will eventually come back in stock :)

If you are in a rush, the Tamiya version Night linked is not too far off - sets up a bit quicker and stinks a bit more.

Other than that, try some epoxy putties maybe :dunno:

07-04-2010, 11:12 AM
A light weight auto body filler like one made by the Bondo brand will also work. They are also poly resins.

07-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks all. When I saw "discontinued" I thought the company might have gone out of business or something, haha. Good to know, I think I will try some stuff from Bondo.