PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Im new here. I need a little help

jbdxiii
12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Hello, and happy holidays everyone. Pleased to meet you.

I'm new to this forum and to the whole GK thing. I also need advice on something, and I figured someone here might be able to help me.

I bought the Popcultureshock Cammy statue and I love it. This one:

http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/gallery/popculture/streetFighter/cammy.asp

I'm a huge Cammy fan. The thing is, since Im also an idiot, I accidentally got it too close to the wall and made a small scratch, about 2mm in length, on the corner of one of her gauntlets. I have since had a display case made for it, but although the scratch is very small, it really bothers me. I covered it up with a little Tamiya Red X-7 paint using a very fine brush, but the area lost its metallic shine. I think the gauntlets were painted with Tamiya Metallic Red spray, and I can't very well spray the area again. I was thinking perhaps adding a coat of Tamiya Clear Red could help me get the shine back, but I thought I'd ask for advice first. I really don't want to damage it any further, since I love this statue and it also cost me a lot of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jbdxiii
12-27-2010, 03:48 AM
Not many people reply to these threads, do they?

Ah, never mind. I'll figure it out myself...

Masa
12-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the delay. Been away for the holidays and haven't had access to a computer to approve new member posts.

It's really hard to offer advice without seeing the area firsthand. If you could post a photo to show us the damaged part that you repaired and maybe the shiny gauntlet on the opposite hand?

As you have already discovered, trying to match the sheen is a fairly difficult task. If the red color you painted matches well - you might just need a coat of clear (not clear red).

It might actually be easier to just repaint both gauntlets so they match.

jbdxiii
12-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry for the delay. Been away for the holidays and haven't had access to a computer to approve new member posts.

It's really hard to offer advice without seeing the area firsthand. If you could post a photo to show us the damaged part that you repaired and maybe the shiny gauntlet on the opposite hand?

As you have already discovered, trying to match the sheen is a fairly difficult task. If the red color you painted matches well - you might just need a coat of clear (not clear red).

It might actually be easier to just repaint both gauntlets so they match.

Oh, thank you. I just saw that my question had 13 views and no answers yesterday and I figured maybe I wouldn't get any. I appreciate your advice.

It might be a little difficult for me to post a picture since I don't currently own a camera. Anyway, the area is very small, just a scratch, really. And since I'm very new at this I'd be terrified of painting the gauntlets all over again, especially on such an expensive statue. The LAST thing I want to do is ruin it. I have been told that I can get a metallic sheen by first applying a coat of Chrome Silver and then a coat of Clear Red on top. I think I'll first experiment on another surface to see how it looks before trying it on the statue itself. Perhaps I'll also try Clear on top of Red and see which one looks better before applying to the gauntlet.

Well, thanks again. I suppose I should have been a little more patient before assuming I wouldn't get any replies. I hope you have a happy new year :)