PDA

View Full Version : quake & tsunami

David_Chiu
03-11-2011, 10:56 AM
let's hope our friends in affected area emerge unscathed.

devone23
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Indeed. Also best wishes to those on the west coast bracing for a possible tsunami.

secretasianman
03-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Condolences to all those who are affected

Masa
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM
We're ok over here. I've got friends on the east side and haven't been able to reach them. Gotta keep hoping though :(

David_Chiu
03-11-2011, 11:38 PM
glad to see you're alright. I assume your presence means basic services in your parts are unaffected?

Xelizarios-Prime
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I wish to extend my hope for the best under the circumstances. I will keep the affected people in my prayers.

Masa
03-12-2011, 03:44 AM
glad to see you're alright. I assume your presence means basic services in your parts are unaffected?

Thanks! Yeah, we're still fully functional here. I can't reach any of my friends on the east side though. No emails, cellphones, nothing. Probably won't hear anything until after the power comes back on.

mihochan
03-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks! Yeah, we're still fully functional here. I can't reach any of my friends on the east side though. No emails, cellphones, nothing. Probably won't hear anything until after the power comes back on.

Thank the heavens you are alright! I now hope your friends will be okay. My condolences.

Xelizarios-Prime
03-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I feel bad about the situation in Japan. I heard that nuke plant blew up, as if the quake and tsunami weren't bad enough. I hope they will be able to yet avert a meltdown -- I saw on the news it hasn't gone quite that far yet and hopefully it won't. I hope there will be minimal losses of life. You can replace property but lives cannot be replaced.

ryukumon
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Masa, I am so happy to hear you are ok. Have you heard from Jim? Do you still talk to Peter? I haven't been home or near my comp for a couple of days so I have no idea if Jim got back to me and I have no idea where Peter is anymore.

Again, I am so relieved you and your family are safe.

Masa
03-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks Ryu. I haven't heard anything from them but I'm guessing they are safe. Jim probably got shaken up a bit by the quake, but should be far enough inland to not get hit by the tsunami damage. If Peter is still where he used to live, he should be about the same. I have some friends that live right in one of the cities that got flooded that I haven't been able to get a hold of and am very worried about them. Hope to hear something from that side soon.

Xelizarios-Prime
03-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Thanks Ryu. I haven't heard anything from them but I'm guessing they are safe. Jim probably got shaken up a bit by the quake, but should be far enough inland to not get hit by the tsunami damage. If Peter is still where he used to live, he should be about the same. I have some friends that live right in one of the cities that got flooded that I haven't been able to get a hold of and am very worried about them. Hope to hear something from that side soon.

Glad to hear you are OK over there. I know I don't know you very well - having just joined recently but that quake was no joke from what I've seen on the news! (Well hell, what earthquake IS?) It has even literally "moved" Japan and altered the earth's axis a bit! I will keep you in my prayers. :-)

Shintocowboy
03-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Since I work with the airports over there I see more stuff. It seems like hell over there indeed. I believe Narita may be down still, which is a pain for getting medical supplies over there.

Tsunamidelta
03-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Glad to hear your safe Masa... and my prayers are with all of those affected by this disaster.

Masa
03-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Thanks again for all the concern everyone. We are still holding fine and just waiting to see what unfolds. If it ends in a 3 or 4 reactor meltdown I might have to rethink our situation. At the very least, maybe send my wife and kids on an extended vacation somewhere safe(r). If ISIS says "level 6", and Tokyo Electric says "level 4"... I'm going with ISIS.

On a side note - the postal service and pretty much everything else is slowed down to a crawl. For those of you who might be waiting on packages from me, please note that I'm not going to be mailing anything out until the smoke clears somewhat. I'm sorry for the delay :(

Tsunamidelta
03-16-2011, 04:12 PM
No worries, just do what you gotta do for you and yours. Thats more important then packages or small stuff like that.. On a side note, ya know.. Cleveland is lovely this time of year.. Hell all of America is lovely this time of year ^^;;

Lumraptor
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi. I am heartbroken to see what is taking place in Japan. It's hard to watch. I know many Japanese are muttering "shikata ga nai" but I was horrified to realize there were people in those houses we watched swept away by the tsunami. Oddly the most poignant moment to me was watching the sea flow over neat rows of farm fields waiting for the spring. Glad to hear you are okay Masa. I hope your friends on the east coast have pulled through.

-Kevin

Masa
03-18-2011, 01:43 AM
All friends alive and well!

I wish I could do more to help them but from here all I can do is donate goods and money.

Just hope they get the power plant situation under control soon.