View Full Version : Among the dead...

11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
It has been way too long since I have visited GKJ. Past member of COM, Clubhouse, and hobbyfanatics. This place is like a wave of memories and usernames slapping me in the face.

I came on to GKJ and find all these 'vintage' members who I used to talk to back in 2004 when I was just starting out still alive here, thoughts thought to be dead! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to dig through the forums to see if some of their builds that inspired me in the beginning ever were finished. lol

Resin Monkey, Telemarq, secretasianman, morpheus and even Joa (who's EVA01 and shiva are partially responsible for dragging me into the money pit... er I mean 'hobby.' I even revived my old user name in the spirit motion.

I used to build some figures, but quit the hobby and somehow wound right back in the downward spiral :donotwant: 4 years later. I primarly build mecha but after finding an old stash of figure kits, wound up back here and building them for the first time in almost 19 years!

My blog/Gallery of kits since I restarted the hobby 4 years ago: http://rokkustudio.wordpress.com/

-Kyle :bye:

11-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi and welcome, I think we prefer not to be considered "dead" but temporarily inactive LOL. even though some of us do find time in our present lives to accomplish something now and then.

I see this place more of as a hangout or club room, where we observe modeling activity when it occasionally happens, in the meantime hang back and relax, chat etc. :)

11-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Welcome back! :)

What secret said ... I have 2 ongoing projects + a recently finished one in my Sig.
When you get older, at least this is how it works for me, the hobby is a bit like therapy... ;)