View Full Version : Bongo Bongo Burgers ... a WIP thead from hell (or Sweden)

01-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, so we enjoy burgers. :cool:
We visit (or rather, used to visit) T.G.I ever so often as well as the neighbourhood steak house... till we realized burgers are best when made @ home with love and hunger. :wub:

For friday night, we were expecting a very good friend for dinner (ok, I'll try and not to sound like Mr. Lecter here)...
The deal was that we were to cook dinner and he'd bring the ale.

First I mixed 3 eggs with a few slices of bread and a bag of soup mix (tomato / basil).
Then I added 950g (just over 2lbs) of minced meat, hacked sun dried tomatoes, mashed garlic (like ... 4-5 wedges), black pepper and kneeded it thoroughly:

Ok, one hefty burger...

While the meat mix was curing, I prepared the extras; tomatoes, red onions, bacon, bread and so on...

Time to get busy...
Frying the meat in a frying pan making the surface extra crisp and the interior superiorly juicy... :drool:
And then of course some cheese on top .. cracking, eh Gromit?

Bread ... Chili sauce with Sweet Relish, the cheese covered burger on top, bacon and tomatoe slices / red onion ditto + a generous flood of Johnny's mustard and salad + the bread top

So, anyone hungry?
Give us a ring and we'll be happy to serve you upon arrival... :cool:

01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
those are some really insane burgers! enough there to feed me for a couple days! lol :blink:

01-21-2006, 11:47 PM
ZOMG!!11one one one...

I u53 73h sam3 bo77le op3n3r a5 J04!

Looks tasty by the way!

01-22-2006, 11:40 AM
I wish I was there for the live viewing!!!!

01-22-2006, 11:44 AM

05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Ouch, my cholestorol took another spike looking at these photos .... as a member of the 3000 calorie meal club, a master of the double-dagwood* and (possibly) the only person to earn the name "cinco"** directly from McDonalds employees . those burgers certainly got my attention.

... cheers Joa, you guys have always been top class :)

* A term that originated in the comic strips in the 1930s after a comic strip character named Dagwood Bumstead. According to the creator of the comic, Murat Bernard “Chic” Young (1901-1973), the only thing that Dagwood could prepare in the kitchen was a mountainous pile of dissimilar leftovers precariously arranged between two slices of bread. Dagwood became know for his huge sandwiches he created on evening forays to the refrigerator. more info here: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/HoagieSubmarinePoBoy.htm

** 5 double cheeseburgers, french fries and a large drink at the golden arches.

06-06-2006, 06:38 PM
The lettuce is really a nice touch.