PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful figure build

Arieanna
08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
lots of pictures of an Agressive Tomomi build-up. love the eyes and the way the person did the stripes on the skirt.

http://www.bunbun.ne.jp/~gungal/gk.html

http://www.bunbun.ne.jp/~gungal/a116.jpg

Dr.H
08-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Great link Arieanna. The workup pictures are wonderful. I just wish more Japanese tutorials could be translated into english since they always have the best ones. :)

redrage
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Great find Arieanna. Kinda covers the whole gamut of conditions.

AncientOne
08-19-2005, 03:24 AM
Amazing find Arieanna. This is a very detailed tutorial wich will come in handy for future kits.

KrokoHunter
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
:bow: What an awesome tutorial... I love the eyes, and all the small tips'n'tricks .. Some of these tricks are soooooo simple, but one still have a "Why didn't I think of that"-feeling!

When I saw, how he made the skirt, I was just ::yikes

Awesome solution ... masking would have taken days, weeks, months......

(Perhaps I should try an get hold at some Decal-printing paper .... you can make semi-good decals without the use of a ALPS, right ???? as long as you don't need white decals ??? or am I mistaken?)

AOJ
09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Wow the tutorial is really good! Without understanding japanese, you can undestand mostly everything. I like the cheapo ways to fix bad casting :D. The eye painting is a master job.

But ... I don't fully understand what does the sculptor to do the stripes. It cuts some thin masking stripes (?) and then stick to the skirt? I don't know what Mr. Mark Softer and Mr. Mark Setter does :S

GameraBaenre
09-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Those thin strips are decals. Looks like the builder printed out some decals, then applied them to the skirt. The Mr Mark Softer and Mr Mark Setter are decal softener and setting solutions. The softer is used to soften the decal so that it conforms to the curvy surface of the skirt. The decal setter helps the decal stick better to the surface. After applying these products, the decals look like they have been painted on.

Interesting stuff, I'm going to have to get me a tube of that light curing putty - I've heard interesting things about it and if it helps speed up the build process, all the more reason to try the stuff out.

Ferio
09-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Interesting stuff, I'm going to have to get me a tube of that light curing putty - I've heard interesting things about it and if it helps speed up the build process, all the more reason to try the stuff out.

Based on my experience I have found it really does not speed up the process of buiding that much. The cure time is dependent on the amount of UV(?) in the light source. It will setup faster than Tamiyas standard 2-part putty though. To get it to setup faster then you can put it in the window with direct sunlight.

One thing I don't like about the putty is the consistency when it is cured. It has a very plastic feel and does not come down at the same rate as the surrounding resin when sanded.

As with anything in this hobby, your mileage will vary. :wacko:

Ferio

powerdoll
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Great link, too bad it's on japanese. What is hei-cast anyway?