PDA

View Full Version : Hi, my first time in this page ^^

Saitou
06-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Hello to everybody (sorry about my English, I try to do my best writing)

I'm 23 years old, i like Anime but this is my firsts step in the garage kits (and figures in general)

I found this page yesterday while I was searching how to make figures stating from nothing, and I see in this forum the Original Models thread (very useful), I have a lot of doubts and I hope the people from here help me. I'm interested about making Original Models so you will probably see me there asking and seeing yours works.

-Saitou (and again, sorry If I misspelled some words)

Dr.H
06-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Welcome Saitou :D !!
Don't worry about your english, we have members here from all over the world so not everyone has it as a native language.. even those of us who do don't use it right all the time ;) .
Feel free to ask any question you want. After all we're all here to learn and have fun right . :lol:

Arieanna
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Welcome! and feel free toa sk any questions you'd like. :) im enjoying making my original models. its a ton of fun to watch something appear from nothing :happy: i havent been at it very long myself so theres still plenty im learning too ;)

Willow
06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
...even those of us who do [speak English] don't use it right all the time ;) .

Aint that the truth! (Pun intended):p

Anyway...welcome to the forum. Don't worry...the English teachers aren't here to correct your misspellings.

Arieanna has done nice work on her originals and I am sure she can help you out. Filmkr can help out and Redrage too. Joa kit bashes once in a while (I think) err.... Yeah. there are great folks here. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Deathscythe454
06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
hehe HI and welcome :D I am a new but old person here. Dont mind your english cause i cant type or spell for nothing :unsure: I hope to see you around more and stuff you can do ! ! !

DO you have any models done?

I see you are looking at starting a model from nothing :D when you do take lots of pictures so we can see.

Saitou
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks to everybody

I'm following the making of the model of Alita (Arieanna) and all the models in "Original Models" thread I'm learning a lot in this place (in a short time too).

Well I have a lot of Illustrations (made by myself (anime style)) I hope one day I can see this draws and sketch in a 3d figure, i was practicing with a normal clay, but I have no idea how make the model like a pro work, for that I will have to wait to learn more, and after a time start making figures.

Thanks a lot, soon i will upload sketch of my idea for a Model (a very simple figure).

Arieanna
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
hopefully my blundering through things will help you some. unfortunately i don't have all the WIP stuff from before GKJ opened its doors so all the initial stuff id written up is pretty much lost. i do have my step by step pictures though if you'd like to see those at some point. just let me know and ill load them all into alita's gallery and you can browse at your leisure. ;)

im definately looking forward to seeing your concept art. i got into GKs simply by being into anime and manga. i did a lot of drawing in that style. :) building the figure models was a simple step to make and with a lack of kits of my fave chars, sculpting was the next logical move. lol

if you have any questions feel free to ask. :happy:

Saitou
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Here somes images:

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/1754/eri8ik.jpg

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/3619/skech2fix8mz.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9564/complet0am.jpg

I will try to do in model the last image, because is more simple, I'm searching the materials, but I will wait to learn more in this page before start to work.

Deathscythe454
06-06-2006, 08:33 PM
OMG you drew that :wub: if you dont hurry, I may make one :D She is adorable ! ! ! you have more?