PDA

View Full Version : 12:1 stitch

Joa
07-01-2006, 01:47 PM
With everything packed in boxes for our move (including our japanese chef's knives), I had to rely on an old, not so sharp kitchen knife...

Well.. let me hear you say "Ouch!"
It may not look it, but I cut down to the bone.. Damn those onions.... :dry:

The band aid just came off after a shower on the fourth day after my *injury*...

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/3/kitchen_knife.JPG

Could've been worse I guess... :sleep: ...like the bike crash the day b4.

Dr.H
07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
If you didn't have to move I'd say you should stay in an room without sharp or hard objects for a couple of days..you know they say things happen in threes.:sad:
..Is that fishing line??

Arieanna
07-01-2006, 03:30 PM
ok let me say that is one of the grossest things ive seen.

some people have problems with spiders.... i have a HUGE problem with mutilated skin. not blood, just the cut/mangled skin. can't even watch anyone get shot or their ears pierced :wacko:

thank you for giving me the heebie jeebies! :wacko:

(as a side note- hope it heals fast for you. sucks to have to move with that i bet >.< )

Willow
07-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Why is it that men love to post pictures of their injuries? I find it gross, but none the less, Joa, I hope you heal soon.

Dr. has cut his finger down to the bone before...a couple of years ago. Hope you keep your feeling in your finger. Dr. lost some of his.

Love ya :)

FilmMkr
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Ouch??

I don't like it when anyone uses the words "cut" and "bone" in the same sentence. *shudder*

Did you do the sewing job yourself? Looks homemade to moi . . .

xDiscoStu
07-01-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm normally one to giggle at one measly stitch... "What? you couldn't suck it up enough that you needed to go and get just one stich? Seven stitches maybe, but one?"
But darn those pesky puncture wounds. Those occasionally need just one knot and sometimes you can't just suck it up . So here's to you, mate. No giggles at all. I raise my glass to you and remind you that the shiny part is the cutty-ouchie-bleedy part.

Masa
07-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Ouch! Better get some disinfectant on that. You've been having wonderful luck lately... like Doc mentioned - better check twice before crossing the street :sweat:

p.s. When you said 12:1 stitch... I was clicking to see a resin kit or sculpt of mr. blue :rolleyes:

ryukumon
07-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Ouch! Better get some disinfectant on that. You've been having wonderful luck lately... like Doc mentioned - better check twice before crossing the street :sweat:

p.s. When you said 12:1 stitch... I was clicking to see a resin kit or sculpt of mr. blue :rolleyes:

You know that bad part is I was expecting a 12 foot tall statue of Stitch as well. So, Masa, I guess some of us are riding in the same boat, please pass me an oar. :p

All the same, Joa, I hope you recovery is quick and... um.... painless?

Ryu

Arieanna
07-26-2006, 06:00 PM
along the same lines as this, i just got home from the ER :squint:

was washing dishes when a glass decided to shatter in my hand. almost took a chunk of my thumb (side of my hand at the first knuckle) clean off and got a pretty deep cut right next to the tendon of my index finger.

man was it a gusher!

got 8 stitches and a tetnus(sp?) shot out of the deal. and on mmy right hand no less! :sweat:

what a wonderful :censored: day!

Willow
07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
:wub: :injured:

Arieanna
07-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Willow! It hurts! :cry:

Come visit so you can kiss my owie and make it better! :wub:

really sucks trying to do anything. even typing hurts. heck just holding my book hurts since it stretches the muscles in my thumb! :sweat:

Dr.H
07-26-2006, 11:42 PM
That sucks! Poor Arie :stretcher: I hope you feel better real soon :( .

Saitou
07-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Ouch! at least the tendon was not hurt (was?), any picture of the injure like the Joa's, with a nice close up :devil: ? jokes apart, i hope you can recovery soon Arieanna and don't move the hand much (i know, is impossible :( )

Willow
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I see poor Arie's injury has spawned some new smilies from the Dr. Hee hee!

:kisses:

Arieanna
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
here ya go. grossness for your viewing (dis)pleasure! :devil:

2 stitches here
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/4/Img_0166.jpg

and 6 stitches here, and that hunk of skin may not even survive. it was almost cut all the way off down to the muscle. that was nasty! :squint: the doctor just stitched it up "in case" and if nothing else its a natural bandade. lol

and atm from above the wound to the bottom of my thumbnail is numb. i cant feel most of the knuckle. the doctor just said "that's interesting" when i told him the way it felt in the ER. he wants to wait a few days and see what happens <shrugs>
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/4/Img_0165.jpg

Willow
07-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Ewwwwwie.

Joa
07-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Yay, this be da new injury thread of GKJ! :hijacked:

Score of today; Arie leads ... :hubba:

Juja
07-27-2006, 04:43 PM
uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I feel soooooo sorry for ya :cry:

I have one with 2 stitches on my left thumb
and "only" 2 were soooo terrible-horrible hurting at night ....

:( all the best wishes for your fast recovery

Arieanna
07-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Score of today; Arie leads ... :hubba:

Yay!... i think? lol:confused:

i did realize today im pretty sure i nicked a nerve pretty good. if i move my hand a certain way i get a very painful sharp pain in the numb joint. found this out as i was trying to plug my fan into the wall today :wacko: