View Full Version : Weather in the way?

08-03-2006, 11:45 PM
This summer is Hot Hot Hot in CT this year:sweat: . Building my workspace in the basement is great for most of the year since I have heat down there for colder days.. but the heat is killing me!
I had to add a dehumidifier early this summer because it was getting really muggy and some of my tools were starting to show signs of rust:mad: .
The main down side of the dehumidifier is wet air goes in one side and hot air out the other, add to it that the last week has hit around 100+- F every day and not cooling much at night.
It's plain uncomfortable to be down there :( and there is no good way to hook up ac down there. Needless to say the weather is putting a Major hamper in my model progresses.
I was wondering if anyone else has problems with weather during the year? I know some of you paint outside so winter must be a problem and anyone without ac near water knows how much humidity can mess with paint.
Lol my next house I'm building a climate controlled model room.

08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I hate to talk about the weather, but I can not paint due to the heat, here in Seville we reach 40ÂșC easily, I hate ac, my painting room is receiving direct sunlight noon to dusk, the compressor shut off after 5 minutes working, sweat is something to control and not to dilute paint with!. :sweat: .

So I am prepping kits, what else?

08-05-2006, 01:04 AM
It's really hot here too. On top of that, I'm busy like you wouldn't believe... maybe I can hook up with Joa's internet provider and get a 5 week vacation while I wait for internet hookup? :D :cry:

Most of my time sucking projects will be over just in time for me to miss all the big summer festivals ::banghead

08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Mine is the same i put in a dehumidifier and when i turned it on i was @ 90% >< and i couldnt figure out why paint wouldnt stick:doh:

But on a side note you can get a stand alone a/c unit for about 400 bucks if you can swing the coin to get it. BUt yes this year has been bad here in CT rain and heat wise.