View Full Version : Newest Member

08-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey Everyone,

I'm the newest member to GKJ and I'm happy to be here. I actually stumbled across this website while looking to buy Garage Kits. Bookmarked it. And here I am. I've been reading some of the posts and I noticed that A LOT of the people in here have a great talent.

This will be my first attempt at a model that isn't a car or truck. :lol: And I'm willing to accept the critisizm that comes with making anime models. I figure I'll learn how to paint them first, then maybe move onto my own.

Anybody have any tips for a new (anime) modeler?

08-18-2006, 12:04 PM

This is a great place to learn and grow as a modeler. People give great constructive criticism. There are some really neat tutorials (http://www.gkjapan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6) here also. You'll find that each member has different strengths and can offer you different advice to help you along.

I have no strengths...so I won't be helping you along, but I'll be cheering you along!::thumb

Can't wait to see some of your work!

08-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Welcome aboard! Definately feel free to ask any questions you have, your'e sure to get some great advice ^^

Have you decided what figure you're going to try first? I'd definately suggest staying away from Ah My Goddess kits, those have an absolute ton of pieces usually. hehe

08-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I actually have a 1/5.5 Scale Katsumi (Dead or Alive) Model kit coming my way as we speak. Doesn't have too many pieces and there shouldn't be too many small pieces. I figured it'd be a good starter kit.

And thanks for the warm welcome.

08-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Anybody have any tips for a new (anime) modeler?

The techniques aren't that different from building a car or plane model. Most of the tools and materials are similar as are the construction and painting process. I'm sure all the members will chime in to guide you through the process once you are ready to begin :)

08-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Welcome to GKJ Taugan :happy: I'm sure you'll like it here as much as we do ::thumb .