PDA

View Full Version : Promotion System. READ ME BEFORE YOUR FIRST POST!!

Dr.H
09-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Spammers are a way of life for forums but they can be kept from posting or solicit members though safety features in the forum software. We regularly delete accounts that are know spammers or have suspicious email addresses. While this tends to keep our visual member levels low.. who wants to be part of a forum with huge member numbers that consist mainly of non-legit non-posting spammer?
If you feel I accidentally deleted your account please feel free to contact me and I will reinstate it right away.

I also started a promotions system here. It's basically a simple protection step for the forum where all new members have to have their first 2 posts moderated by us before they show up on the forum. After they pass the first 2 postings they are promoted to full members and free to post anywhere at anytime. Under the promotion system the new members are also not allowed to post in the classified section or gallery until they become full members.

I know its an inconvenience but I hope you'll understand it's only two posts and for your protection. ::thumb

Thanks

Dr.H
01-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Just wanted to remind all the new users about the 2 post count system. You won't be able to see your first two posts loaded until we validate them, then you will become a full member and can post where ever you want as much as you want ;). So there is no need to repeat your first post, we received it and just have to get to ok-ing it. I know it's a bit of a pain but thank you for being patient.