PDA

View Full Version : Hi Newbie here

Mai
09-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi All,
I am a newbie to this site and to garage kits in general. But I have been hunting around on the net for inforamation for a while. I am impressed the skill and attension to detail of the various kits on here.
Please forgive me if over the next few weeks I ask some dumb questions, I really am starting from the basics.
Takes for any help you can offer.
Regards Mai

Dr.H
09-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Welcome Mai :D
Feel free to ask us anything, thats what we are here for. ;)
I hope you like it here as much as we do. Stop by the chat and say hi some time.

xDiscoStu
09-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Welcome, welcome!

Arieanna
09-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Welcome aboard!

Don't worry about asking any questions, we'll answer as best as we're able :keke:

Can't wait to see your first kit. Have you thought about what you want to do yet? :)

Miaka
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Welcome Mai ;)

Mai
09-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Hi All,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am over here in Europe so not sure how often I will get a chance to use the chat- although I am a bit of a night owl some times.
When I was younger I did alot of die cast figures and mech stuff. But I am looking forward to trying figures. I am hunting around for something abit less gravity defying than most of the figures that I have seen so far.
I have seen a few kits that interst me over on Yahoo japan(?). So I will have to sort, getting an exporter. I will probably try a few cheaper easier kits to start, as I will probably will make a mess of them.
Also I quite fancy a go at doing my own figure, I know leaping in at the deep end. But it would make a nice ongoing project. I was reading through Arieanna's thread about her figure- Really Impressive, Bet that there was alot of work involved there.

I see ALOT of PVC figures that are painted and finshed already, Is it possible to find them in kit form?

Thanks Mai

Taugan
09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Welcome Mai. I'm in the same boat as you on being new to the garage kits. I'm sure you'll be fine. There are some good people here.

Taugan