View Full Version : Hi, I'm member no.123 <--FTW!!

09-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Hello all!

My name is Edsa M. A. from Indonesia, you can call me Midz. I'm a fan of garage kit (with a tight budget :p ), and I do like to sculpt. I'm just a beginner though, so I don't have any 'madz-skillz' or whatever. I sculpt with an air dry clay called Lyra Keramiplast. It's very messy, but it gets the job done. Modeling material, especially garage kit stuff (epo-putty!), is hard to find where I live, and when they are available, it's expensive:cry: . I think that's enough of my rant :sweat: I was directed here by a post Arieanna did in another sculpting forum.

I'm hoping that I can learn and share with you my expiriences on (mainly) sculpting a figure. My main goal as of now is making a 1:12 figure, since I've always been fascinated by gashapon.

Well I guess, that's about does it for my introduction.
Nice to meet you all, and hoping to have a great time here!

09-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Welcome MidZ :D .
We have quite a few members here trying sculpting for the first time so your not alone and you can all learn together which is great ::thumb .

1/12 man lol that seems tiny to some of us 1/4 - 1/6 builder. If you need help on building smaller scale models I know some members here build miniatures and their tips would be priceless.

09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome Midz! Glad to see you found your way over here :devil:

I'm still a beginner when it comes to sculpting as well. Lots to learn and I'm always on the look out for new methods and tips.

1/12? man I don't think I could manage something that small! My current project is probably about 1/8 and I'm wishing I would have made her bigger! :blink:

Can't wait to see some of your work. Now, I'm a sucker for pictures so I hope to see lots of WIP shots! ;)

09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey there, and welcome to this Great place! =)

09-22-2006, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm sure I'll have a great time in this great place! YAY!:lol:

09-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Totally off-topic, but when I was in elemetary school I did a huge report on the country of Indonesia.

Hope you enjoy your stay at GKJ::thumb

09-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Welcome !!!

Hope you will have fun with everyone here. They are all great and will help you very much ;)

09-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Ah yes, the magic of the sequential interger. (wistful reminiscing) How many of us do a little dance when the odometer in our car reads 12345 or similar.
...or maybe RAWK out when it reads 000666 in a new car... :rockon:

1/12 scale ain't SO small but it is uncommon. Saves on the ol' shelf space!