View Full Version : It's Fall Again!!

09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Ah fall :hehe: my favorite time of the year! Since I live in New England I guess I'm a bit fall bias lol, I can't help it that it's in my blood:p . Right around late September when the weather is starting to get crisp in the mornings and in the low to mid 60's f during the day, man that feel good after a long hot summer. It time for going to the apple orchards, making pies and Jack O Lantern Pumpkins. Let not forget the foliage!!

This is a photo of New Haven Connecticut near Yale University. I've had to mention this to a few people already that the photo is NOT FAKE or airbrushed. Yes folks that is what it looks like here in late October early November. Since I live in Connecticut about 25 min away up shore from New Haven we get our foliage later than northern New England. Vermont and New Hampshire should be getting lovely foliage right about now. I will take some local pictures for this thread next month;) .
We'll be going to Lyman Orchard soon for some great fruit and cheese! http://www.lymanorchards.com/

Since we have members from all over the world, what is your favorite time of the year?

On a side note.. Man the coyotes have been loud at night here lately!

09-30-2006, 01:39 AM
that is SOOOO pretty!

next time i come visit im making sure to visit in the fall :keke:

09-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Beautiful scenery there in New England Dr. H. Kind of reminds me of the Ozarks where my parents were from. I always love driving up into the Ozarks during autumn.

Texas has been so hot and dry this year that we really haven’t had much in the way of foliage.

Here’s a photo of our front yard from earlier this summer…

09-30-2006, 01:16 PM
:blink: tint the sky red in that image and you'd swear you were looking at a scene from a movie set on mars. lol

09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I sponsor a Pop Warner football team and just came back from a game - it was 90 degrees plus the sun reflecting off the metal bleachers = north of a hundred. ::yikes

We had some fall-like weather earlier in the week around dawn, but otherwise its like Red sez - hot, hot, hot!

09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow I'm not sure I could take those temps for months on end.. When do you Texans start to get relief usually?

09-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Typically... around now. It's only 90º. As opposed to a balmy 103º+ in mid August. It'll top out at 90ish and start falling 'till Winter where, hey, we may acutally drop to freezing once or twice.

10-01-2006, 06:42 PM
It's been in the 90's this weekend but it should start to cool off very soon.

Seems like we only have two seasons here in Dallas; summer and winter and unfortunately both are typically brown.

10-01-2006, 06:47 PM
we only have 2 seasons in minnesota too.

Winter and Road Construction. :wacko:

10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
I don't know how people live without snow... I love it!

And all that Fall brings to us...let's see how many things we can make with apples...

Baked apples with cinnamon and brown sugar
Apple crumb cake
Apple crisp
Apple pie
Apple turnovers
Apple sauce
Apple juice
Apple cider
Apple fritters
Apple pancakes
Apple butter
Apple strudel
Apple dumplings
Apple donuts
Apple danish
Apple-smoked cheese::yikes

11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Lauri and I were able to sneak out for a weekend in the Ozarks and enjoy some fall weather together; here's what autumn looks like in some parts of the south.

From an observation tower

It was nice to get out of Dallas for awhile! :)

11-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Sweet! It just turned a little cooler here today. Gonna wear a long sleeve pullover for the homeowner's association meeting tonight. (I'm the VP - gotta do my civic duty, doncha know!)

11-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow .. that's just beautiful...

We get kind of those colors here as well, though they tend to shift more towards yellows (birch land) even if oak does sine through with its golden reds...

11-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Wow nice pics Red... It looks like the south was way better than New England this year. Since we had a very wet summer it cause a blight on the maple trees
which made they change earlier than the other tree's and not get very good colors :dry: . So all the tree's were off cycle then when they did turn we had a huge
rain/windy week that took all the leaves down early... Simply our fall sucked this year! :mad:

I did manage to grab a few pics right before all the tree's got screwed up, the colors are not good at all.. My job/shop is right across the street from Cedar Lake
so I stopped on the way to work a bit more than a month ago.

11-16-2006, 12:20 AM
thats better than what we had. ours trees went form greeen to brown. not much in between there. :cry: