PDA

View Full Version : PC Game and Hardware Fun

Dr.H
10-12-2006, 09:36 PM
This past year a few GKJ members decided to get together as many Saturday nights as we could to play an online game together. We chose Neverwinter Nights as our game since a lot of us were familiar with the AD&D style of rules and play.
It was great fun and we were close to finishing the game when we took a break over the summer.
We plan to finish it of shortly since Neverwinter Nights 2 is due out at the end of this month!:D
If your into RPG or AD&D style games this looks to be one of the best ever made.
http://www.atari.com/nwn2/
We will probably be starting the campaign early this winter if everything falls in line.
Any member is welcome to join us. We usually use a voice chat of some sort so a headset will come in handy.
As far as the game goes....it's a has pretty high requirements if you didn't just get a new PC in the last year or two :sweat: I just ordered a whole bunch of new PC parts to build a whole new computer just to run this game.... While I met all the recommended requirements I fell short with the video card and without a pci-express motherboard well.. I decided to just scrap the whole thing. :throw:

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse

Recommended:
- 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1GB System Ram
- ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

So I hope everyone who want to play has the stats for it. I know I'll be there and this winters Saturday nights look like they'll be lively again!

Masa
10-13-2006, 12:08 AM
I already cleared it with my accountant (read: wife) since I'll have to buy a new gaming rig to play it... but sign me up, I'll be there ::thumb

Arieanna
10-13-2006, 01:31 AM
showed the hubby the comp i was looking at last night. he likes the look of it so...... <crosses fingers>

Masa
10-13-2006, 04:28 AM
showed the hubby the comp i was looking at last night. he likes the look of it so...... <crosses fingers>

Good luck :D

I just ordered mine... should be shipping out tomorrow. The best thing is, I don't have to look at the credit card bill til next month :cry:

Dr.H
10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
I just ordered mine... should be shipping out tomorrow. The best thing is, I don't have to look at the credit card bill til next month :cry:
It seems I spend more money on each computer I build.. Luckily I have 90 days to pay off all my parts. FedEx says everything will arrive on Monday so I'll be building it all night lol. I'm so excited now!I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Arie ;) I hope you can join us again!

Willow
10-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I already cleared it with my accountant (read: wife) since I'll have to buy a new gaming rig to play it... but sign me up, I'll be there ::thumb

That's funny, because Dr. H didn't clear this with HIS accountant :whip:

Masa
10-13-2006, 08:52 PM

:hide2:

Dr.H
10-13-2006, 09:17 PM

I.. um..well..you see..Doh :bop:

Masa
10-14-2006, 05:00 AM
I.. um..well..you see..Doh :bop:

:injured:

Dr.H
10-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't know if this bugs any of you guys when you build a computer but it drives me nuts.. Video card and CPU manufacturers namely Nvidia vs ATI and Intel vs AMD, their competing at such a fast rate that if you buy one of their products within 2-6 months they release another line that either drops the price of yours by half or remove it from production.. :shakeshead:
While it's great that hardware is moving to keep up with software like Microsoft Windows Vista with DirectX10 that will be out in January I'm glad that most software and games stay a little behind the hardware so we can at least get a year out of our hardware before it become a drag on the softwares requirements :dry:
I figure the best thing to do is figure money is just money and if you need to upgrade your computer just to do it and worry about whats next after it gets here. Willow made a good point while talking to me last night that "you can never keep up with technology and if your always waiting for the next best thing to arrive you'll never get anything because as soon as they release the newest thing, they'll announce a newer one coming in a few months"
That probably made the most since of it that I've heard.
For example I just bought Intels new Core 2 Duo processor (E6700) that just came out July 27th and while its the best cpu ever made.. AMD and Intel have already said Quad Core cpu's will be out early next year.. but most software is just starting to take advantage of the dual cores so I'm not going to fret over that change much since as soon a the Quad Cores are out they'll state the release of Dual Quad Cores or something lol.
I also bought the Nvidia 7950 GX2 video card which next to the ATI Radeon X1950 XTX is the best current card on the market. These came out June and September but with DirrectX10 around the corner Nvidia is "supposedly" releasing a whole new design of cards the 8800GTX and 8800GT (G80) the second week of November which will handle DirrectX10 and blow away everything on the market until ATI's R600 which comes out around December/January. We'll see which is better when they both come out but I'm going to try not to worry about the 8800GTX making my new card obsolete next month since the 7950 GX2 will more than handle any games I'll be playing for a long time and I don't plan to rush out and get Windows Vista right away, also who knows how many DirrectX10 based games will even be out next year?
Thats my current rant about Computers :p lol I get this way every time I build a new one, at least thats only about every two years ;) .

Dr.H
10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok :D I'm finally back online after building my new pc. It took a while since the hardware change was so drastic that my old harddrive would'nt load windows.. :dry: I had to do a fresh install on a new hard drive then that hard drive would show my old one hooked up and I could transfer files that I needed over to the new one. :wacko:
Anyway here are some pics of the new pc.

Front of the Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Tower case. Two LED's in the front door :
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/DocPcFront.jpg

Here are a couple of side pictures showing the hardware, blue LED fan that came with the case and the Thermaltake Blue Dual cold cathodes tubes Masa told me I "Had" to get :p( I installed one in the bottom and one behind the top rail ) Oh I still need to clean up and ziptie my cables :

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/DocPcSide2.jpg

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/DocPcSide.jpg

I built what I could afford without going crazy. Lets see.. here's the list:

Motherboard - Asus P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP nForce 590 SLI Intel Edition
Power Supply - Thermaltake Toughpower 750W Power Supply w/Active PFC
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB Serial ATA II 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe Processor 2.67GHz, 1066FSB, 4MB Cache
RAM - Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance Memory
Video Card - XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 Xtreme 520M PCI Express 1GB DDR3 Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI
DVD Drive - Pioneer DVR-710 16X Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive
Case - Thermaltake Dream Tower Series -Tsunami Aluminum Mid Tower Case w/Transparent Side Window (Black)
Added 12/1/07:
Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
Router D-Link Xtreme N Gaming Router DGL-4500

Thats about it.. I should be set to go now ;) I'm currenty trying out my new system on Dreamfall The Longest Journey 2, The first game was good so I thought I would give the second a try. So far all graphics are set to max and it runs great and looks awesome!! All I need now is a nice 24" LCD to replace my 19" CRT Monitor ::thumb , maybe I can get one for xmass lol.

Masa
10-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Kick butt ::thumb

Dr.H
10-19-2006, 11:05 PM
So anyone else interested? ;)

Masa
10-19-2006, 11:49 PM
It was great fun and we were close to finishing the game when we took a break over the summer.

Actually, we finished the game and the first expansion pack, and were almost done with the second expansion pack when we took a break :D

After a long hard week of work... nothing spells relief like letting loose a storm of fireballs! Don't be shy, come join the fun :)

chimera
10-20-2006, 05:33 AM
Wow, amazing pc ;) That must have set you back, geesh. Well over 2k?

It's a shame there seems to be less and less pc games coming out that are interesting, probably too much pirating.

Is that an online game? I'll have to look it up ;)

I'm playing battlefield 2142 right now ;) My pc is barely handling it.<lol>

Dr.H
10-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow, amazing pc ;) That must have set you back, geesh. Well over 2k?

It's a shame there seems to be less and less pc games coming out that are interesting, probably too much pirating.

Is that an online game? I'll have to look it up ;)

I'm playing battlefield 2142 right now ;) My pc is barely handling it.<lol>

Thanks chimera :D . I've been building my own computers for years so the parts cost me less than 2k, I did price the same system built through Dell and some other companies just for fun and my computer would retail around $3,500 - $3,800 (not including my 19" monitor, speakers, modem, wireless keyboard/mouse, surge protector and wireless router which I kept from my old pc.)

I think the main reason for less pc games is the console systems like xbox, playstation ect. The systems are cheap compaired to a pc gaming rig and parrents and kids don't mind blowing $49 on games they can beat in a week.. we'll see how that goes when DirrectX10 comes out ;) .

Yes NWN2 is an online rpg game. It's the second of a series by Atari and Wizards of the Coast ( makers of D&D and Forgotten Realms games and books) The first one was designed by Blizzard (WarCraft) and this one was by Obsidian. It also is a single player game that can be played at home.

It looks great and I can't wait to get it started ::thumb . It was either Never Winter Nights 2 or GuildWars and we chose the D&D one ;) .

I've never played battlefield 2142 isn't that a mecha game?

chimera
10-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah I've building my own pc's since 1987 too, so I can apprieciate your setup. I figured even building it yourself you'd be pushing 2k, as I just priced a lot of those parts myself. Did you get some off ebay or something?

My latest selfbuilt was a p4 2.4, 1gig ram, 256mb 2600 nvidia, so getting a little old now, I've had it for about 2-3 years.

I typically wait a year or two into the next generation, till some good mobo's come out, some of the buggier issues get worked out, the prices fall a little, and wait till a game that I absolutely have to play comes out where it's mins exceed my systems capabilities, till I upgrade, especially since I'm poor, so I'm really jealous right now ;)

I also like to find a mobo with raid controllers which seems to be getting rare these days. I like to have a lot of small and medium size drives, instead of one big one, so in case my main drive decides to fail I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I have 8 drives around 100gb each. They total about a terabyte ;)

Battlefield 2142 is the latest battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, and battlefield 2 game, it has one mecha vehicle, but most of it's just futuristic tanks and personal weapons and junk. They're all basically a capture the flag fps, mainly intended for online gaming, but there's a single player setup as well.

Yeah I played nwn 1 and 1.5, I guess I'll give the new one a go, is it online only or is there a story in this one as well?
Oh, I was actually referring to dreamfall, I don't think I caught that one.

Yeah, it's a shame how few games have come out, and like you said, it seems there have been a lot more releases for console, it's likely the developers are shying away from pc cause stuff gets pirated as soon as it comes out, if not earlier these days. I don't think it's nessecarily the kid factor, as that's always been there, but maybe the two pressures together have ruined it.<sigh>

ChairmanMeow
10-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Whilst thinking about buying NWN 2 when it comes out, it occurs to me that I haven't even finished the first one yet, or even looked at any of the expansion sets for it.

Perhaps it is time for a hardcore gaming marathon...

Willow
10-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I wanna play.

Arieanna
10-22-2006, 11:37 AM
<--- wants Willow to play too!:keke:

Willow
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't think we are using my computer as the server this time. I just need a better video card and I'm in.

Dr.H
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Yeah I've building my own pc's since 1987 too, so I can apprieciate your setup. I figured even building it yourself you'd be pushing 2k, as I just priced a lot of those parts myself. Did you get some off ebay or something?

My latest selfbuilt was a p4 2.4, 1gig ram, 256mb 2600 nvidia, so getting a little old now, I've had it for about 2-3 years.

I typically wait a year or two into the next generation, till some good mobo's come out, some of the buggier issues get worked out, the prices fall a little, and wait till a game that I absolutely have to play comes out where it's mins exceed my systems capabilities, till I upgrade, especially since I'm poor, so I'm really jealous right now ;)

I also like to find a mobo with raid controllers which seems to be getting rare these days. I like to have a lot of small and medium size drives, instead of one big one, so in case my main drive decides to fail I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I have 8 drives around 100gb each. They total about a terabyte ;)

Battlefield 2142 is the latest battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, and battlefield 2 game, it has one mecha vehicle, but most of it's just futuristic tanks and personal weapons and junk. They're all basically a capture the flag fps, mainly intended for online gaming, but there's a single player setup as well.

Yeah I played nwn 1 and 1.5, I guess I'll give the new one a go, is it online only or is there a story in this one as well?
Oh, I was actually referring to dreamfall, I don't think I caught that one.

Yeah, it's a shame how few games have come out, and like you said, it seems there have been a lot more releases for console, it's likely the developers are shying away from pc cause stuff gets pirated as soon as it comes out, if not earlier these days. I don't think it's nessecarily the kid factor, as that's always been there, but maybe the two pressures together have ruined it.<sigh>

I try to never buy anything off of Ebay, for computer parts I either use Tigerdirect, NewEgg or ZipZoomFly.

I usually wait about two-three years between builds also, the one I replaced had a 3.14 P4 with 1gig duel channel ram, 36 gig Western Digital Raptor HD but only an old GForce FX 5200 64mb lol which I had meant only as a temp cheapo card until the 256 model which was coming out shortly after.. then at the speed the cards changed I never did end up getting one. Plus my Soyo Dragon Platinum mother board didn't have PCI-E hook-ups so I knew it was time for an upgrade...

I believe most mother boards still have Raid, you just need to turn it on in the Bios. I know my MB does and it just came out a little more than 2 weeks ago.

DreamFall is the sequel to The Longest Journey, their similar to Myst type games and I really enjoyed the first and the graphics in Dreamfall are great so far. http://www.dreamfall.com/ Oh and NWN2 will still have a storyline with it.
I just bought a Xbox360 Control Pad to play DreamFall with and it's so much easier to play now and this has to be the best pc controller ever! Microsoft makes a Windows XP version of the Xbox360 controller which is the same as the console model but comes with a windows driver cd, if anyone has one of the Xbox360 controllers or wants one for their pc I recommend saving $5 by buying the regular one and downloading the driver off Microsoft's site for free.

It would be great to have everyone join in on the game. Including Willow.. we'll just have to figure out about installing a video card into a laptop.. :hmm:

Willow
10-22-2006, 06:13 PM
I want to be a halfling! Little and devious, just like me! http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/2/robber.gif

Dr.H
10-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I want to be a halfling! Little and devious, just like me! http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/2/robber.gif
Lol sure :P you meet the hight requirements.
I looked into it and why the Intel Chipset video can not be replaced I believe it would be equal to a 128mb GPU so you should meet the basic requirement.

Willow
10-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Yippeee!!!!

Dr.H
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
A couple of months ago my wifes bunny chewed through half of my Sennheiser pc165 usb headset cord!!::banghead I can't play NWN without a headset!
So last Monday I sent them back to Sennheiser for repair, they have a real nice online setup for repairs where you can track your items progression through repair.
It said they were repaired the very next day and since I'm only two towns away from their headquarters I figured I would get them back soon... one week later and still no returned headset so I called them up and they said I should be getting them today and it just takes a few days since they ship headsets out of their Chicago warehouse.
I was a bit confused on why they would send my headset all the way to Chicago to fix a simple cord tear? Lol the lady laughed and very nicely explained to me that they didn't fix my headset they sent me a brand new one. :huh: Huh? :D Sweet!!
This is best headset I've ever had and now that I've had dealings with the company I highly recommend Sennheiser to everyone!

Willow
10-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Will you buy me one?

Masa
10-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Just got word that my parts arrived today ::thumb
I ordered most of the components from Newegg, but will be picking up the heavier components (case, power supply) locally. I just won this auction on YJ for this pc case :wub:

Dr.H
10-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Yay Masa!
Thats one kick ass gaming case. :rockon:

Willow
10-28-2006, 12:29 AM
A couple of months ago my wifes bunny chewed through half of my Sennheiser pc165 usb headset cord!!::banghead

How come it's my bunny when he's being bad?

Dr.H
10-31-2006, 06:12 PM
NWN2 is now for sale!! :hubba:

Dr.H
11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah ::thumb . Guess what I'll be installing right now. :p
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/NWN2.jpg

Masa
11-08-2006, 01:20 AM
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Arieanna
02-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, I've got my new computer desk built, will be hooking up my new computer tonight soon as hubby brings it home (its getting the upgrades put in and unneeded programs stripped), and i already have my copy of NWN2 yay! :keke:

I'll get picks of my new setup tonight after its all set up :p

Dr.H
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Sweet!! Arie :) Its about time you two got a new pc, lol I just hope your hobby doesn't hog it from you all the time :P. You'll have to tell us the specs. Like did you go with Vista and a DX-10 video card? I'm exited now :)

Arieanna
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
no chance him hogging the pc. he got his own :p lol

Arieanna
02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
well no pics of my computer yet. Only one was ready to go today, guess they had some unforseen issues with the other one as they were installing the software. OF COURSE the hubby got the one that was ready. after helping him get it running and asking what he'd do without me all i got was the response- id have my truck. No thank yous, nada. so i spent my evening upstairs reading and watching tv away from him so i wouldnt have to listen to him gloat and oooo and aaaah over his computer.

but whatever, im not frustrated, mad, or bitter, really im not.

system specs-
HP Pavilion Media Center (it comes with a remote too :blink: )
Intel Viiv Tech w/ Intel Core 2 Dio E6300
2gigs ram
320gig hard drive
SuperMulti DVD Burner w/Lightscribe Tech
power supply upgraded to- Master POwer 500 watt v2.0
video card upgraded to- Radeon X 1650Pro

Arieanna
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
ok I ran 3dmark like masa suggested. it was the newest version. this is what the scores read-

Your system companred to all 892552 system configurations. There are 646555 systems with a higher score and 245997 ststems with a lower score than your system.

Main Test Results
3DMark Score 2147
SM 2.0 Score 762
SM 3.0 Score 821
CPU Score 1661

Detailed Test Results

Graphics
1. Return to Proxycon 5.558 FPS
2.Firefly Forest 7.137 FPS

CPU
CPU1- red Valley 0.524 FPS
CPU2- red valley 0.843 FPS

HDR Tests
1. Canyon Flight(SM 3.0) 7.545 FPS
2. Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 8.881 FPS

-------

so its not the best but its definately WAY better than my old system. as Masa said to me, my old system probably wouldnt run that program! lol

Dr.H
02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I decided to run my system on the 3DMark06 again to see how it was doing.
I seem to remember it being slightly faster when I ran it right after I built the system but thats to be expected after loading it up with games and programs.

Main Test Results

3DMark Score 8370 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 3698 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 3553 Marks
CPU Score 2335 Marks

Detailed Test Results

Graphics Tests
1 - Return to Proxycon 29.687 FPS
2 - Firefly Forest 31.946 FPS

CPU Tests
CPU1 - Red Valley 0.729 FPS
CPU2 - Red Valley 1.196 FPS

HDR Tests
1 - Canyon Flight (SM 3.0) 31.472 FPS
2 - Deep Freeze (SM 3.0) 39.595 FPS

Lol I'm ranked #43 out of simular built systems but #86857 out all system tested, man the new 8800GTX cards are killing everything!

Dr.H
02-12-2007, 08:40 PM
So :P are we about ready to try an online game soon?

Dr.H
03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Well I beat the game, after taking a few month off from playing it turns out I was only a few hours from the end.. It was a decent game :) worth its money for the entertainment I received from it.
I always liked single player RPGs and FPSs, while it's fun to hop online to play with a few friends, it frustrates me that so many really good looking new games both pc and console are either online only or have a weak single game with all the good stuff being meant for group play.. Do that many people like to play with people they don't know or want to take the time to make up a big group of people and then try to make sure they all have the time to play?

Tsunamidelta
03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Just putting together a new box myself

So far its got an AMD x64 Dualcore 5.2 ghz
two 7600 Nvidia GS's running in SLi
and quite a few other goodies.

But, I'd definately be up for gaming on a saturday, when ya'll ready to start up a new set. Perchance some FPS action as well as the Adventure games

Matt

Dr.H
03-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Sounds good Tsunamidelta.
So your looking at getting a AMD 64 X2 CPU :) I know a few people who really like the AMD's, which chip were you planing on getting? I'm not to familiar with AMD but I thought their top chip was the 6000 at 3.0ghz or did you mean the 5200 chip with 2.6ghz?
I am definitely a Nvidia man too :) Though with DX-10 being out I would recommend getting one of the 8800 series cards you'll definitely need one for future games and if your building a new system there is no point is not getting one now. They blow away everything out there and the GTS will only cost you slightly more than two 7600 gs's and give you way way more power.

We'd be glad to have you on for our next game or if we ever start NWN2 lol ;).

Dr.H
03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
I figured since we're talking about all kinds of computer stuff in this thread I would change the title from NWN2 to PC Game and Hardware Fun :p .

I was playing Half-Life 2 this winter and I found that during heavy action scenes my wireless mouse would slow down big time... So since my mouse and keyboard were a package deal I had to get a brand new mouse and keyboard. :happy:
I decided to go with the Logitech G5 laser mouse. It has three Dpi setting so you can be accurate or real fast and that fixed all my problems with the game.
I also chose the Logitech G-15 Keyboard.. lol what can I say I'm a sucker for gadgets.
It has a pop up lcd screen which can control my audio, date/time and show info about the games as I'm playing them. The main reason for getting the keyboard though is the keys light up and since I'm not a super typer and I always play with the lights off, it helps a lot.::thumb

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/LogitechG5.jpghttp://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/LogitechG15.jpg

Last week we had a power outage and I've been having problem with my old altec lansing speakers where if they were turned off they didn't want to turn back on..:dry: I've waited over a week and still nothing! I wasn't going to take the time to open the amp up and fix a 4 year old $99 speaker set so I went out tonight and got a new set.
I decided on the Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX speakers. The reviews were great on them and at $149 retail they cost a lot less than a 5.1 setup.
I've always liked the 2.1's better for pc's since half the time I'm playing games with my headset on and I watch movies downstairs on the big tv with the home theater lol. Now if the pc was my main dvd player I would definitely get a surround system.

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/LogitechZ-2300.jpg

I just listened to some tunes and these speakers rock :rockon: !!

Dr.H
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
We've been talking about a GKJ NWN2 online group game again ;). If you are interested, let us know.

Willow
10-11-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm not a fan of NWN2, but loved NWN1. Wished I got in on the action then. Oh well...

WarpCore
10-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Picked up and installing NWN2 at this moment

Dr.H
10-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Picked up and installing NWN2 at this moment

Yay ::thumb !

m_candy
10-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Noooo!
No NWN!
It's a boyfriend stealer! Do you really want anything to do with a home wrecker? lol
I shouldn't talk when smash bro's comes out for the wii I'm sure I will be stuck to it for a good month.

Dr.H
10-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Noooo!
No NWN!
It's a boyfriend stealer! Do you really want anything to do with a home wrecker? lol
I shouldn't talk when smash bro's comes out for the wii I'm sure I will be stuck to it for a good month.

Lol yeah we went through NWN1 here last year, it was crazy fun ::thumb
I've never played smash brothers before, is it fun?

Well after playing some Half-Life 2 ep.2 I decided that my 19" crt viewsonic wasn't cutting it anymore so I did some research on good gaming LCD's and just picked up a Samsung 22" 226CW LCD Monitor :keke: .
2ms response time, 3000:1 contrast and a wide color gamut of 97%
Lol I know Masa hates small screens so I think this will do fine for NWN2 :p .
It seems the 24" Monitors while costing a couple hundred more have worse stats than the 19-22's..:hmm:

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/226cw_l.jpg

Willow
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Look at all the fun stuff he gets...what about me???

Masa
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Lol I know Masa hates small screens so I think this will do fine for NWN2 :p

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/226cw_l.jpg

Once you go widescreen... you'll never go back :D

Congrats! ::thumb

Dr.H
04-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Just wondering if anyone else uses xFire (http://www.xfire.com/) to communicate or join games with their online friends?

Arieanna
04-27-2008, 10:48 PM
i normally just use ventrilo. easiest ive found to use with the games i play. i have used teamspeak before but dont like it as much. never used xfire.

though atm i wish i could play games period. cant until i get a new video card though. stupid thing fried and it was barely over a year old <sigh> currently im stuck using my onboard video which wont run jack crap. not even civ 3 :(

Dr.H
04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
That sucks about your card :( xfire isn't really used for voice like vent or teamspeak it's more like steam. You can chat with it and see what servers or games friends are using and join them directly.