View Full Version : Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

01-06-2007, 11:05 AM
ok, I just had to try out the internet function on the Wii....
And well, it works really well even using the remote to type...

01-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I got my 21 year-old son a Wii for Christmas - to say he was thrilled would be the world's greatest understatement - "Dad, how did you GET one?" LOL.

Anyway, I got a very strange "wii Friend Registration" email that I thought was a phishing scheme. I emailed my son directly to find out if, in fact, it was him trying out functions that I didn't even know the machine was capable of.

Turns out it WAS him, so I responded.

When we were in Japan, we looked high and low for Wii, because we figured they would hit the streets there before they came to the states. Unfortunately they weren't released in August, but he wanted one reeeealllllly bad, so I scored one for him for Christmas, along with Zelda and some extra controllers.

I still haven't seen it operate or played with it, 'cause he took it to his apartment and I haven't seen him since. LOL.

01-06-2007, 12:11 PM
lol tis the season for new games systems all right. im waiting a while before i dish out the money for the new PS3. Wii seems interesting, but PS has more games that are appealing to me, plus the fact i can play all my old ps games on the same system is an added bonus. i do miss playing zelda though. think ill have to buy myself (another) gameboy advance (my first one got stolen couple years back) so i can play at least some zelda again lol

01-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Film: they really should have kept the original name for it; 'The Revolution'

It is a total nut house playing multiple in Wii sports... ^_^;

01-09-2007, 09:42 PM
While in the trenches of the 32bit console wars, blindly clutching my Sega Saturn in despair begging for some of the great Japanese games to be imported, I had an epiphany. It was not about the technology, or the capability or the shiny happy look. It's about the games. Fun games... preferably more than two and easily available through normal channels. The Wii seems to have least 3 games that fall into that category, possibly more.

I am avoiding the PS3 simply because it has no fun games to speak of and a price tag that would cause those with weaker constitutions to wet their collective pants.

I did, however, pick up an XBox 360 over the weekend and I'm seriously considering dipping my toes in the Wii waters too. For those who may wish, hunt me down on Live: xDiscoStu

01-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Whenever we have friends over for a gaming night, we always bust out the Super Famicom with the multitap and five controllers for some Super Bomberman 2 action ::thumb

I'm still waiting for "the game" for either system that will make me fork over my hard earned cash. The announcement that Dragon Quest 9 will be released on Nintendo DS means I won't have to purchase any new hardware to play it. I really want to play Blue Dragon on Xbox 360, so I may go that route before getting a Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii or PSiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

In the meantime, I'll just wait it out with my pc gaming rig and multiplayer online games with my fellow GKJapan cohorts :D

01-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Bomberman through Mega Bomberman/Bomberman 94 are the high king party games. Forget all others. Forget all Bomberman games after BM94, incidentally. I cannot easily think of something more fun than trapping your buddy in bombs... only to accidentally trap yourself. Then futilely try to escape. *KABLOOEY*