PDA

View Full Version : New in the Neighborhood... Hi!

Resinbabes
02-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Just wanted to say hello!

I have just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to years of fun and adventures in figure modeling! Hope to get to know you all over time. I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful build-ups and sharing some of my crap.

Later all!( ::yikes

Dr.H
02-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Welcome to GKJ Resinbabes :) I'm sure you'll have fun. We love all kinds of "crap" here lol ;).

Arieanna
02-08-2007, 06:18 PM
hey there! welcome to the family! :keke:

Lots of stuff floating around, hopefully more soon. Lets see if I can actually manage to build something soon. I've been slacking lol

Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff. Do you have a favorite char, sculptor, or GK company?

Masa
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

Lactamaeon
02-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Hello ResinBabes! Welcome!
I really like your name, where did you get the idea for it from? ;)

Resinbabes
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
It just came to me in a dream...

FilmMkr
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome to GKJ!

For those of you who may not know, Resinbabes and I met at Wonferfest (the American version) last year and bonded over the Anime section of the contest, where both won Gold. Ask him to show you his gorgeous Selen build. (If he won't, I've got photos - heh.) ::thumb

Filmy

Dr.H
02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Ok :) can we see your Selen build?

Resinbabes
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Well, since you ask no nicely, sure.:bow:
Thanks!

FilmMkr
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Told 'ya.

You oughta see it in person. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Arieanna
02-10-2007, 08:26 PM
so you did that figure! i remember seeing some pics of it and thought it was totally cool ^^

Resinbabes
02-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the complement.

Dr.H
02-11-2007, 11:21 AM
The accel kits are really cool, kind of dark and sexy :). Did you make the base all yourself? The lighting disk is cool, I didn't know they came that small.

Resinbabes
02-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I really like his work. I bought one of his "AZAMI" kits last year at Chiller in NY.

Yes, the base is custom. I made it using mostly styrene and plexiglas, and lots of little odds and ends. I found the plasma disc at SPENCER GIFTS, in the mall. That place is a great resourse for tacky-cool parts. They have the disks even smaller. I have bought some of them and I plan to use them for some Borg-Android Alcove, Mind Probe, Time Machine type thing, I don't know exactly what yet. But they are too cool not to use in something.

Later

Resinbabes
02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
hey there! welcome to the family! :keke:

Lots of stuff floating around, hopefully more soon. Lets see if I can actually manage to build something soon. I've been slacking lol

Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff. Do you have a favorite char, sculptor, or GK company?
Arieanna,

Favorites? Well, let's see...

I'm not really a big fan of any particular game or character group. I suppose I'm just an admirer of the anime style in general. I do like certain films and series like Cutey Honey, Appleseed, Vampire Hunter D, Blood: The Last Vampire and Bubblegum Crisis to name a few. I do have a growing fascination with Japanese culture in general and continue to try new things.

Traditionally, my modeling interests consist of tech stuff, starships, NASA hardware, classic autos, etc. It's only in the past few years that I have crossed over into figures. I find its a good way to expand from my background in Figure Illustration & Portraiture into a new medium.

Right now I'm working on two or three other figures. (Kind of going back and forth, from one to another). I work better that way, I guess.

I do take breaks from the hobby to do other things, but right now I'm focusing on modeling. After all, Wonderfest is coming soon and I would like to take at least a couple of pieces.

How about yourself...What's your favorites?

Arieanna
02-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Im a Reflect fan as far as sculptors go. dont own any of his kits yet but someday I'll own a bunch lol

as far as animes, my fave series is Serial Experiments Lain. one off- Battle Angel Alita :wub: :wub: :wub: