PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tokyo.

Zen-Builder
02-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi.

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself.

Been building models for 30+yrs and started to get into Garage kits(Figure and Mecha) about 10yrs ago.
For the last few years I have not done much building due to other commitments but I am ready to go get cracking again and try to reduce the stash of unbuild kits.

I used to go to a lot of cons and hope to make it to the Summer Wonderfest this year.

At the moment I am undecided which of 3 kits will be my re-entry into the hobby.

I guess that's all.

Masa
02-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey Zen,
Welcome to the forum! Ah... time and commitments... the story of most of our lives really... but hey, remember its all about the fun and shouldn't become a chore. I'd like to get to a WF event soon myself, but I really don't want to stand in a concrete parking lot in Ariake during August heat :cry: Maybe the next winter WF ::thumb

Asmenoth
02-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the forums. Don't worry...you can find/make the time to build. Hopefully the Wife and I will be heading your way for the winter WF in 2009.

:D

Arieanna
02-22-2007, 12:29 AM
welcome Zen!

hope you can make some time for some buildups soon. look forward to seeing what 30+ years of modeling can do. ;)

Monkeywiz
02-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Welcome, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of whichever kit it is you do decide to start with :D

Zen-Builder
02-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

Just want to say that I am a slow-builder and need to finish 2 Diorama prior to getting cracking on a figure kit.

Also don't expect a superb result from me, my interests are too varied to become good in any genre. I builds models mostly for myself and for the fun of it.

FilmMkr
02-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Welcome to GKJ! I had the pleasure of visiting Tokyo last August for WF Summer 2006, and I cannot wait to get back!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/FilmMkr/Personal/Filmy-WF.jpg

Joa
02-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I builds models mostly for myself and for the fun of it.

As do we all ... :robot:

Welcome, and don't be shy .. we sure as heck are not ;)

Zen-Builder
02-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Maybe you guys and gals can help me decide on which kit I should start.

Choices are:
1/6 Intron Depot 2 Blades - 'Shiho Nadeshiko' 2040 by Alpha/Vice
1/8 Girls Tech Skin - Water-003 by Kaiyodo
1/8 Mito & Maile Suit by Amie-grand
1/6 Dying Rei in Entry-Plug by unknown(Event Only kit)

Sorry don't have pics of the items at the moment. Let me know which one you would like to see finished.
Might enter the finished kit into the competition if it turns out ok, would have more confidence with a mecha kit though.

Joa
02-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Let's see... :hmm:
Well, if you don't plan on building the Rei kit, I for one am interested in it! :drool: The face isn't all that great (imo) but that is easily resculptable and the kit would match my setup in the livingroom:
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/3/vagg_thumb.jpg (http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/3/vagg.jpg)

Other than that, the Nadeshiko kit is quite the piece of art (well, duh .. it's based on one ;) ) and I'd defenetly go for that one.

Dr.H
02-23-2007, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the forum Zen-Builder. :)

piccoro
02-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Welcome.

Rei in entry plug is interesting. I thought I knew every EVA kit out there. I dont know that one.

Zen-Builder
02-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Rei in entry plug is interesting. I thought I knew every EVA kit out there. I dont know that one.

AFAIK, thee were 2 kits released that depict Rei in the Entry-Plug:
1.) Dying Rei
2.) Rei in the entry-plug and Shinji leaning in to check on her - Kotobukiya(limited to 300 Kits)

HTH.

telemarq
02-23-2007, 06:39 PM
AFAIK, thee were 2 kits released that depict Rei in the Entry-Plug:
1.) Dying Rei
2.) Rei in the entry-plug and Shinji leaning in to check on her - Kotobukiya(limited to 300 Kits)

HTH.
Welcome also.

I will visit Tokyo again in April, and the Rei/Shinji plug kit is one I will try to find. There were many places I did not get to look because I was with a tour group the first time. This trip is for me. I'm not getting my hopes too high of finding it, though.

MidZ
02-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Welcome Zen_builder!

I would LOVE to see the dying eva build up!
Wish I could travel to Japan.... sigh

Joa
02-24-2007, 04:13 AM

Actually .. it was made by Musashiya :p

Zen-Builder
02-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Actually .. it was made by Musashiya :p

You are right. Old age is getting to me.