PDA

View Full Version : Flash Game

Monkeywiz
03-27-2007, 06:25 PM
I've not done anything model related for a little while now (last thing was clean up a few casts I'd made of a small penguin model I made, and send them off to a couple of people who are going to paint them for me) but I have made a demo flash game. Whilst it's not great I'm kind of pleased with it as I only spent a few days on it, and comments or crits (or high scores) would be appreciated.

http://www.monkeywiz.com/game.html

Zen-Builder
03-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Not a bad little game.

Still enjoying "spank the monkey" over here. Can't get up to a decent speed also my wrist action is up to no good. :P

Try it yourself:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/spankthemonkey.php

Masa
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Nice - very smooth for something done so quickly. Gotta love the flash technology ::thumb Did it take long to make the models? It would be cool if you had to maneuver through a changing canyon as well as fighting the enemy ships/bases. If you flesh it out a bit more, you'd have something awesome :)

First game I ever made was a car racing game. It was written in BASIC after we found a collision detector memory location in the teacher's manual for our TRS-80. Ah... good times... :D

Monkeywiz
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks guys,

Masa, the 3d models only took a few hours for the lot, they're pretty undetailed low poly models with very simple textures as I knew I wouldn't need any close-ups.

I did try to add in some elements to dodge into the game too (the platform the turrets sit on were going to have collision detection on too, and I was going to do some larger/differently shaped ones too but in the end I ran out of time.

I may re-visit it at some time to add extra enemies and then maybe some sections like you suggested where the canyon shifts from side to side too and you have to follow it accross, and perhaps have an 'unending' section like this and maybe some set level sections too with predictable enemy 'waves' and a boss fights.

You still got a working copy of your first game that will run on any basic emulators?

Masa
03-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a plan ::thumb

You still got a working copy of your first game that will run on any basic emulators?

LOL - sorry, it was stored on magnetic tape (How's that for being a dinosaur :hehe: ) and it turned to powder a long, long time ago :sweat:

It wasn't anything special, although I do wish I still had a copy for sentimental reasons :cry: I might have stuck with it, but I flunked computer science due to my "non-adherance to structured programming" :p