View Full Version : I don't quite follow this Japanese -> English translation

04-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I tried using the translator, but it didn't make much sense:

The towel has run out completely [ a transparent part tag ] from a fold....

So what does the above Japanese really mean?

04-06-2007, 09:00 PM
It says that the towel is clear resin. The tag on the kit bag has come off. Everything is there, but if you are a nit-pickey collector of "new-in-mint-box" "never been exposed to air, hermetically sealed" kits... then do not bid on this auction ;)

04-06-2007, 09:08 PM
To the ever helpful Masa:

I thank you for your help.

I guess this means that people who buy kits only to try to resell them at twice the actual price will have a tougher time succeeding. Cool.

04-14-2007, 04:24 PM
「花右京メイド隊」のマリエルの1/6ガレージキットです。ワンフェスで鹿鳴館から発売されていた物で、ま ったく手を付けていません。

Woah, did I just bid on a broken kit?

まったく手を付けていません = The hand is not attached at all?

04-14-2007, 10:46 PM
The kit hasn't been touched at all.

04-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Knew I could count on you, Masa.::thumb

Thanks alot.

05-06-2007, 12:38 PM

I just can't make out the meaning of this e-mail. Can somebody help me out?

05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
If you can't send the exact amount, he'll include the change in the package, or at least that's what it looks like.

05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
:) Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

05-09-2007, 04:13 AM

Totally went overboard on Yahoo auctions. Sent an e-mail asking him for an extension (This is the 8th day after the auction), and I feel pretty bad about it.:hmm:

What is his reply? I know the first line means something like "Well then, when is payment going to come?", but the rest is very sketchy.

05-09-2007, 04:46 AM
Basically wants to know when you will pay and if your intentions are for real.
Actually he is quiet peeved at the moment, understandably.

IMO, not a good thing as your current behaviour will decide if he sells overseas in the future or not.

05-09-2007, 04:55 AM

Totally. I don't want to be the cause for him to never sell overseas again, especially after seeing how few YJA sellers there are willing to do that these days. He's been very helpful too, which just makes me feel extra terrible.

Well, I'm going to try to ask for a one month extension, but I'm not very hopeful at this point...

P.S. So all that last bit that I couldn't translate was basically asking me whether I will really pay or not?

05-09-2007, 05:03 AM
My guess is that he will relist and tell you to go and take a hike.
That's what I would do. ;)

05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
I'll keep you updated.;) Thanks for your help.

You know, deep down I wish he would. I really don't have the cash to spare at the moment (Wasn't exactly thinking when I saw all those new kits). But he's been so courteous and helpful I just don't have the heart to actually not pay if he's not willing to re-list.

I'm waiting for his reply now.

05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Behaviour like that not only reflects badly on overseas buyers but also affects us guys on a local level.

There are already many dealers at the events that refuse to sell to non-japanese as they reckon we are buying the kits for recasts.

Sorry, it gets me steamed.

05-09-2007, 05:19 AM
No, I totally understand. It's already a hassle selling to oversea buyers, and it really doesn't help if they can't pay for it or want a one month extension. Don't want to sound like a broken record here, but I am very regretful to say the least.

I would've tried to solve this problem on my own, but the Japanese was getting way too tough for me to guess. Can't afford to piss off the seller even more.

05-09-2007, 08:55 PM
:bow: Phew, he a-oked the extension, but the payment method has switched over to registered letter for sending money.

Is that like putting cash in an envelope and getting an arrival confirmation from the post office?

05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
To wrap things up, I will need your help again.:bow:

Can somebody translate for me? Please?

05-20-2007, 06:47 AM
One question .. why don't you just go through SMJ, Rinkya or any other 3rd party auction agency as their fees actually covers things like these translations etc and so forth?

05-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I will most likely be doing that next time, as this has turned out to be quite the hassle.

I thought I'd save money by only bidding on sellers who will ship overseas.

06-19-2007, 03:40 AM
Long overdue update:

All the items are safely in my hands now. Woot!:rockon: :guitar:

The Mizuho kit is humongous, to say the least. It makes the rest of my kits seem inadequate (Even the Berserker kit).:)

Woah, I just noticed: He sent me the shower version instead of the black lingerie version advertised on YJA. Super sweet. I like that version way better.

Thanks again for everyone's help with the translation process.