PDA

View Full Version : WHF After-Report.

Zen-Builder
05-05-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi all.

Just got back from WHF all sweaty and tired, weather was hot today.

We got to Ariake at 08:30 and started queueing up, quiet a few people waiting already. Waiting area was the roof of the West annex(no shade), but luckily we had a good breeze.

At 11:00 we got let to the WHF entrance and by 11:10 were into the show. ::yikes

For me the show was quiet a disappointment, low attendance figures made it easy to get around and see everything.
About 70% of the show was 2nd-hand stuff and toys/plastic models.

What was available in resin kits turned out to be mostly Pinki's and stuff that didn't really grab me.
Looks like the size of the average kit has shrunk to 1/8~1/10 and the prices gone up. Some Pinki were selling for 8.000Yen upwards.

Managed to snag one kit of a japanese shrine-maiden(looking like it) firing a bow for 7.000Yen in 1/7 scale. Clean cast and good detail.

My Friend managed to snag another archer from Monster Hunter 2 for 15.000Yen, very nice kit and mostly pressure cast, an SD kit from same manufacturer and a T-Systems Kit.

Actually T'Systems were still having plenty of stock and no crowd at 12:30, very unusual.
Only found a few stalls that were sold out by 12:00, most still had plenty of stock.

Most of the big names where missing from the show, and they crowd didn't seem to be in their usual buying mood.
Most active was a stall selling Gunpla at 40~50% reduction.

Companies like Vispro and Cerberus Project had a small selection, IMO.
Didn't see the Reflect table though.

Planned on taking a lot of prictures, bought two films.
But struggled to find anything worthwhile to take a snap-shot off.

So like most other people we confined ourselves to taking reference pics of the kits we bought.

We actually left the show prior to 13:00.

I will post pics when I get them from my friend.

BTW, here is hoping that Summer WF will be better, but so far my hopes are low.

Zen-Builder
05-05-2007, 06:04 AM
IMO, the next WHF will also be boring as it will be held just prior to Summer WF.
So we will see a lot of previews that are only licenced for WF.

Planning to attend Summer WF, but will depend on weather as I am NOT fond of spending a few hours in line in 30+temps and close 100% humidity.

Seen quiet a few people drop and been taken away by ambulances on previous occasions.

Dr.H
05-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Wow that sounds disappointing.. So was this show just a fluke or is it a sign of what to expect of the future? Looks like we have to put most our hopes in WF still. Do they still have Jaf-Con?

Masa
05-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow that sounds disappointing.. So was this show just a fluke or is it a sign of what to expect of the future? Looks like we have to put most our hopes in WF still. Do they still have Jaf-Con?

Doc - Chara-Hobby = JafCon + C3 ::thumb
p.s. It was in the TPS reports :D

Zen - sorry to hear that you didn't find the show to your liking. With all the crowds away on Golden Week vacation... sounds like my kinda show ;) I would probably have been at the same dealer tables as your friend, as we seem to have the same penchant for Monster Hunter 2 and T's Systems kits ::thumb

Thanks for the detailed report and I look forward to seeing the pics!

serogane
05-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, at least you didn't have to wade through a sea of people.

A sea of people that stink, no less (Hearsay).

Anyways, I would've killed to go. Less people means more chances of finding rare kits.

Zen-Builder
05-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok.

Got the pics and uploaded them, unfortunately they didn't quiet come out as expected.

Here is a link to the Photoalbum(WARNING: 2 pics show nudity):
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/Zen-Builder/WHF2007/

Not sure if it was only this WHF that was slow or if it has become the norm.

MidZ
05-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the upload Zen!

The miko kit is cool, really looking forward to see how you build this one up :)

Well, Vispo is still boobylicious. Is the elf from cerberus? nice bod, rather nasty face sculpt though (or is it the light?)

Zen-Builder
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
The miko kit is cool, really looking forward to see how you build this one up :)

Same here, kit is very cleanly cast in 2 types of resin. You have to make your own arrows though(feathers are supplied) and a few other parts supplied from the spares box.

Well, Vispo is still boobylicious. Is the elf from cerberus? nice bod, rather nasty face sculpt though (or is it the light?)

Not sure where it is from, yeah, the face is off.

Decided to go the next WHF and pick up the other archer in the album.