PDA

View Full Version : Translation Help

Monkeywiz
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Now I'm beginning to get somewhere with my neglected ninja girl sculpt (I am honestly, just very slowly :P ) I'm starting to think of ideas for a base, and have decided as I'm from the UK and she is loosely based on Psylocke that I'd call her "English Ninja" and have it written in Japanese Kanji on the base.

All I've gotten so far is English Ninja - Shinobi Eigo - 忍者 英語, but as this is only from what I can glean from wikipedia and my very limited knowledge (I did a year of conversational Japanese evening classes a few years back, but we only got as far as Romaji and just touched on Hirigana ) I'm well aware this could be completely wrong and could use some advice on where to get a godd translation from, or if anyone here would know what it should be?

Masa
07-12-2007, 03:22 AM
I think you want it to be called Eikoku Ninja http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/8/eikoku.jpg

Eigo means "English language" and Eikoku means English (as in from England).

Monkeywiz
07-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Thanks Masa,

The only terms for English/England I could remember were Eigo and Igirisu. Anyone out there that can help with the Kanji for Eikoku, and know if I should be using Ninja or Shinobi and the correct Kanji there?

Masa
07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
I replaced the kanji (it wasn't showing up for some reason) with an image. If you reload the page it should show up.

Monkeywiz
07-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Thanks again Masa, you're a star.