View Full Version : Oh God, why? Why did it end 6 days early? (1/6 Volk X-Brand Escalayer Hell Kite Ver.)

07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

1:00 am this morning

Finally, after a few months of searching on YJA, this kit shows up, factory sealed no less.

Starting price was 18000 yen (Original price 12000 yen). Eh, it's all good.

There was one bid already though (Not so good). No doubt it was somebody like me who had his/her eyes on this item for days.

I foresaw a bid out war 6 days down the road. I prepared myself mentally for the potential hit to my wallet and made a mental note to bid during the last 10 mins.

I went to sleep.

10:30 am this morning

Auction ended at 18000 yen. The seller decided to end the auction 6 days early for whatever reason.

I don't quite have the words to express my present grief, but Darth Vader comes to mind:

07-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I had that happen recently :(. Arienna found an auction for 1/4 Volks Queen Serenity that I desired and I had planned to get up early to snipe the auction.I ended up oversleeping and very dissappointed:( .

I might be able to help you out because I have this kit:) . If your interested send me a pm.

07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah. I've definitely been there. It's hard when the auction ends at 4 in the morning, because you don't know whether to stay up or go to sleep really really early.

PM sent.

07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Nightengale... say... you wouldn't happen to have two of those kits would you? I feel your pain Sero but, it would seem you may have a happy ending after all!

07-26-2007, 11:27 PM
For sure, taggor. For sure.:D

07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Nightengale... say... you wouldn't happen to have two of those kits would you? I feel your pain Sero but, it would seem you may have a happy ending after all!

Unfortunately, I only had one kit :(.It's very possible to find this kit for retail price or cheaper. I will keep my eyes open on yahoo and let you know see it again;)

07-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks nightengale!

08-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Damn you, Canada Customs!:squint:

Had to pay 14.30 for the importing fees.

Other than that, I'm quite satisfied. The item arrived in good time, and packaging was excellent. The parts all look great (I thought there was some fault with the soldier's gun, but I checked into it and it turns out that it's supposed to be bent. *Phew*).

Almost missed the brass wire since it's so small and insignificant.;)

But I do have some minor gripes:

It doesn't come with a parts manual: I know the don't-ask, don't-tell policy, but it would've been nice to know beforehand.

The declared value of the item: I know the declared value of $100 US isn't far off from the actual price of the item that you charged (99.85US), but I did request that you mark the item as a gift (Which you did) and declare a lower value. I know it's kind of my fault for not giving you an actual value to declare, but I didn't expect you to declare a value that's the same if not higher than the actual price.

Did you declare the higher value for insurance purposes? I know insurance covers the item only up to the declared value, so...:unsure:

08-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I just notice I forgot the parts manual. I'll mail it to you ASAP. I wasn't sure about how much to insure the package for because wasn't giving a total so i just insured it for $100 and marked it as a "gift' just to be safe. i didn't think they charge that much for import fees though so I'll take care of that too:) .

08-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Thank you very much for the thought, but I really couldn't accept (It wouldn't be right). It's Canadian Custom's fault for being such an ass to importers, not yours. Hell, I know for a fact that the States doesn't charge import fees on toys and such, so I don't see why Canada's being so miserly about it.

You declared 100US for insurance purposes, and that's all I wanted to know.

It would be much appreciated if you could send me the manual though. She's got so many pieces of hair that the idea of assembling her is freaking me out.

(Sorry for the late reply. Just got back from seeing the fireworks (China tonight) with some friends.)

08-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Hi nightengale,

Should I be expecting the manual?:gotmail: :unsure:

09-17-2007, 11:29 PM

Finally got a chance to go to UPS to pick up the manual.

nightengale is a top-notch seller. Just because she accidentally spilled some tea on my manual (Which is a little stained but totally fine to read), she refunded me 20 dollars. On top of that, she made a photocopy (Which doesn't carry the stain anymore).

But I'm not finished: She even sent the manual express, which is like another 22 dollars out of her own pocket. :o

What can I say? I am highly impressed.

Thank you very much.:bow: