View Full Version : My intro

07-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Where to start hmmmm lets see I first got into painting figures when I was about 10 years old ( 31 now lol) how I got the bug was when had moved to a new house that had some one that collected Ral Partha minis. I had found one that was lost in the corner on my closet. It was a mini of a ninja. Long story short I got some paints and painted it, yes, it looked like crap, haha, but it was a masterpiece to me. After that I bought them by the hand full from my local hobby shop. After I got bored with them I went to car, airplane and ship plastic models up until I was 26, stuff came up and had to stop for awhile (pretty much got bored with the same'ol stuff) Last summer I got the modeling bug again but didn’t want to minis or cars again so I started looking online and what did I find? A forum full of people like me I was hooked into the world of Anime figures instantly.

Since then I’ve found that the companies I like the most for originals is Volks and Kotobukiya and all the other small GK companies (or solo persons)

Thank you for taking the time that you took to read this, and I look forward to seeing all of your works of art and showing you mine!

as a side note I go by the name Millerak at hobbyfanatics

07-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome Chev!
Thanks for telling us how you got the GK bug ;) I think the need for something different in our hobby's and boredom probably got alot of us into this hobby. When you see the models and meet the people that build them it makes it something fun you can share together. One big thanks to the Internet for that lol.

07-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome aboard =)

07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Gald to meet you Chev. Actually I think GK's are just another marketing ploy in an attemt to satiate one's lust after a particular series (Hahaha!). It sure got me! Seriously though, I am a "newbie" too and I think you'll find a LOT of help and fun here. Can't wait to see your work... Enter the contest if you have one done!

07-28-2007, 11:33 AM
welcome aboard! :D

07-28-2007, 01:35 PM

07-28-2007, 05:21 PM