View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome Dan Perez!

07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
This forum may not have a gazillion members, but believe me when I tell you that the quality of the membership here is Top Shelf! Not only do we have such respected modelers as Cody Kwok, RedRage, Joa, and Masa (to name just a few), we have been joined by the world-famous Dan Perez!

Dan is well-known in the garage kit world, and his Sculpting and Casting Tutorials (http://www.danperezstudios.com/workshop.htm) are widely regarded as the de-facto informative How-Tos on the web. I have had to privilege to visit Dan's studio in person, and let me tell you that his sculpts are even better in person! (And he's a great guy, to boot!)

Please join me in welcoming Dan Perez to our little corner of the interweb. :welcome:

07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome Dan :)

07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi Dan, great to have you here!

07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Welcome to GKJ Dan!!

07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I remember the name from the old mailing list days. Yeah, he's famous, but so is the Houston IPMS chapter which has (gasp) sci-fi and figure models :D

Glad to have you aboard Dan ::thumb

07-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Dan was gracious enough to invite me to join the Houston Figure Modelers, one of the oldest and best-tenured figure modeling clubs in the country. Its membership includes really famous national modelers like Tom Seiler - who, along with former HFM member and Forbidden Zone owner Mike Allen created the awesome Power Loader (http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/news.htm) - Gabrial Marquez, Tim Jester, Nicholas Tung, and many more!

If you haven't gone yet, check out Dan's website - it is full of tutorials and how-to's!

08-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Hello Dan

have fun ^^

greets misuki

08-04-2007, 01:40 AM
Welcome Dan.

10-06-2007, 10:21 PM
I had the pleasure to attend a clinic that Dan taught at the Houston IPMS show a few years ago and was completely blown away by his skills: I learned a lot. He’s a super talented sculptor and a nice guy to boot.

Welcome to the forum Dan!