View Full Version : WF Summer 2007 report(sorta)

08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
First of all an apology for anyone expecting an in depth report with tons of pictures. Not this time round.

As many know I was running a table at this show, so I got there early and was stuck mostly behind the table answering questions.
I helped a friend out from casting kits to boxing them, etc.

Ok, first we got there early around 08:30 and had to walk past the cos-players getting changed into costumes(lots of eye-candy) to enter the site.

Next was setting up the table, we had 3 kits for sale this time round. It is kinda crowded behind the table between the chairs and the boxes at your feet.

10:00 comes and the dealer dash starts, great fun to watch.
Most of the day was spend answering questions(same ones) and waiting for new customers(kinda boring). But I have run tables at various shows for the last 20yrs so I knew what I was letting myself in for.

Apart from a quick lunch-break to hit the combini outside and post a few messages via a lap-top we were stuck behind the table(no toilet break either).

Come 14:30 we still had more kits left than we wanted so we started reducing prices, by 16:00 we were sold out. Which left me with one hour to look for kits for myself.

Mostly hit the 2nd-hand stores as I was on a grail kit hunt due to the limited time. Scored a few too(mostly Silent Moebius and Crusher Joe kits). Never met it to the other side of the convention centre either to see the rest of the dealers. FYI, they were split 3 halls and 2 halls.

Come 17:00 and the show was over and it was time to start packing up, overall takings were not so good as we needed to reduce prices.
Takings bassically only cover the after-party and materials for new projects.

At 19:00 we met up with a few other dealers/sculptors for the after-party, great fun.
One of the guys took us to his studio and showed us his setup and upcoming projects.
Managed to get home by 06:00am on Monday.

Upcoming events are Comiket(Fri~Sun) and C3xHobby(Sat~Sun).

08-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Sounds like a busy day! Congradulations on the grail scores!!.Even if you wasn't able to get around the show alot, sounds like you were able to make some friends and see some old ones. Always a good thing.

08-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Sounds like fun! especially the studio tour you got after the party...
but this doesn't satisfy what most of us need...
P I C S, Zen... we need some!

08-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Scroll down and there's link to to WF pics:)

08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I check all the WF links earlier and there really was no need for pics. The best figures were mostly PVC :mad: . Even C.project's Lineage human figure will become a PVC instead of being a kit:mad: .Extremely dissapointing for us figure modelers but at least this time around I don't have to spend a ton of money on auctions:lol:

08-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Sounds like a cool experience Zen ;).

Has anyone seen any really great new kits out this year or how prevalent pvc was at this wf?