View Full Version : Sigh, what should I do? Somebody gypped me on YHJ...

09-09-2007, 03:32 AM
I bought the Kobra-Kai Shiranui Mai kit back in May, but trouble is, she still hasn't sent the item.

Even worse, she won't reply to my e-mails anymore either.

This is what happened:

1. I sent her a money order (Draft)
2. She said the bank rejected it because she used her daughter's name on YHJ (Which is the name I used on the draft), and that she'll have to open another account for her daughter to deposit the money (Who's 3 years old).
3. She told me to wait a bit, as the process of opening a new account takes a month??
4. I said fine, I will wait. I figured that sometimes money orders (Drafts) take a while for banks to verify.
5. 3 months later, and 6 e-mails later, no reply whatsoever. No item either.
6. I took the money order receipt to the bank today, and the bank lady told me that to track the money order would take another couple of months at least, and that it won't guarantee a refund if she's already deposited the money.

So angry at myself right now. :(

Any suggestions?

I get the feeling I'm always dumping all my problems on you guys. :p

For that I apologize.

09-09-2007, 03:42 AM
Suggestions? Only one solid tip; Always use 3rd party services when dealing with YJA being abroad, even if the seller states *ships internationally*.

09-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Ain't that the truth.

09-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Personally, I never had problems with Postal Money Orders, except Australia.
Not sure if Canadian ones are accepted here though.

09-10-2007, 01:27 AM
You don't need to apologize for anything. I remember a while back an SMJ user bid and won an auction for a kit, when they open the kit box it was full of trading figures. Let's hope that this seller wasn't able to cash the money order and you are able to get your money back. like Joa said, always use deputy service so you'll have some protection and better chance of get getting your money refund in a situtation like this.

09-10-2007, 08:20 AM
Hmm, I heard that most deputy services won't be held liable for misinterpreted auctions on your/the seller's part. Part of their policy or something.

I guess it is a lot of work for them if it wasn't the case.

09-10-2007, 11:10 AM

I have had many transactions (too many) that went bad and have lost lots of money and items in the process. As with any auction system (eBay, Yahoo Japan, Bidders, etc.) you should always be wary. There are lots of honest people out there, and a few that are not. Of course, the best solution for you in the future would be to utilize an established proxy bidding company. There really isn't anything you can do about it now since so much time has elapsed already. I checked the sellers record, and even though they have your auction ending in May, the last feedback she had was from late March, and the beginning of April. No other auctions since then. The fact that the seller was using her daughter's name to conduct auctions is kinda suspicious in itself. A bank account does not take a month to open, it takes about an hour. Sending a money order is only half a step up from sending cash wrapped in newspaper. Consider this a lesson learned the hard way.

09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Thank you Masa. I had the feeling the money was lost forever, but I wanted to hear it from someone who knows what he's talking about.