View Full Version : Hello!

09-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi! I've been "lurking" in this forum some days and i've decided to join. :lol:
I've joined because i want to know more about GK and i've never touched one in my life but i want to.
I'm 18 years old and i love anime, manga, games, cats, the world and peace! And i love to collect stuff i like, stuff like figures. I have some in my collection now but i want more.
And because there are a lot of figures that i want in my collection that are not available in painted version i decided to try GK.
I've told my friends about this and they stared at me like i was saying junky stuff that will never happen and they told me that it was just a waste of time and the only thing that i would achieve would be a dirty wall and an empty wallet.
But i won't know until i try right???? :cry:

So from now on expect to see some stupid questions from me :p
(This forum has an Help Section right???)

09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Welcome Syaoran! You will find some useful information here.

09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi Syaoran and welcome to GKJ!!

I started in this hobby by collecting PVC kits and seeing tons of really cool kits that were only available in resin so I decided to give it a try and really liked it. In fact I liked it so much I never bought another PVC again. Well I did buy the two Evangelon Motor Riders but that's because of their squishy boobs lol.

A decently built garage kit will almost always look better than a prepaint. Some of the new PVC prepaints are done very well but you will like the kits you made better ;).

Feel free to ask anything. You can find a lot of useful information in the "Tutorial" section and you can ask any kit related questions in the "Garage Kits" section.

09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Thank you! And im sorry for the duplication posts >_<

09-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you! And im sorry for the duplication posts >_<

Don't worry no one saw the duplicate ;) .

09-24-2007, 07:46 PM
But yes, i quite agree with you Dr. H i think that if we put our effort and on our work and have patience with the GK (i've never done one but from what i already saw, they take a lot of hard work) the final outcome can be better prepaint one.
That's why i want to try! I already have some in my mind! But first i will go to the tutorial section for some information about airbrush and stuff.

09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the hobby! :keke:

09-25-2007, 01:24 AM