PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

Dr.H
09-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Ok so tonight is the Halo 3 release.

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/h3_teaser_1280.jpg

I'm kind of in the middle when it comes to games, I don't do multi player online games and would never wait in line for any game lol I'm a patient person.
I've always been a pc gamer at heart and just got into FPS games in the last few years.
I will admit I bought the first xbox just to play Halo but this was a while after its release. I really liked the game and it changed my mind about console shooters.
When Halo 2 came out I had friends raving about it for ages but it was probably close to a year after release before I bought it.. mistake on my part since the game was awesome!.
Since then I've enjoyed Gears Of War and if you have a 360 also try BioShock ::thumb . I would have gotten BioShock for pc but it was prone to bugs..

Onto Halo 3. The reviews in so far put Halo 3 as one of the best fps games made so far, so... I did something I only ever did for NWN2 I preordered Halo 3.
It seems that there are 3 versions of Halo 3:

Standard Edition: $59.99
This is the complete third installment of the legendary epic.

Limited Edition: $69.99
The Limited Edition ships in a sleek metal collector's case. In addition to the game, the Limited Edition includes the "Bestiarum," a hardcover guide to the game's species, civilizations, and cultures. The bonus disc includes Bungie's high-definition home theater calibration tool; "Art Attack" with concept, production art, an exclusive Dashboard theme, and gamer pics; a Halo-themed minigame; and a variety of short films on a wide range of subjects.

Legendary Edition: $129.99
Individually numbered and available while supplies last, the Legendary Edition includes a copy of Halo 3 in a collectible Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet case, as well as an exclusive collection of storyboard art and the same bonus disc included with the Limited Edition. You'll also get the Legendary Edition disc, including remastered, high-res versions of the Halo and Halo 2 cinematics; an expanded digital "Bestiarum" guide to the creatures and cultures of Halo 3; The Cortana Chronicles; and exclusive machinima episodes.

I'm not usually fan of "goodies" editions. They may come with neat limited "collectible" extras but does anyone watch the extra discs more than once if that? and the helmet that comes in the Legendary edition may look cool for a month but I'll bet it doesn't look nearly as cool in a 1/2 year.
The art and production info of the limited edition aren't tempting to me either but I'll admit the minigame does sound temping and the clincher for me was the home theater calibration disc ;) these discs are usually $30 by themselves and I read that the one bungie tossed in was actually really good and makes a noticeable difference on High Def tv's.
So I tossed in the extra $10 for the limited edition and I'm hoping it doesn't come to scratched up...:dry:

If anyone else plans to give Halo 3 a try let me know. Since I ordered mine I probably won't see it till Friday. Lol at least I don't have to be worried about going to work dead tired the next day ;) .

Also check out this awesome model diorama they had made for a Halo TV add (Thanks for the heads up on this Joa) http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/believe/

xDiscoStu
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
I got the ring of death last week! :cry:

I have to wait who knows how long for a replacement... sigh

At least they're not making me pay for repairs. The unexpected extention of expired warranty was handy!

So here's to you Halo 3. Half of your platform's installed user base may never see your debut.

Dr.H
09-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Damn you ring red ring of death!! Man I'm sorry Stu :( I hope I'm lucky and never have that problem.. though we just got our 360 last spring so who knows. I've heard of people being on their 3rd or 4th 360! This is really bad for a really great system.
I hope you get you 360 back soon and have some Halo 3 fun ;).

WarpCore
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Spent part of the afternoon yesterday over at a friends house playing Halo 3 online, we played some of the pvp maps and also started a campaign mode. *Note* You get a but kicken on Legendary setting with only 3 players. I was very impressed with the game. I have to admit :bow: :bow: Halo 3 :bow: :bow: Fighting was good, graphics was spectacular. Action *Yeah, Baby!* The map mode reminded me alot of a game I enjoyed alot called *Tribes* so I definatly will be getting one of these babies (xbox 360). I will be going online when I do. (Have a passion for pvp). so I wont be able to help myself.
I also enjoyed the story line what bit I saw of it. I am looking forward to loading up a masterchief and laying waste to mine enemies: Hopefully a tad more than they lay waste to me;)

Dr.H
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Well my Halo 3 Limited Edition came in the mail today ::thumb.
I get home and best buy shipped it in a soft bubble package...:dry:

Looks ok so far:
http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/Halo3LE1.jpg

Oh.. that's a nice dent on the bottom of the tin.. :squint:

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/Halo3LE2.jpg

I was hoping to luck out but no. Both discs are loose in the case and scratched :dry:..

http://www.gkjapan.com/gallery/files/1/Halo3LE3.jpg

I heard this was happening to almost everyone who bought a limited edition of the game due to faulty plastic nubs holding the discs. I've also read about people with dented cases.
Microsoft has agreed to replace scratched disks but you have to send yours to them and wait a couple of weeks for the return if your lucky..
Since my running disc wasn't scratched to much and the bonus disc has almost no scratches I think I'll just live with the dents and scratches unless I have a problem with the game running. I bought the LE version for the bonus disc not the crappy "made in China" metal tin case anyway :p.

I'll see how it runs and give my thoughts later tonight after I try it out.. if I can break myself away from it for a few min lol ;).