PDA

View Full Version : Cutie Honey Live Action Series

FilmMkr
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Clicky! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=71TniyK2qsM)

Dr.H
10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I know people have been waiting for this series to come out ;). I'm looking forward to reading some reviews on it.

Masa
10-07-2007, 06:57 AM
My brief review :ninja:

Live tv manga/anime adaptations are really hit and miss (more often miss) and this one was no exception. I was really looking forward to this series - unfortunately the first episode was so bad I will probably never watch another :sweat: If all you are looking for is a grown-up version of those sentai ranger shows that all the kids watch (minus a budget, minus a script, minus humor, and minus talent) you might enjoy this, but for me, this was really painful to watch. Yes, there is a bit of T&A tease action going, but not enough to cover the bad acting and idiotic dialogue.

The character of Honey is played by Mikie Hara who isn't bad looking, but she is no Eriko Sato (who played Honey in the live action movie). The majority of the first episode followed the sub characters so long that half the show is over before Honey even makes an appearance. The action scenes are really weak, and the numerous attempts to be funny made me wince in pain. Granted, the creators of the show intended this to be tongue-in-cheek bubble gum pop entertainment, but for too many reasons I was totally unentertained. :shakeshead:

xDiscoStu
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
So, we can extrapolate from Masa's review a numeric or symbolic function (for those of us in the Western world subjected to a public education system: a thumbs up or star/number system) signifying his opinion:
So, by 1-6 described below:

1: Good

2: BAD (as in good)

3: anti-Good (good in spite of no intention or effort to be good to begin with)

4: Bad

5: Gawd Awful <-- **Masa on Cutie Honey (Live Acton TV)**

6: "Oh God please help me, I could feel my life wasting away while I watched that."

Keeping it from falling to 6: T&A...
after all, like ice cream or Jell-O, everything's better with boobies.

Zen-Builder
10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
What I saw of it was BAAAD.
Tranformation and fight scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHV5ReTsGko&NR=1

I also checked out Danny Choo's site for extra feedback, he has some videos of her previous work up.