PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Dread...

Kippei
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Have you been modeling to a point that suddenly you feel like :mad: and frustrated and thinking of giving up this hobby. I do but after seeing people works, I drools and hope right back in again.

Masa
10-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Everyone has slumps. Give yourself a little vacation, come back to it when you are fresh and motivated again :)

No sense doing it if you aren't having fun ::thumb

nightengale5385
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
That idea has crossed my mind many many times but when I think about how much money I invested into this hobby it's not worth it. I would take Masa's advice and take a break for a bit or just start on a another figure.

secretasianman
11-01-2007, 02:29 AM
For me it's not the amount invested, it is the people here in this community. (even though I was a major bum in the last year)

Sometimes it's time management, sometimes you may commit enough time and effort into your last project that you feel like you're forcing yourself on the next kit. My last couple attempts at figures were discouraging enough to make me give up for a while.

Sometimes you need a break and sometimes you may feel uninspired. And then there are times the bench may seem blase` on some days....

secretasianman
11-01-2007, 02:29 AM
...but there are times when the feeling comes back...

secretasianman
11-01-2007, 02:31 AM
... and you still churn out something that amazes even yourself.

don't give up!

KrokoHunter
11-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Kippei ...... you're not alone with that feeling.

I've had my share of builders-block ... one was a period of almost 3 years ... partly due to builders-block, and partly due to living in a very small apartment with 2 cats, which ment that I had to clean my buildingdesk every night.

Cats + glue + kitparts = disaster