PDA

View Full Version : Halo to one and all!

Konoko77
01-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Happy new year to all those out there! I'm new as expected and really REALLy don't know much about modelling.To start off, don't got an airbrush but hope to get one after working and lots of the members here got some mad skills with their hands. So i hope to learn as much as i can from you guys!Oh yeah and masa is your profile pic's model, custom made or a garage kit?

Dr.H
01-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Welcome Konoko77
Happy new year to you too :).
A lot of builders start off testing the waters by hand brushing. It gives you time to learn the basics before investing a larger sum of money into things. Feel free to join in on any topic and ask questions.

Masa
01-05-2008, 03:30 AM
:welcome:

The image is just something I found while digging through my old graphic files. I have no idea where I got it, sorry :sweat:

Arieanna
01-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself :keke:

Konoko77
01-06-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks for the warm greetings!Man, masa that figure looks cool, but you just scooped up from somewhere. Could you keep me updated if you know where it's from or perhaps a web if you got a clue, thanks man!

AOJ
01-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Hi Konoko, nice to meet you! :)

As Dr.H. said, the best is to start with paint brush painting. You won't acquire the same high level finish that you got using airbrush, but it's not so easy and cheap as you may think to airbrush (damn masking!). With hand brush and patience, you can do really good paint jobs ::thumb

And very important: Don't get disappointed if your first kit does not turn as good as you might thought. It's important to practice, fail and try again :D