PDA

View Full Version : Current anime you are watching.

Pages : [1] 2

Dr.H
05-04-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm trying to get back into anime shows as of lately. The last show I watched was the Koharu Biyori OVA http://www.koharubiyori.net/ it was your typical cute funny maid robot fanservice :wub: .

Now I'm just starting to watch ToLOVERU http://www.j-toloveru.com/ so far it seems your typical cute funny space girl love triangle romance fanservice lol those who know me know I rarely stray from what I like :hehe: .

Masa
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm watching a few things besides reruns of Gurren Lagan. No... really I am :p

Nabari No O (http://www.nabari.tv/index0.html) - a really cool twist to the modern day ninja story.

Soul Eater (http://www.souleater.tv/) - another funny and cool story about demonic weapons that have both a human and weapon forms and the Weapon Masters who wield them.

and still my favorite for now
D.Gray-Man (http://www.dgray-man.com/) - what can you say, it's been running forever and with good reason. Great artwork, great characters, great story, great music. Even with my personal gripes about the show stretching out the events over months at a time... it still rocks like nothing else out there::thumb

serogane
05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I have a few series that I downloaded and plan on watching:

- Denno Coil: Watched 10 episodes and sort of gave up. It's basically the future, and the internet has involved into this huge virtual world which overlaps the present world, and these kids get into a bunch of mischief and stuff.

- Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai: Sequel that's supposed to resolve the conflicts in the first series, but I'm not sure what to expect at this point. Basically it's about a bunch of little normal girls turning psychotic and killing people, over and over.

- Paprika: Won some award. I like this producer's previous works like Tokyo Godfathers and a couple of others.

Goriyaku
05-17-2008, 01:21 AM
:hehe: I'm watching Tokyo Mew Mew, and Mermaid Melody atm. Same theme, different characters, catchy songs, transformations, magical powers.. Hrmm it's Sailor Moon Underwater and With animal trasformations instead of Planets hrmmm........:hmm: I need to branch out a bit :rolleyes:

I've recently enjoyed an Appleseed movie that was on (Briareos is hawt)Watched Ghost in the Shell (same writer as appleseed me thinks). I like Princess Mononke too (I want to sculpt one of the tree spirits) And I love love love Avatar though I don't think that really Anime. (Will have to sculpt Toph one of these days) ::thumb

Dr.H
05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell are both works by Masamune Shirow. You should check out some of his art books, I have a few including his Intron Depot series. He is one of the top in the anime field hands down.

Goriyaku
05-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Thanks Dr.H I'll search that!

taggor
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, although I have been away from models for some time. I still can't live without anime. I have been watching Solty Rei which is OK for now. I cant say that I would reccomend it at this time. I caught Appleseed EX-MACHINA... I don't think you could ever go wrong there but, I sure it's not for everybody. I would like to watch Gasaraki but, haven't been able to put up the cash for it yet. Anybody have any reccomendations that they feel are absolute MUST SEE's?

Masa
06-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Taggor, if you liked the cgi-anime Appleseed movie, you might like this one (http://www.vexille.jp/). I haven't watched it yet, but I saw some scenes playing at the video store and it looks pretty cool ::thumb

telemarq
06-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Nothing new. I did finish Gantz a month or two ago. Meh. A few good moments a few interesting characters.

I see the original Ghost in the Shell Movie is going to be re-shown in Japan. Since that was the very first anime I ever watched, I'd like to see if its any better as 2.0. Hope it comes to DVD.

http://fanpotai.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/gits-v2/
http://sky.crawlers.jp/news/koukaku-ver2.html

Dr.H
06-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Hmm I wonder if they are redoing the Ghost in the Shell or just replaying it?

I bought Gantz when it came out here. It was a slightly different anime so it was good for that and well produced.

Masa
06-22-2008, 01:38 PM
They re-did some of the digital effects in some cgi scenes, but most of the improvements were in the audio. 6.1 channel surround sound final mixed by Skywalker Sound.

Gantz the manga rocks hard... Gantz the animation was meh :mellow:

telemarq
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Finished Ninja Nonsense: The Legend of Shinobu last night. Actually watched the whole series in one sitting. Totally absurd, ecchi and hilarious! Very surreal in a Rocky and Bullwinkle kind of way.

If you decide to watch this, leave your brains somewhere else and just enjoy! Definitely what I would call a "guilty pleasure."

KrokoHunter
08-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm watching Ikkitousen at the moment ... and loving it (exploding clothes .. what's not to like ;-) ) .. I hope to get through season 1 and 2 (Dragon Destiny) pretty quick, so I can catch up with the new season 3!

KrokoHunter
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Tonight I watched the final episode og Ikkitousen - Dragon Destiny (season 2) .. and the first 4 episodes of Ikkitousen - Great Guardians (season 3) ....

And I love Great Guardians .... it looks like I'll see a lot of Chou'un .. and I just love her.

and Kan'u with romantic feelings ..... what a twist :D

Dr.H
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I've only seen the first dvd of Ikkitousen.. um and the Dragon Destony special :sweat:.

I'm watching Sekirei right now.

Masa
09-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Same as Doc - I'm watching Sekirei right now (doesn't have as much eye candy as Ikkitousen... but makes up for it with the most gravity defying cleavage of the century) ::thumb

All the new shows should be starting next month. I gave up trying to keep up with a lot of new anime due to time constraints this year. Some that made the cut...

Birdy The Mighty (this one was almost a goner... but I picked Birdy over Slayers Reborn)

Golgo 13 - the most badass dude on the planet.

Nabari No Ou - still a sucker for a fun, modern day ninja story.

World Destruction - watch it for the teddy bear warrior alone :)

Soul Eater - Black Star, Death the Kid... cracks me up to no end :lol:

D-Grayman - Allen's got the Crown Clown gear now - and kicking major demon butt ::thumb

Dr.H
10-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Not new but I just bought the dvd set of Desert Punk LOL funniest anime I've seen in a while that was still good ;). Kinda wierd ending but thats how it goes..

Cibermonje
10-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Well ... for now im watching Hokuto no Ken (the large series , not the OAVs) and Soul Eater ( "mmmm ... Blaaaair ... :P"). Sadly I dont have much time to spend on watch anime now :S

Talking of animes ... what anime is your avatar from, Doc ? ... i have a pair of reasons for being interested in xD ...

Altiryoko
10-17-2008, 02:06 PM
For now I'm watching Yakitate Japan, Seto no hanayome, Hayate the Combat Butler and Soul Eater

telemarq
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I was on vacation in Indianapolis and bored so I picked up Appleseed Ex Machina from a Half Price Bookstore. Its just average, the CG character designs being its best feature. Check out Hitomi. No better or worse than the first Appleseed movie, but its like a John Woo action movie since he was the producer.

You know you're otaku when you search out anime on vacation! :rolleyes:

Dr.H
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I added Ex Machina to my Blu-Ray collection a few months ago. Decent movie, not mind blowing but looks really good in 1080p.

Shintocowboy
10-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Lately I've been catching what Kara No Kyoukai I can get, needless to say I only have the first 3 dvds and want to watch the other 2, but they come out in the next few months on dvd. No word yet from UFOTable when the last 2 films will be released.

MidZ
11-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm watching Sugoi yo, Masaru-san! right now.
I just love wacky gag anime!

lettuceapple
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm watching Rosario to Vampire Capu 2 now. Pretty ecchi ~~

taggor
11-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Well since relocating to the south west I have been trying to keep up with Hellsing: Ultimate. I am trying to finish up Gurren Lagann. I can't say I am really into it. Really I am enjoying The Five Star Stories manga and have finished it up to vol. 26. I am wondering when ToysPress will finish traslating the rest of the books to English?

telemarq
12-19-2008, 08:55 AM
I just finished two, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Ramen Fighter Miki. TGWLTT is an excellent movie. Great story and nice animation. The only thing that kept me from giving this a perfect score was the fact the background animation was so beautiful (CG probably?) and the characters were rendered like traditional cell type. Still, I highly recommend it.

RFM is one of those anime series where you just enjoy it for what it is: nonsensical FUN!

serogane
12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
The Girl Who Leapt through Time is quite fantastic, I concur.

DOJO
12-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Last exile was interesting as it got a MaK/SF3D feel to it.
didn't like Appleseed much.
loved Black Lagoon

secretasianman
12-21-2008, 11:51 AM
First of all, props to Dr H & Masa, love what you've done with the place.

and to contribute to the thread, I've escaped the hold of cliche "real-robot" shows (Gundam, Eva, Eureka Seven, etc) and explored other genres

Super Robot

Gunbuster & Diebuster - saw them on blu-ray, couldn't resist. I can't believe I've never watched these before
Gurren Lagann - I know I look like a super slowpoke but had a blind spot for super robot shows as mentioned earlier

Romance/Slice of life

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (Kiminozo) - Known in the US as "Rumbling Hearts" I picked it up on a whim (and as a GK person like the rest of us I fell in love with the characters long before I even knew the name of the series) I was both moved and saddened by the ending but will not dispute this series sits far atop the drama heap.
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien ~Next Season~ - In the spirit of basing an OVA on a game, an alternate path of the series was taken! Viewers who empathized for Suzumiya Haruka will not be disappointed!!!!!!!

secretasianman
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Recently I've been craving dramas. No super robots, no Gundams, no space aliens, no characters that change gender with a splash of water, no sleeper tuners, no cyborgs, no gods of death, no ninjas, no fight of the week, just... life.

The girl who leapt through time: It's an excellent work and I noticed there's quite a few cicadas to be heard in 5.1!

Kashimashi: the manga seemed better however interesting enough to watch through to the end ( I lied, there are aliens in this one)

Strawberry Panic: quite a treat despite being emotionally heavy and leaned on the trashy side at times. The series started out very, very cute and the emotional lows demolished the viewer substantially enough to make sure there were no arguments on the final outcome. While its romantic themes are not for everyone it's definitely a drama that touches the soul.

Unfortunately I've found no figures or kits for Strawberry Panic. Searching for surnames and series title yielded nary a result but if Anyone can locate either Aoi Nagisa or Hanazono Shizuma I would love to hear from you!!!!

telemarq
01-19-2009, 06:34 AM
The last I watched was a classic: Miyazaki's Porco Rosso. I always prefer watching with subtitles instead of dubbed, but this film is good both ways. I don't like the mindset that anime done in English with a big star doing the voice is the only way to get people to watch.

Shintocowboy
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Currently watching Hirurashi no naku koro ni season 1, English- When they cry. Kinda messed up show about murder with rather cute looking characters.

secretasianman
01-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I just finished watching Shuffle, another excellent drama. Something about a yandere with knives entertains me...:mellow:

I'm moving on to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni now....

Dr.H
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm currently watching Koihime Musou and Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo :)

secretasianman
01-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo :)

Me too!!!!! I am mysteriously drawn to this show and I still don't know what's going on!

So, have the Akiha figures hit the scultptors benches yet? :)

taggor
02-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I've been watching A Vision of Escaflowne and Bamboo Blade. Now that I have some time to get caught up with anime.

Tsunamidelta
02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Lets see.. what am I watching.. this is going to show I have too much time on my hands....

Akikan, Asu No Yoichi, Candy Boy, Clannad after story, Kannagi, Maria+Holic, Marimite season 4, Minami-ke Okaeri, Gundam 00 season 2, Munto, Regios, Shugo Chara Doki, Sora o kakeru Shoujo, Strike Witches, Toaru majutsu no Index, Toradora, White Album, Zettai Loli Children, Zettai Shogeki.

There are few others I'm following, only cause they're dvd releases and I'm archiving em... I'm pathetic.. what can I say.

Matt

Masa
02-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Between my impending relocation and family duties - my free time to watch anime has been severely reduced. I've had to make some drastic cuts this season to fit in a balance of viewable anime without filling up my TV hard disk recorder too much. The ones that made the cut this season.

Golgo 13
Tower of Druuaga (Season 2)
Birdy the Mighty (Season 2)
Soul Eater
Naruto

That's 2.5 hours a week and the most I can fit in my schedule right now... :cry:

secretasianman
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I like to watch when I exercise using two I episodes as a timer and watch another while I cool down. If it's real good, I'm hooked until the DVD starts showing english credits ^_^ also, there are off days ... days I could be sanding Rider, but sometimes, you just get hooked, you know? The sad part is I've been sick since the passing of my cat last week, and all I've had was time in front of the TV; no sanding to kick dust into my respiratory system, no exercise, just drinking lots of fluids while hiding under blankets in front of the boob tube.

Lately Funimation has impressed me with their properties (including legacy Geneon.) After Shuffle! and Rumbling Hearts (Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien) I decided to give more of their catalog a view:

When they Cry (aka Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) - This is actually a legacy product that was happily completed by Funimation when Geneon pulled out of the US DVD market.This is a thoroughly enjoyable horror series that seems to happen over and over... approximately 4 episodes at a time. This is both cute & bloody, and I am smitten with Rena and the Sonozaki twins ^_^

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - I should be ashamed to admit that I downloaded the rest of the series, but since the first season comprised mostly of "question" stories, I needed to get those questions answered. I'm hoping for an R1 release to fill the rest of my shelf now.

Beck - I *loved* this series. This show was rough around the edges, much like the music and makes for an excellent slice of life show. This actually made me dig the Strat out of storage and tune it. However I quickly learned that I'm still a drummer.

Suzuka - Still raiding the Funimation catalog. School life/romance & comedy. but I'm not going to sugar-coat it : it's a crack-addictive soap opera, and I have one DVD to go.

Gundam 00 Just finished airing on Sci-Fi - at least the first season has. For some reason I can't turn away from every re-incarnation of this franchise. Please don't judge me.

Masa
02-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Beck - I *loved* this series. This show was rough around the edges, much like the music and makes for an excellent slice of life show. This actually made me dig the Strat out of storage and tune it. However I quickly learned that I'm still a drummer.

LOL - I really enjoyed the animated series and fortunately I'm still a guitar player. I haven't been too successful in persuading my band members to play "Hit in the USA" yet... for that matter, they weren't too keen on "Sora Iro Days" either :rockon:

secretasianman
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
LOL - I really enjoyed the animated series and fortunately I'm still a guitar player. I haven't been too successful in persuading my band members to play "Hit in the USA" yet... for that matter, they weren't too keen on "Sora Iro Days" either :rockon:

*we* could always collaborate via webcam.... and do something like this: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpVWgs8YQk

of course I'll need drums. (US tax season is here!)

Video note: your ears may bleed if metal is not your thing, but you may start laughing when the video gets to 0:13 and if you don't recognize it at 0:31 you will SURELY get it at 1:23 :rockon:

taggor
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Well... I have been a bass player for some 18 yrs now and I went through some metal days but, I couldn't get the gist of the video. I guess I am just too old now. I know I should just give up and play the real music of Guitar Hero! Lol.

secretasianman
02-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Well... I have been a bass player for some 18 yrs now and I went through some metal days but, I couldn't get the gist of the video. I guess I am just too old now. I know I should just give up and play the real music of Guitar Hero! Lol.

It's the song from of the opening 'movie' featured in the Anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya." A TV show that semingly took the otaku world by storm. You may remember the "bunny rock" Haruhi figures sculpted by Bubba that capitvated the figure world a couple years ago.

The figure
http://www.otakudigest.com/blog/images/Items/bunny-haruhi-1.jpg

The in-show movie for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1EwmnzABIg

Masa
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
*we* could always collaborate via webcam.... and do something like this: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpVWgs8YQk

of course I'll need drums. (US tax season is here!)

Video note: your ears may bleed if metal is not your thing, but you may start laughing when the video gets to 0:13 and if you don't recognize it at 0:31 you will SURELY get it at 1:23 :rockon:

Hmm... that sounds like fun... I can double the guitar parts, but we'd still need a vocalist :p

secretasianman
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Hmm... that sounds like fun... I can double the guitar parts, but we'd still need a vocalist :p

Somehow no number of drinks bought could possibly produce a singer ... not out of either of us at least! :lol:

ANYWAYS back on topic:

I just finished watching Suzuka while sanding away at Rider's legs. I know, I know I've heard the arguments before: subs are better than dubs but with dubs I can get crap done! Though I will not argue that if skipping the dub means getting a R1 DVD sooner I'm all for it!

final verdict on Suzuka: Great drama: not as painful to watch as Rumblng Hearts but still comes close to demolishing the viewer. It starts out slow but if you survive past the first DVD you're in good shape. Plus: if you *ever* wanted a show to remind you what it's like to always be wrong no matter what you do in a relationship, this is definitely worth a watch! :lol: (seriously though it hit the mark in that category :mellow:)

Tsunamidelta
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Singing.. I don't do Squeeky.. Well sometimes I don't..

I'm a karaoke-ist.. at best.. at worst.. I'm dreadful.. depends on who ya ask ^_^

But if its Metal.. Who cares how someone sings right?

Matt

taggor
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for solving my mysetry secretasianman. I have not seen "Meloncholy" (guess that is why I didn't get it) not sure that I want too either but, maybe. I was glad to hear your review of Sazuka. I had seen the first couple episodes and wasn't too sure about that one either but, I think now I will check it out.

secretasianman
02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for solving my mysetry secretasianman. I have not seen "Meloncholy" (guess that is why I didn't get it) not sure that I want too either but, maybe. I was glad to hear your review of Sazuka. I had seen the first couple episodes and wasn't too sure about that one either but, I think now I will check it out.

"Melancholy" was unique by some definitions, however the video I posted doesn't come close to what the actual show is like ^_^ aside from the fluff and service... it's actually quite a bewildering show :)

taggor
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Well I enjoy shows with a little bewiderment... albeit from time to time. Heck I am still trying to figure out Evangelion and how old is that? To go off on a side tangent, I suppose that is why I like anime so much is that the stories tend to be very varied and can take you for a whole diffenrent "ride" than what you may have been thinking it was going to be.

Masa
02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Well I enjoy shows with a little bewiderment... albeit from time to time. Heck I am still trying to figure out Evangelion and how old is that? To go off on a side tangent, I suppose that is why I like anime so much is that the stories tend to be very varied and can take you for a whole diffenrent "ride" than what you may have been thinking it was going to be.

That's funny... I seem to be stuck on the same "ride" :p

They are very few and far in-between, but every once in a long while... something really nice comes around. These days, with the large corporations involved, it just becomes inevitable that good storytelling takes a back seat to marketability :shakeshead:

You see it a lot in sci-fi anime. The protagonist/antagonist is a young, whiny male who is forced to pilot a robot that was built by his father. Spend a lot of free time between robot battles with conflicts - Man versus Self, Man versus Man, Man versus Society, Man versus Supernatural, Man versus Machine/Technology.

Hmm... that sounds... familiar... :D

Maybe I'm just getting finicky in my old age :rolleyes:

secretasianman
02-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I prefer to enjoy the part of the 'ride' when the 'moment' takes over the viewer. Whether we're talking about the same thing is subject to opinion...

Do you remember tearing up during Simon's emotional speech made before defeating Guame in episode 11 of Gurren Lagann?

Do you remember when you discovered who "Nonoriri" was at the end of Diebuster?

Do you remember cheering for Takumi during Initial-D's first season?

Do you remember when Chiba returned to the stage, finally allowing Beck to perform at Greatful Sound?

I either shed tears, cheered or yelled at the screen. And those are the moments that make the show for me.

Masa
02-22-2009, 09:59 AM
I totally agree - and these moments are the "exceptions" that I was referring to ::thumb

secretasianman
02-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Back on topic: I marathonned "School Days" (12 eps) until 4 am since today was my day off.

Oh my god.

Oh.
My.
God.

OH MY GOD.

I have never seen a show involving an interpersonal relationship between 3 or more individuals deteriorate and self destruct like this one.

The ride leading up to (and including) the climax and conclusion.... is guaranteed to stir a reaction no matter who you are.

Tsunamidelta
02-26-2009, 04:24 PM
School Days is a truly screwed up show... I still shudder when I think about it.

::shudder:: freaky deaky....

Matt

nightengale5385
02-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I loved schools days. Great example on what can happen if play with fire, and Itou got seriously burned::rofl

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3468/3313218768_809fb5b032_o.jpg

secretasianman
02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Just so my reaction is clear, I didn't hate it, I OMG'd so hard because I loved it ^_^

Tsunamidelta
02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I enjoyed watching it.. and yeah that boy got burned... Most of the show I was going.. Boy this guy's a total moron, don't he know hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I just shudder cause, well.. wouldn't you?!

serogane
03-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Really liked Higurashi no Naku koro ni, but I have trouble starting ep 2 of Higurashi no Naku koro ni "Kai".

secretasianman
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Really liked Higurashi no Naku koro ni, but I have trouble starting ep 2 of Higurashi no Naku koro ni "Kai".

Hang in there, the answer arcs put a new spin on the question arcs in the first season and the final answer arc answers everything at length in the last 12 episodes :)

serogane
03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Well the problem I have with the show now is that the deaths don't really get to me anymore (especially when they try to use some gruesome death as a cliff hanger). Everyone's died so many times (in so many horrible ways) and come back to life so many times I've simply lost my curiosity. A bit dragged on, if you will.

The stark contrast between "happy schools days" vs "kid bashing his classmates to death with a baseball bat and then clawing his own throat out" was what intrigued me in the first place.

secretasianman
03-01-2009, 10:03 PM
It moves on from smaller, individual skirmish murders to conspiracy-level mystery. If you just want things explained, skip to the final arc. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like "Kai" has much else to offer you.

serogane
03-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh cool, thanks for the information.

But I'm sure I'll get around to watching it even though it's been sitting on my desktop for the past few months (because I can't bring myself to delete it). Not really the show's fault per say, it's just that I've downloaded less than 5 anime series in the last 6 months.

I'll grind my way through in 1-2 episode chunks (my anime marathon days are long gone).

secretasianman
03-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh cool, thanks for the information.

But I'm sure I'll get around to watching it even though it's been sitting on my desktop for the past few months (because I can't bring myself to delete it). Not really the show's fault per say, it's just that I've downloaded less than 5 anime series in the last 6 months.

I'll grind my way through in 1-2 episode chunks (my anime marathon days are long gone).

I've had a similar conversation with my brother, and we all seem to undergo cycles represented by an urge to consume that comes and goes. Currently I'm on an entertainment high but you could also consider it "catching up." I'm sure when summer comes I'll be out back spraying fumes while the TV will go back to being dark for days on end ^_^

secretasianman
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Diebuster was beautiful in Blu-ray, however the condensed movie felt a tad incomplete.

$100 later (over $30 a disc, 2 episodes a disc, 3 discs,) I have discoverer a livelier, indisputably more moe-moe OVA which warms the heart while entertaining the mind.

KrokoHunter
03-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Well, I'm not really watching any anime's at the moment. However my latest won Grailkit (can't wait to receive her), is really inspiring me to rewatch all 3 seasons of Ikkitousen, although Chou'un isn't part of season 1.

I also rewatch Porco Rosso from time to time ... simply because I love it.

Apart from that, not much anime in my life at the moment :D ... I bought a collectors box of "Steamboy" agess ago, but still haven't watched it.

telemarq
03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
I also rewatch Porco Rosso from time to time ... simply because I love it.

Same here. I watched it again last Sunday night.

Masa
03-17-2009, 11:30 AM
That's nice to hear - I just watched it again a few weeks ago ::thumb

secretasianman
03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
After a series of marathons, I haven't been watching much lately. However of recent viewing, I've seen the School Days OVA "Magical heart kokoro chan" and Higurashi no naku koro ni REI

"Magical heart kokoro chan" was tongue in cheek magical girl, featuring Kotonoha's little sister Kokoro. the show was nothing extraordinary but the visuals in the end had me rolling on the floor.

The first episode of Higurashi no naku koro ni REI was a light hearted service episode. What better excuse for fan-service than to take everyone to the water park? (The Rena 'nosebleed' scene was also particularly cute) Here's hoping the knives and killing return later this month with the second release.

Anime aside, X-Japan CDs is back in heavy rotation now that I have more than two speakers and and no shared walls. Something about Hide and Pata's coordinated leads and solos played over Yoshi's kick drum beating 16th's and 8ths in double time makes me want more. If you're interested in a cheap domestic source, Blue blood and Jealousy are available on iTunes as well as I.V. which has some parts previously recorded by the late Hide. If you're willing to pay import prices, Dahlia, Art of Life and The Last Live are must haves.

Masa
03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Blue Blood is still my favorite album ::thumb

Masa
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
For the Porco Rosso fans... here is another Model Kasten Savoia 1/48 resin kit on YJA :happy:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w36405754

KrokoHunter
03-18-2009, 03:42 AM
For the Porco Rosso fans... here is another Model Kasten Savoia 1/48 resin kit on YJA :happy:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w36405754

I've just ordered the FineMolds edition for my little webshop (gonna built it myself one day though) :D

I've had both the early version, rebuilt version and the Curtiss in 1/48 from FineMolds, and they are WELTklasse

Dr.H
03-19-2009, 02:08 AM
Queens Blade the Anime is coming out! I think that will be on the top of my watch list this season so far.

David_Chiu
03-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Will Queens Blade be an OAV or TV show?

secretasianman
03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
I finished Gurren Lagann for the third time in a row. (Watched the Sci-fi broadcast, borrowed the subtitled R1's and now own all volumes of the dubbed R1s) Impossibly it has not gotten old.

Everyone should own a copy for inspiration. :)

Tsunamidelta
03-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I've been meaning to watch that show.

But I'm just Strike Witches Season Two has been announced WOohooo!!

Loli-pantsu for the win!

secretasianman
04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Finished Magical girl lyrical Nanoha and Nanoha A's - On the surface it appears to be a magicical girl show but somehow it played out like a super robot show instead.

Now I can't stop looking at Nanoha and Fate kits. ... must ... have...

Tsunamidelta
04-09-2009, 09:03 PM

I think they've created a monster... Call in the brute Squad!

nightengale5385
04-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Finished Magical girl lyrical Nanoha and Nanoha A's - On the surface it appears to be a magicical girl show but somehow it played out like a super robot show instead.

Livedom has the best Nanoha kits but they are too expensive. You lucky if you can get one for under 30,000 yen:cry:. He's also the one who sculpted nanoha pvc's for Alter(excluding Vita and Signum).

secretasianman
04-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Livedom has the best Nanoha kits but they are too expensive. You lucky if you can get one for under 30,000 yen:cry:. He's also the one who sculpted nanoha pvc's for Alter(excluding Vita and Signum).

Yup, found a Hayate on Y!J. HOLEY MOLEY 50,000 YEN!

Personally I'd rather have Fate with Bardiche in the Zanbar mode ... and the bigger the better :D

secretasianman
04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I just finished Nanoha StrikerS.

Before going in, I read some previews placing it behind the Lyrical Girl Nanoha and Nanoha A's and wondered if it was any good since it wasn't licensed for US release. I had lowered expectations in the beginning and was underwhelmed with the new characters.

Final verdict: I was thoroughly moved: the characters, their personal struggles, the evolving tech, the surprising display of power, and victory through the use of indestructible force - wait a minute I thought this was a magical girl show! No, it only looked that way, but it was so much more, and awesome too.

I consider this to be a staple, and will probably never see another show like this ever again.

secretasianman
04-28-2009, 08:15 PM
There's not much to do while battling a respiratory infection, since I'm pretty sure I'm sure evaporating solvents, sanding dust and vaporized paints would be counterproductive to any recovery. This is day 5 I haven't been able to sleep for more than two hours at a time thanks to all the coughing.

So, I'm gonna kick back and marathon Kanon since the Amazon preorder arrived in the mail today, then it's one week until Clannad collection 2 :)

Tsunamidelta
04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear about ya being sick Secret.. Marathon Kanon.. that sounds painful.. to say the least.. Clannad definate good.. Clannad after story.. be prepared to cry buckets of tears. thats all I gots to say on that.

Lets see what am I watching now..

K-on . This show is uber cute.
Tears to Tiara
Queen's blade.. What guy who is straight doesn't need lots of boobs?
Valkyria chronicles.. Loving this show, need a kit of the Alicia for sure ^_^

Asura Cryin has been prett decent too.. Giant robots and cute ghosts worth a watch

secretasianman
04-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about ya being sick Secret.. Marathon Kanon.. that sounds painful.. to say the least.. Clannad definate good.. Clannad after story.. be prepared to cry buckets of tears. thats all I gots to say on that.

Kanon marathon... painful? Is it bad? is it tragic? I'll take that for what it's worth (no spoilers!)

I mainly picked it up because it's listed as a recommendation for those who liked Kiminozo on myanimelist.net. Uppers, downers, victories, tragedies... whatever, I'm in it for the ride.

Besides, after watching Gurren Lagann and Nanoha StrikerS I need a change of pace away from that "crowning moment of awesome" or the next awesome thing, might not feel so awesome... moderation, ya know?

Shintocowboy
04-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Tears to Tiara

That got made into an anime? Which version? The original or the "new" version if the game that recently came out?

nightengale5385
04-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Get well soon! Having a respiratory infection during allery season is a bad combination:squint:

Current anime I'm watching:

Sengoku Basara - so far my fav
K-on- Mio:wub:
Fullmetal Alchemist

Tsunamidelta
04-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Kanon marathon... painful? Is it bad? is it tragic? I'll take that for what it's worth (no spoilers!)

Not bad at all!.. I personally love Kanon, but its painful. You'll just have to watch it, and find out. and if you already did your marathon. Well then you'll probably understand a bit where I'm coming from. I like Bishoujo shows. and the game was really good too.

And as far as Tears to Tiara.. I don't know which game version it took from.. so I can't answer that. So far its pretty good actually. I'm enjoying it.. Its not stupendous by any means. but not crap either. Just a decent watch.

secretasianman
04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Painful?

Cool, I'll brace for the ride. Kiminozo was particularly painful and the sequel OVA also managed to crush the viewer. I tried watching it again and just watching the train wreck *develop* was pretty painful.

I tried starting Kanon a few months ago but the dub failed to hold my attention (and the DVDs were out of print) Now that I've got the set I'm watching it subtitles and it's much, MUCH better.

So far I've only covered the first 4 episodes, just exposition so far.

Shintocowboy
04-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks like Tears is using the new graphics. That's fine, but I prefer the original for some reason.

Tsunamidelta
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Okay, so Tears is using the new graphics.. I like the show, so.. I'll keep watching.

Yeah, I saw the Kiminozo OVA.. and it didn't hold my attention very well.. too much a train wreck too quickly for me. but I really wasn't a fan of the first series though, so is probably why.

Kanon, is a great show.. I just can't watch it too many tmes.. One of those shows you have to wait a while before reindulging..

Gunbuster is that way in a sense. I can only watch Gunbuster maybe once every five years.. mostly cause I just don't wanna cry that much. Gunbuster is probably the only show I've harden, die hard resolute Otaku.. break down and weep over.

secretasianman
05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
.... aaaaand a disc here, a disc there. I'm done Kanon.

After watching how the first, third and final story arcs reach fruition I can understand why marathonning this series from beginning to end can be pretty heavy.

It certainly wasn't full emotional demolition but DAMN it came close. :stretcher:

In other news, just as I finished, Amazon sent me a shipment notice for the Clannad DVD collection 2 I preordered (episodes 13-24) How cool is that!?!?!?

Tsunamidelta
05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Pretty dang sweet dude!

I warned ya! Now Clannad.. Won't beat ya up.. After story will though.

I have the show on my hard drive, if you want.. I can figure out how to torrent it.. Or you can wait till Eclipse (fansubber) gets their server back up an running they'll be posting a batch torrent soon.

secretasianman
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm shifting gears for a bit while eagerly waiting for my copy of Clannad DVD set 2 to arrive.

Having seen Beck and with K-On! present;y airing, I decided to check out "Detroit Metal City"- both the TV show and the live-action movie.

At 12 13-minute episodes, it was a quick viewing and a funny one at that. Is the devil a wimp or is the wimp the devil? The live action movie happily answers that question and also flows with a bit more continuity. It's not necessarily for everyone but was good for a laugh.

...ok, I admit it, I thought it was awesome.

Tsunamidelta
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Not a bad idea, shifting gears I mean.. stay on emotional too long.. ya'll end up a goth or worse.. Growing Oppai.

Though, could give you a whole nother reason not to go to work.. ^_^

Haven't seen any Detriot Metal City.. saw it on the boards.. saw Detroit.. remember last time I had to drive in detroit.. through one of the better ghettos.. I passed

secretasianman
05-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Clannad DVD set 2 arrived today,

BUT, while waiting for it to arrive I got halfway through Rideback. So rather than abandon it halfway I decided to finish instead, and am glad I did.

The show fills some widely used tropes and cliches : a lost protege, a mysterious bond with a machine, and a shady military contract, but that did not prevent it from being exceptionally entertaining. Not since I first encountered Appleseed in the 80s was my attention stolen by mecha and every scene with Rin on a Rideback poured awe into the viewer like a time-stopping crescendo.

*goes off to check prices on EBO's Rideback kits*

Dr.H
05-06-2009, 07:30 AM
I certainly have my fill of fanservice this season with the To Love Ru OVA and Queens Blade. Queens Blade is almost over the top and makes Ikkitousen look mild.

Tsunamidelta
05-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I certainly have my fill of fanservice this season with the To Love Ru OVA and Queens Blade. Queens Blade is almost over the top and makes Ikkitousen look mild.

Hate to say I agree with you on that.. Ikkitousen was a fanservice heavy show.. but Queen's blade puts it to shame, absolute shame.. though the Ikkitousen ovas were pretty fanservice heavy.

ToLoveRu OVA is great, the first ova is down right great I thought

secretasianman
05-09-2009, 08:42 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaand Clannad is complete. No other logical course of action except start Clannad:After Story now. (plus I can't wait for the DVD's... Kyou chapter!)

Tsunamidelta
05-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah I wanna see the Kyou story arc as well. Kyou is probably one of my fav girls from Clannad.

If I had a PSP japanese version.. I could pay the game I have it sitting on my shelf..

And I have a PS2 version floating around somewhere

Masa
05-10-2009, 08:49 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaand Clannad is complete. No other logical course of action except start Clannad:After Story now.

After Story - no spoilers, but make sure you have about two boxes of Kleenex ready :cry:

secretasianman
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Guess I need to buy more then, already used one at the end of the Kotomi arc :cry:

Tsunamidelta
05-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah ya might wanna buy more then.. cause.. ya going to need em

Shintocowboy
05-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I just marathoned Tsukihime last night. I can't believe I have never seen that one before.
I have both gained and lost some respect for Nasu Kinoko; he's a genius, but all his stories seem to be the same, but who am I to argue? Thats the same thing Shakespeare did.

secretasianman
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
The avatar may have made it obvious but presently I'm following K-on! and couldn't resist the urge to share this picture found floating on the internet.

Somehow I feel we're all no different when presented with our own vices....

http://www.tellyourfriends.org/cake.gif

secretasianman
07-07-2009, 10:21 PM
And as of last week, K-on finished.... didn't have that spectacular finale and denouement as Beck.. but it was still cute ^^ I just hope the tv execs don't overdo the moe.. there's quite a lot out there now.

Presently I'm watching Haruhi "Season 2" which is actually a chronological interleaving of new episodes into the first series. The first episode was mentally stimulating... and the last three have felt identical even though there is a purpose. I'm just grateful there's no dancing in the ending credits this time

Dr.H
07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
I was enjoying Queen's Blade until I get ready to download the last epp and find some crappy company called BayTSP is using crawlers to gather torrent IPs so they can send out DMCA ( Digital Millennium Copyright Act) Cease and Desist letters to your IPS..
There is a warning on the AnimeSuki site about it though I'm not sure how effected Queens Blade is. What sucks is I only download current legal non-licensed anime but they are sending letters out the them too??

I haven't gotten one but it does make you a bit nervous. It sucks that the main source of pirated media is also the only source for watching legal anime tv series.
Some of these shows will never be licensed outside of Japan and they will never add English subtitles to the Japanese versions so add that to the fact we can't get those tv stations means we are suppose to be left out of tons of good shows??

Masa
07-16-2009, 05:33 AM
4 episodes! Freaking time loop! I hate you Haruhi! Hate, hate, hate :notagain:

secretasianman
07-16-2009, 09:16 AM
LOL! Looks like you've caught up! Now... what will episode 5 bring? After being trolled for a month they better have something good!

nightengale5385
07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
WTF is wrong with KyoAni? If they're trying to save on a production budget, that's the wrong way to do it. What makes it worse was fans waiting years for season 2:why:. I'm so glad I decided not watch that crap, I'll enjoy Bakemonogatari instead(thx Masa ).

secretasianman
07-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm about to watch the 5th episode in the "Endless Eight" story arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Does the title mean Endless "August" because August is the eighth month of the year... or are there eight episodes in this arc? We'll find out eventually.

secretasianman
07-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm about to watch the 5th episode in the "Endless Eight" story arc of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Does the title mean Endless "August" because August is the eighth month of the year... or are there eight episodes in this arc? We'll find out eventually.

Done watching.
:blowup:::banghead:crash:

Chev
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
I lost all hope for Haruhi after the 2nd endless eight ep. I am now watching Princess Lover!, CANAAN, Bakemonogatari and Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Shintocowboy
07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
yes...i'm watching "bakemonogatari" (i love the fact that the english names i have seen are "Ghostory", a perfect translation since bakemono means monster/ghost and monogatari means story= nisioisin made the two words into one for this title)

Tsunamidelta
07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Wathing all of em.. pretty much
I'm a torrent whore

Tsunamidelta
07-26-2009, 10:42 PM
So.. yeah.. Haruhi season 2.. Episode.. 7..

Someone please.. Please.. For the love of god!! PLEASE shoot someone at Kyoani.. this crap is totally out of control.

Shintocowboy
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
That thing is still going on I take it?

Masa
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm about ready to call it quits - I've seen so many loop episodes... I feel like I'M stuck in the loop. :omg:

Kumama
07-27-2009, 12:28 PM
As they say... Endless Eight is endless.

secretasianman
08-04-2009, 08:28 PM
This video correctly expresses the reception top "Endless eight:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2b0RHArCg

In other news, I too am watching Bakemonogatari after Masa's mention. Senjougahara is my angel and although I almost lost interest in episode 4, episode 5 made up for it with a worthy payoff. Even though there is't as much crazy, cold, bipolar yandere psycho love as I want there to be, it's a quality co-dynamic so far.

Tsunamidelta
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM
You know Secret.. does that mean everything goes better with nazi's?! I think thats the wrong message ^^;

but I agree.. Kyoani needs to be dealt with.. in a very.. Nasty fashion.

Bakemonogatari is quite the good show , but Canaan is getting fairly interesting too.. YOu should give that a watch

Masa
08-05-2009, 03:02 AM
I just fast forward. The whole thing is over in less than 2 minutes. No pain, no gain, no trauma :evillaugh:

Bakemonogatari - Academy award for best use of a stapler since "Office Space".

Shintocowboy
08-05-2009, 11:53 PM
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/22/kyoani-responds-to-endless-eight-fiasco/

Very painless way to watch Haruhi...5 episodes at the same tome

Tsunamidelta
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
YEAH!!!!! Its over! The looping is finally over!!! No more Endless Eight!!!

Dr.H
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Hmm I'm currently watching Princess Lover, To Love_RU OVA and Fight Ippatsu! Juuden_Chan!! though the constant hitting with the baseball bat is starting to freak me out. I'm happy Queens Blade brought some life back into the recent anime and it seems like others will be following suit again :inlove:

Princess Lover
http://japangeeks.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jg-princess-lover.jpg

To Love_RU OVA
http://japangeeks.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jg-to-love-ru.jpg

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden_Chan!!
http://thewashitsu.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fight-ippatsu-juuden-chan-series-header.jpg

Masa
08-11-2009, 10:38 PM
YEAH!!!!! Its over! The looping is finally over!!! No more Endless Eight!!!

Did you see the preview for next week? It's called "Never-Ending Nine"... :notagain:

Just kidding :evillaugh:

Shintocowboy
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
:omg: . . .Masa. . .

Deikin
08-12-2009, 04:48 AM
To Love_RU OVA
Is this any good? Also mind giving me a quick description of the premise please?

At the moment, I'm watching:

- Paprika
- Tokyo Godfathers
- Perfect Blue
- Millennium Actress
- Paranoia Agent
- Ikkitousen - Great Guardians

Dr.H
08-12-2009, 07:40 AM
It's ok if not a bit corky lol. The daughter of the ruler of the universe who is from a demon planet runs away to earth and she pops into this high school guys bath when he is taking one. He acidently grabs her boobs and that is actually how people get engaged on her planet lol. So now she lives with him even though he is in love with another girl from school. It's basicly all about their adventures. She always invents stuff that never works right and he never gets to tell the girl he loves the truth as she begins to love him because he is engaged to the demon girl.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5625

Deikin
08-12-2009, 08:49 AM
...obviously, lol.

Sounds like (highly unoriginal) guilty pleasure. I may have to sample a few episodes.

Dr.H
08-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Lol yeah I have simple tastes for anime. A happy or romantic plot with plenty of pointless fanservice and I'm happy as a clam.

I do like the occasional ninja or sci-fi but I tend to enjoy them a bit more with a little bounce added. :innocence:

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden_Chan!! has a bit more of an original plot where girls from a parellel earth have the job of viewing us and checking the level of depression we have. They grade it from "F" Happy to "A" you could die from heart failure, then wearing plug suit and using these big electrical plugs they zap you to make you happy again. Their armband make them invisable and able to fly and go through anything except this one guy who can still see and touch them for some reason they don't know. Well whenever he gets mad at them he hits them with a baseball bat and they kinda like it... that's the part that I could do without. In typical stye though everyone is falling in love with the tough/sensitive/dumbass guy lol.

Tsunamidelta
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Did you see the preview for next week? It's called "Never-Ending Nine"... :notagain:

Just kidding :evillaugh:

Ya know.. there is a special place in hell for people like you, that say things like this.. I hope you realize the wrongness of what you've said, and will repent. :oy:

Oi....

Tsunamidelta
08-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Lol yeah I have simple tastes for anime. A happy or romantic plot with plenty of pointless fanservice and I'm happy as a clam.

I do like the occasional ninja or sci-fi but I tend to enjoy them a bit more with a little bounce added. :innocence:
Well whenever he gets mad at them he hits them with a baseball bat and they kinda like it... that's the part that I could do without. In typical stye though everyone is falling in love with the tough/sensitive/dumbass guy lol.

As do I.. Been watching some more complex shows like Kara no Kyoukai lately.. and though really very neat stuff. Give me my pointless fanservice! Give me my cute girls!!

Shintocowboy
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
^ Hmm...I think Shiki is kinda cute...when she's not with that knife of hers...

Dr.H
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
For those of you 90's anime fans or panty and leg fans (I'm more of a bouncy fan myself) AIKa is back for some ZERO OVA's
I believe she is 19 in this series http://www.aika-zero.com/

http://www.aika-zero.com/img/aikazero_01.jpg

Deikin
08-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Fight Ippatsu! Juuden_Chan!!
And does it have lots of fan service too? :blush:

KrokoHunter
08-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm just about to hit the couch the watch the first couple of episodes of Fate/ Stay Night ..... guess I was inspired by Secretasianmans awesome Rider buildup

Chev
08-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Kara no Kyoukai. enough said.

Shintocowboy
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Yay for Kara No Kyoukai! Yay for Nasu Kinoko! Yay for Type-Moon!

Dr.H
08-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Just started watching some older Soul Link episodes. Is it any good?

Shintocowboy
09-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Been watching the first season of [Spice and Wolf]. I'm on episode 6 and want to say it's Last Exile caliber.

Deikin
09-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Isn't it called 'Spice and Wolf'?

Anyway, is it good? I might give it a watch. Brief description of the style and themes please.

Shintocowboy
09-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Indeed it is, for some reason, I have dyslexia when it comes to that title. :P

A traveling merchant comes into contact with the wolf god of harvest and promises to take her to the forests of the north. On the journey, they deal with economics and conspiracies.

Tsunamidelta
09-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Its a cute show, a little slow when its all Greenspannish. but.. It has enough action, an comedy in it.. to keep it from degenerating into economics 101

telemarq
09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Isn't it called 'Spice and Wolf'?

Actually when you cut and paste 狼と香辛料 into a translator like nifty, it comes out Wolf and Spice. Google's translator is a little "fuzzier" and comes out Spice and Wolf. The first character 狼 is the kanji for wolf.

secretasianman
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Licensed! Finally after years of waiting! :inlove:

KERORO GUNSO!!!!!!

http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=2584

Episodes viewable online uninterrupted after a brief ad, $2 downloadable subs and dubbed DVDs available starting 9/22. WOOT!

Kumama
09-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Got my copy of the 1st box of Keroro DVDs last week (funi always ships early, sometimes over a month).

They did a nice job, even some of the dub voices are pretty good. Mostly I hate dubs though. Keroro's voice in english sounds so wrong. Nice job with the subs though. Definitely worth the wait :D I hope they're quick with the releases of the next boxes!

telemarq
09-23-2009, 06:33 AM
NHK ni Yōkoso! Yikes, I see way to much of Satou in myself.

I think I'll stay in my condo for the next month playing bishojo games. That's normal, right? :puzzled:

Shintocowboy
09-23-2009, 08:25 AM
NHK ni Yōkoso! Yikes, I see way to much of Satou in myself.

I think I'll stay in my condo for the next month playing bishojo games. That's normal, right? :puzzled:

If not, then we're all weird.:evillaugh:

Kumama
09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
It's interesting how much NHK changes between the first and second half. You'll have to let us know how you like the rest of it when you finish (I'm assuming of course that this is your first time watching it).

Tsunamidelta
09-23-2009, 10:16 AM
That show is good.. enjoy it.

secretasianman
10-05-2009, 09:54 PM
The current season doesn't seem to have as many enticing offerings as usual. I'm presently on the fence after seeing the first episodes of:

Seitokai no Ichizon - So far the backdrop of this show is student council with plenty of in-jokes & references. They even poked fun at themselves in the first scene. Here's hoping it doesn't resemble other "club" shows that recently came before it.

Kampfer - Such a guilty pleasure. My first impression is a mixture of Highlander and Ranma 1/2. I'm heavily on the fence and would have have already stopped watching if some of the voice staff didn't already include Nana Mizuki, Tamura Yukari and Yui Horie. We'll see.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - So far the most interesting of the three. And like the previous two, this show also features ... schoolgirls!? :notagain:

Masa
10-12-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm watching Full Metal Alchemist. And nothing else :crys:

Basquash - I gave up halfway through... as pretty as the background art was... the characters just don't have enough substance.

Haruhi is over. It was a lot of fun except for the endless eight. Since I never watched the original run, it was all new to me and having the series in chronological order was a plus.

Bakemonogatari ended - (Do not watch with children in the room lol.) This was the best show I watched this year. Not going to do any spoilers, but the ending was nothing like I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. Two big thumbs up.

I tried the new lineup of shows and not one of them is very appealing. A whole lot of school comedies that are pretty similar. Tegamibachi wasn't my cup of tea. Guin Saga seemed like it would be a cool, but after the first couple episodes, it will probably get deleted from my regular recording schedule. I'd still love to get my hands on the Takeya sculpted garage kit though :beautiful:

secretasianman
10-15-2009, 01:54 AM
I tried the new lineup of shows and not one of them is very appealing.

won't argue with that ^^ after a couple episodes each, here are my current thoughts :

Seitokai no Ichizon - The redhead is cute. the uniforms are cute. there's not much else to the show ;_; the more anime you've watched, the more aware you are of the gags they toss at you. It's a lot like watching Family Guy without the obvious segways into the silly bits.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - The first episode had promise but the second episode was stained with [failed] lecherous yuri antics. At this point Kuroko has cemented her character as a future sex offender which is ironic since she's a keeper of the peace.

Kampfer - Im checking my brain at the door & leaving it there. plus, the ending credits are made of win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1tGR1HKKoI

Zakenna
10-15-2009, 04:21 AM
heh I'm continuing Fullmetal Alchemist

the new shows I picked up and I'll most likely follow through with are Nyan Koi, Kobato and maybe Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
I'm really enjoying Kobato though it's cute but serious enough that I don't lose interest. I'm going to keep watching Railgun unless it starts to drag like episode 2 does but I doubt that since the manga was interesting enough. Same deal with Kampfer too except the whole manga speal.

Tsunamidelta
12-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Well this season is almost over.. There were a lot of shows that.. were the same as the shows before.

But, shows that stood out to me, now that the season is almost over.

White Album season two.. I know what your thinking.. Way too much drama.. and it is, but its a refreshing thing cause its not chock full of silly moe blobs doing typical moe blob things. This show actually had heart, and real emotion. Sure at times made ya wanna slit ya wrists up the road.. but.. eh.. nothing is perfect. but I honestly feel this is show is the super winner of this anime season.

Needless Yep.. Crazy, silly and just all around interesting entertainment. I really appreciated this show for just how inane it could be.. while still somehow having a plot.. that they made fun in the show half the time.

Kimi no Todoke I've been really enjoying this show, for its simplicity and lack of excessive moe blob-ness. Its just a simple love story. can't be too bad for that.

There are other shows that I've been following.. but these three really stood out to me.

WarpCore
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I have been watching Gun Sword, I got hooked watching it a few weeks ago.

Happy Modeling
Warp

Dr.H
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Hmm the shows I'm currently watching are:
Chu Bra!!
Ladies vs Butlers
Sora no Woto
Omamori Himari

I did enjoy Kimi no Todoke thanks Tsunamidelta
I never finished Needless

Masa
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I tried REALLY hard to resist... but I'm hooked on Omamori Himari too...

Cat girls and catnip... what a combo! :beautiful:

Tsunamidelta
03-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Hmm the shows I'm currently watching are:
Chu Bra!!
Ladies vs Butlers
Sora no Woto
Omamori Himari

I did enjoy Kimi no Todoke thanks Tsunamidelta
I never finished Needless

I've been following those, this scene.. Yes Masa.. Omamori Himari .. Holo's voice, just even more sexy attitude.. whats not to love ^_^

Ladies Vs Butlers.. This show is just crackin me up, How inane can we get. the theme song is snazzy too.

Glad you like Kimi no Todoke, Doc

secretasianman
03-02-2010, 11:12 AM
It's been hard to get into some of the current airing shows but I try to see what's up when I get the chance. I'm still following "Certain Scientific Railgun" despite the show being 75% filler and pandering for fans of the occasional humorous yuri antic. Happily as the series starts to wind down, some sense of plot has returned to the show.

I had a gander at the Lagann-Hen movie and was hoping to destroy some speakers in the process but it seems the astral clashing with Anti-spiral was toned down from 11 to just a 10. The surprise tweaks to the story were still a welcome change.

Since my queue was thin, I turned to my #1 guilty pleasure, "dramatomic bombs." First and foremost, I watched Clannad: After story. It's not as heavy as I was told, and despite the personal losses incurred, I was moved the most when Tomoya learned how much he meant to Ushio during their trip. Overall the series is a must-see and shouldn't be skipped. Here's hoping for more from Key.

Finally, following the theme of dramas and to celebrate the year of the Tiger, (and collapsing under the hype) I managed to pull Toradora! to the top of the queue. It was well done and the pacing was excellent. no filler and for once a ro-com didn't finish unresolved, ambiguously or in disaster. Quite frankly, I had become enamored with the series and am suffering withdrawals. Now, if only I could score one of those limited release plush "pocket tigers..."

Dr.H
03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm currently downloading the other half of Princess Lover since I missed it when my pc went down last summer.

I'm also enjoying the To Love RU OVA.

I have to admit OVA's are a guilty pleasure of mine. It's like taking the original shows and adding in any goofy or risque things that the studio couldn't pull off in the main tv season. Sometimes their waaaay overboard like the Queens Blade OVA or the Ikkitousen OVA but most of the time I rather enjoy them.

secretasianman
03-02-2010, 02:01 PM
I have to admit OVA's are a guilty pleasure of mine. It's like taking the original shows and adding in any goofy or risque things that the studio couldn't pull off in the main tv season. Sometimes their waaaay overboard

Kampfer needs to continue, and in this format :notagain:

Masa
03-03-2010, 04:38 AM
I was moved the most when Tomoya learned how much he meant to Ushio during their trip.

This :crys:

Dr.H
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Many of the shows I watch have multiple romantic interests where many girls find themselves falling for the main male character (harem). I guess there are a lot of anime artists out there that want to have multiple pretty girls fall for them lol right..

Anyway I don't mind the theme since it can make a lot of interesting story turn and twists but what I am starting to get tired of is the lack of completion in the endings..

I understand if they know there is going to be a second season but it seems that all of one or two season shows are doing it. They all end with a "let live this way forever with everyone" the girls are eventually going to want the guy to choose but in the shows they don't want to hurt each other so they choose not to choose.. urgh.

Even in shows where you know who he loves the most he chooses not to just come out with it.

Lol after finishing Princess Lover and some more To Love RU lets just say I was feeling a bit frustated and needed to vent :donotwant:

Ai Yori Aoshi - one of my favorites of all time. I will be soooo happy if they came back and gave me a third season where they finally got married and everyone knew..

I know sexual tention is what keeps shows good and once it is given into it usually kills the show but since these shows only have one season most of the time anyway why don't they give us some sort of completion?

devone23
03-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Many of the shows I watch have multiple romantic interests where many girls find themselves falling for the main male character (harem). I guess there are a lot of anime artists out there that want to have multiple pretty girls fall for them lol right..

Anyway I don't mind the theme since it can make a lot of interesting story turn and twists but what I am starting to get tired of is the lack of completion in the endings..

I understand if they know there is going to be a second season but it seems that all of one or two season shows are doing it. They all end with a "let live this way forever with everyone" the girls are eventually going to want the guy to choose but in the shows they don't want to hurt each other so they choose not to choose.. urgh.

Even in shows where you know who he loves the most he chooses not to just come out with it.

Lol after finishing Princess Lover and some more To Love RU lets just say I was feeling a bit frustated and needed to vent :donotwant:

Ai Yori Aoshi - one of my favorites of all time. I will be soooo happy if they came back and gave me a third season where they finally got married and everyone knew..

I know sexual tention is what keeps shows good and once it is given into it usually kills the show but since these shows only have one season most of the time anyway why don't they give us some sort of completion?

Yeah totally agree. School Rumble also did that..grrrr

I'm really tired of these shows where everyone and their dog is in love with the main character. When I started watching Toradora I thought "oh, finally, girls who aren't interested in the main character" but by the end I was like :notagain:. Shoulda seen that coming, heh.

Dr.H
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I really tried to watch Sasameki Koto but man that show is just depressing.. I can't get past enough episodes to where is might start to get good. Girl loves girl who loves only cute girls who usually like men so girl one and girl two end up sad all the time.. Probably realistic for how tough it is for teenage lesbians but man it's almost unwatchable entertainment wise to me...

Tsunamidelta
03-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Sasamaki Koto.. was indeed like a trip to the dentists office.. and no novacaine anywhere in house.

And I agree, about the harem shows.. they are getting rather old.. Is why I really do appreciate Kimi no Todoke.. Just a simple love story

But, Ya know who doesn't love a good tear Jerker.. and Clannad certainly fit the bill in my opinion.

devone23
03-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Finished watching Toaru Majutsu no Index. Spoilers ahead.

I think the plot was kind of contrived (Wait...filling your brain with information wouldn't actually KILL you!), but the supporting characters were so good that I watched it through the nonsensical parts anyway.

My favorite character(s) are, of course, the Sisters. I was disappointed that none of the original 20,000 Sisters make decent appearances after their plot line ended. I'll probably watch Toaru Majutsu no Railgun just to hope they show up.

secretasianman
03-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Finished watching Toaru Majutsu no Index. Spoilers ahead.

I think the plot was kind of contrived (Wait...filling your brain with information wouldn't actually KILL you!), but the supporting characters were so good that I watched it through the nonsensical parts anyway.

My favorite character(s) are, of course, the Sisters. I was disappointed that none of the original 20,000 Sisters make decent appearances after their plot line ended. I'll probably watch Toaru Majutsu no Railgun just to hope they show up.

Hoo boy.. I wasn't too pleased with "Magical Index" until the Accelerator/Sisters/Last order arcs. It's sad how Index became a side-character of her own series. (TBH, the show was barely about her, the title doesn't even work)

HOWEVER caveat emptor when watching "Scientific Railgun." The pacing is horrible. If it weren't for the fanservice, the filler (of which the show is more than 50% of) will make you want to drop it in a heartbeat.

There are two, count em, two finitely paced arcs and the 24 episode series could have been covered in less than 12 eps.

That being said, everything with a grain of salt. overall I'd grade the series with a "C." YET if you whittle it down to being entertained while keeping tabs on the plot-relevant parts - you may still be quite pleased with the outcome. If you stick through to the end you may see why .... or not.

Dr.H
03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I most recently watched the Blu-Ray version of Summer Wars. If you haven't seen this movie yet it is well worth it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars

telemarq
03-23-2010, 05:39 AM
I most recently watched the Blu-Ray version of Summer Wars. If you haven't seen this movie yet it is well worth it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars
I didn't know this had been released in the US. I really like Hosoda's Girl Who Leapt Through time and have been waiting for this. Don't know when I'll get a Blu-Ray player.

Deikin
03-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I've finally started working through 'To Love Ru'.

It's so unoriginal that I could close my eyes and list 100 other animes I was watching. *Yawn*

Still, the fan services is pretty enjoyable, in places. Though, I never get why these pubescent teenage boys, who are blessed with some sort of sexy female fiancÚ/princess/goddess/alien/robot/etc., willing to sleep with them and parade around naked, seem to be quite so adverse to enjoying both activities with them.

Dr.H
03-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I didn't know this had been released in the US. I really like Hosoda's Girl Who Leapt Through time and have been waiting for this. Don't know when I'll get a Blu-Ray player.

It's actually not licensed yet for sale in the US so it can be downloaded as a fansub legally until it gets picked up, which I'm sure will be soon.

Deikin I've seen the whole To Love Ru series and it is a-typical fanservice anime which is really the only reason to watch it. I have to agree though.. I've seen tons of anime lately where hot girls in masses are all hitting on the main teen guy, either their naked all the time or show up sleeping in his bed but he is always to good guy who is embarrassed and refuses to do anything. I'm not sure I would have such resolve or stamina.

secretasianman
03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
I've finally started working through 'To Love Ru'.

It's so unoriginal that I could close my eyes and list 100 other animes I was watching. *Yawn*

Still, the fan services is pretty enjoyable, in places. Though, I never get why these pubescent teenage boys, who are blessed with some sort of sexy female fiancÚ/princess/goddess/alien/robot/etc., willing to sleep with them and parade around naked, seem to be quite so adverse to enjoying both activities with them.

That's the true face of the harem/ro-com, especially if a multi-faceted matrix is applied (eroge/sim-based shows as a perfect example) they're all designed to drive the viewer mad. 'Shipping wars arise and controversy leads to hype & propaganda which results in *drumroll please* viewership and sales. While I have to agree you wouldn't have a show if noone was an idiot and all relationship conflicts are resolved in 2-3 episodes, it's been beaten to death and played out, the airwaves are flooded and the quality show is landing on fewer and fewer available formulas.

That being said, with each passing season there's less to look forward to. Let's hope K-On doesn't severely jump the shark (can slice of life do that?) or that we see a Kampfer or Nyan Koi followup, or if you're into wishful thinking, more from the Haruhi Suzumiya novels or Index/Railgun universe setting in Academy City. :why:

Tsunamidelta
03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Deikin I've seen the whole To Love Ru series and it is a-typical fanservice anime which is really the only reason to watch it. I have to agree though.. I've seen tons of anime lately where hot girls in masses are all hitting on the main teen guy, either their naked all the time or show up sleeping in his bed but he is always to good guy who is embarrassed and refuses to do anything. I'm not sure I would have such resolve or stamina.

I know I wouldn't have the resolve or stamina.. I mean really? Wake up.. hot chick.. half naked.. if my mind don't get there first, my body will I know that much about myself.:smile:

devone23
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
HOWEVER caveat emptor when watching "Scientific Railgun." The pacing is horrible. If it weren't for the fanservice, the filler (of which the show is more than 50% of) will make you want to drop it in a heartbeat.

Well, I finished watching A Certain Scientific Railgun. I have to say, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The filler episodes were good breaks from the intense and slightly overdramatic story. I kind of like these types of shows because I don't have to pay too much attention to it to keep up with the story while I do something else. I remember watching Ghost in the Shell SAC and being lost about 3 episodes into it because I was sculpting something at the same time.

Tsunamidelta
04-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Well the new season is beginning..

And thus far, I've watched.. Kachiou no Maid-sama, which has really nicely drawn character designs, appears to be a reverse love story.. being as told from the girls perspective, which is nice. So hopefully this one won't begin to suck in the next couple of episodes.

I've also watched, Ikkitousen Xtreme Xcutor, I'm an Ikkitousen fan.. so it was natural to pick this one up.. and its not disappointing me yet.. will find out soon enough though.

Another one I've caught the first episode of is, the new Shin Koi Hime Musou ~Otome Tairen~, Another story that follows the three kingdoms period or if you will the five dynasties period of china before the rise of the Song. Uses the same story as Ikkitousen, but told in an entirely different setting.. it is in the time period of the story.. not in our time. And its just goofier then hell.

Another goofy as hell show, appears to be B Gata H Kei. This time the girl is the major Perv.. all I'm going to say.. The first episode was cracking me up, and the character designs are really cute. Its a School show, so plenty of mini-skirts and panty shots.

I haven't finished checking out what else I downloaded yet.. so this is just the first of this season.

Shintocowboy
04-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Got around to picking up Tears to Tiara. Not sure how I'll take it since I loved the original, an Ero by Leaf, and the new artwork is a completely different direction.

Tsunamidelta
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Got around to picking up Tears to Tiara. Not sure how I'll take it since I loved the original, an Ero by Leaf, and the new artwork is a completely different direction.

The Tears to Tiara anime.. wasn't too bad, the artwork follows more the second release of the game. And there is far less ero content.. like nill ero content in the anime.. but the story is fairly good.

secretasianman
05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Not watching a lot lately. the industry seems to be falling or the formulas have become too "cookiecutter."

To pass the time I'm watching Kaichou wa Maid-sama and so far am loving the character chemistry. also: MAIDS! HELOOOOO

Also on my List :

K-On season 2. not terribly exciting - not sure how I survived the first season, may not finish this one.
Working! The OP is infectious, but the show is slice of life and what you'd expect from a 4koma conversion.

devone23
05-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I've been watching WORKING! these days, I can't wait for every single episode to come out haha.

Maybe I just haven't seen many anime in the same vein as WORKING!, but it doesn't seem too cookie-cutter to me. Main characters these days are either dorky or stand-offish so I like the pragmatic and unconventional Kata- I mean Takanashi. I don't even mind the super-cliche "I hate men" thing. I recommended the show to a friend and he didn't like it very much though...Maybe I have bad taste, heh. I am liking Arakawa Under the Bridge for the same reasons.

Also watching Cross-Game...baseball show. It's kind of good, but at times reminds me so much of Touch, a far superior baseball show, that I can't enjoy it.

4koma? Can you explain?

Shintocowboy
05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
4komas are the comics drawn in a style normally up to down and only created with 4 boxes each story(fragment). It's length is what you might take as Western comics in newspaper. It's usually 3 boxes of build-off with the last comic box being the payload. Azumanga Daioh was a 4koma too, yes?

devone23
05-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh okay, thanks!

Dr.H
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm also watching Gata H Kei and Kaichou wa Maid sama. I really like Kaichou wa Maid sama so far.

Other than that I'm watching KissXSis, Mayoi Neko Overrun and Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor though they aren't as good.

I'm trying to get into Angel Beats which is drawn well but I find just ok.

I downloaded the whole season of Kagihime Eikyuu Alice to see if I would be into the odd Alice and Wonderland theme going on.

Dr.H
05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok add Saki to that list. Watching the first ep right now but Gonzo has treated me pretty well so I hope to enjoy it!

secretasianman
05-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I've been watching WORKING! these days, I can't wait for every single episode to come out haha.

Maybe I just haven't seen many anime in the same vein as WORKING!, but it doesn't seem too cookie-cutter to me. Main characters these days are either dorky or stand-offish so I like the pragmatic and unconventional Kata- I mean Takanashi. I don't even mind the super-cliche "I hate men" thing. I recommended the show to a friend and he didn't like it very much though...Maybe I have bad taste, heh. I am liking Arakawa Under the Bridge for the same reasons.
<snip>
4koma? Can you explain?

I should have been more clear, there's nothing wrong with the show, but since the story is pulled from a 4-panel comic strip, the pacing is more that of a string of comedic situations than the more typical story arc or arcs. Happily I was also glad to see them take the show out of the restaurant last week - however, I thought this show was supposed to be about Poplar? Instead it seems to revolve around Inami's androphobia and her attraction to Takanashi ... I want to drop it but the OP keeps me coming back-WANWAN

As for for the rest of what I'm watching, I dropped K-on, picked up then dropped Kiss x Sis and added B Gata H Kei.
K-on felt like "more of the same"
Kiss x Sis seemed had promise but proved shameless (I won't get into it, it's exactly what the target audience expects, I'm not the target)
B Gata H Kei - I wish there were seiyuu bulletins! Tamura Yukari!

Masa
07-06-2010, 02:15 PM
http://www.sekirei-tv.com/

Sekirei is back... that is all... :beautiful:

secretasianman
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Not sure why I'm compelled to or am forcing myself to watch anything. I don't force" American Idol" or "America's Got Talent" down my throat if nothing's on American TV, right?

currently checking out:
Highschool Of The Dead and Seitokai Yakuindomo.

So far, no sparkly moe have invaded these shows though there's a lot of chatter about ladies hygiene in the second one I listed.:dotdotdot:

Masa
07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Highschool of the Dead - that reminds me... another show started up this week in my area:

http://www.occult-gakuin.jp/

Occult Academy - looks pretty good so far. Will have to see how the story develops :)

Shintocowboy
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Just finished Clannad (1st season) and I'm wondering why I never got into any Key stuff before now.

renkinjutsushix
07-07-2010, 01:10 AM
watching Death note and The Legend of Ang the last airbender >=))

Tsunamidelta
07-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Well.. Being that I'm a huge Zombie movie fan, and generally hate zombies.. High school of the Dead gets my vote for watching this season. Oooh yeah and of course.. Strike Witches 2

ebi0brain
08-30-2010, 09:27 AM
just started Gantz.
First reaction: 0_o

KrokoHunter
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Haven't watched any anime for ages (or been at this forum for that matter) ... but I'm back in town, and want to get back in gear with the lovely resin-babes ... so I just have to watch some new Anime ...

Haven't watched a lot of anime, but I really digged Fate/Stay Night and the 3 seasons of Ikkitousen ..... and characterwise I really like Rider (Fate/Stay) and Chouun (Ikki) ... I guess I have a thing for the silent, kickassing chick (I don't think it's the closed eyes, though ;-) )...

So with this in mind ... what should I watch next?????

(And, I thrilled to be back btw :D )

Tsunamidelta
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Highly recommend "High school of the Dead" Kroko.

Dr.H
09-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Highly recommend "High school of the Dead" Kroko.

I just started watching this about a week ago and already I love it! Zombies and tons of fanservice?? Looks like someone was reading my letter to Santa :please:

KrokoHunter
09-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks guys

I've just checked some pictures and vids from the show, and it truly looks like a winner to me ....

Zoombies and fanservice ..... what's not to like :inlove:

KrokoHunter
09-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Watched the first ep of "High School of the Dead" yesterday ... Surely looks promising ..

KrokoHunter
09-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Watched the first 6 episodes now, and I'm completely hooked :inlove:

Oh and some sculptor JUST HAVE TO make a kit of Saeko in thongs and apron, like in ep 6 ..... she's just my kinda girl :love:

telemarq
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I might have to give that one a look.

KrokoHunter
09-10-2010, 05:47 PM
and I've just run out of episodes :crys:

KrokoHunter
09-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh and some sculptor JUST HAVE TO make a kit of Saeko in thongs and apron, like in ep 6 ..... she's just my kinda girl :love:

Seems like someone already have: http://ningin.com/socialnews/item:show/2008/11/06/18-saeko-busujima-pvc/

Now go and make her in resin, and make me happy :smile:

Masa
09-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Every time I see the letters PVC - I die a little inside :why:

Welcome back Niels :hi:

devone23
09-11-2010, 01:41 AM
just started Gantz.
First reaction: 0_o

Gantz is great...Yeah that was pretty much my reaction too.

KrokoHunter
09-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Every time I see the letters PVC - I die a little inside :why:

I know that feeling :crys:

Welcome back Niels :hi:

Thanks Masa .. It's great to be back ..... I still owe you a Ma.K texture tutorial ... I'll make it, when my Gans is ready for texturing

Masa
09-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks Masa .. It's great to be back ..... I still owe you a Ma.K texture tutorial ... I'll make it, when my Gans is ready for texturing

Looking forward to it :)

I got a Gans and two Krotes waiting myself. I'm still stoked to be getting a Raptor finally... thank you 3Q! :smile:

KrokoHunter
09-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Looking forward to it :)

I got a Gans and two Krotes waiting myself. I'm still stoked to be getting a Raptor finally... thank you 3Q! :smile:

Let me know if you need a Super Jerry .. I have one up for sale

Thank you 3Q .. that's like saying "Thank you Thank you" :rofl:

KrokoHunter
09-13-2010, 03:20 AM
Yay .. can't wait to watch ep 11 of H.OT.D. tonight

Furthermore, I just discovered, that while I was absent from the Otaku/Anime area, season 4 of Ikkitousen has aired ....:moe: ... Can't wait to get started on that

KrokoHunter
09-22-2010, 03:04 AM
:why: No more episodes of H.O.T.D. .. nooooooooooooooooooooooo ...... Bugger .. well I haven't read the Manga ... is this the definite end of the Anime series, or should I expect a Season 2 ???

Oh well I started on Season 4 of Ikkitousen yesterday .. Looks promising with a lot of new characters :inlove:

secretasianman
09-22-2010, 05:52 AM
:why: No more episodes of H.O.T.D. .. nooooooooooooooooooooooo ...... Bugger .. well I haven't read the Manga ... is this the definite end of the Anime series, or should I expect a Season 2 ???

I always wondered about that, let's hope BD/DVD sales drive the cause. (worked for Kampfer!)

Tsunamidelta
09-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Oooh.. there definately will be a season 2.. that one was just too damn popular not to get a season 2.

telemarq
09-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Just got the complete series of Rin-Daughters of Mnemosyne yesterday. :smile:

And just finished the first two episodes. Whoa........... :dizzy: :warn:

secretasianman
09-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Just got the complete series of Rin-Daughters of Mnemosyne yesterday. :smile:

And just finished the first two episodes. Whoa........... :dizzy: :warn:

This miniseries is good stuff. I also recommend the audio commentary for some seriously good laughs.

telemarq
10-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Finished Mnemosyne, and that was a decent anime. This past week I also watched Spirited Away for the first time. Ghibli always produces good stuff, and I think this is my new favorite from Miyazaki. I also started and finished Speed Grapher this week. I wouldn't put it with my other favorites, but the story and two main characters were enough to hold my interest. It didn't drag on like a lot of other 20+ episode anime series, each episode was nicely completed at the end of that ep or the next at the most.

Dr.H
10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Well it's new tv season time so I'm giving a couple new shows a try. First is Yosuga no Sora but the sister has a few...issues.. next is MM! . Anyone have any other recommendations for fall series?

secretasianman
10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I might watch MM but have *huge* fears of formulaic pandering.

"My little sister can't be this cute" has promise (a story about otaku of all things)

And only because I've watched "A certain magical index" and "A certain scientific railgun" do I feel obligated to watch the continuation

Dr.H
10-09-2010, 08:38 PM
After just watching MM!.. I'm not quite sure I like the whole masochist thing going on. Kinda freaks me out, sigh**

Tsunamidelta
10-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Yosuga no Sora has nice art.. but yeah, there is problems there.

MM has cute character designs.. but the masochism thing.. is a bit freakin weird.. but I think it should be comedic enough to keep me watching.

Index I'm watching, cause as Secret said.. same reasons.

They say the Summer season is the dumping ground.. Could've fooled me by the offerings this season.. Except for Fortune Arterial that should be a good show, considering the Eroge was #1 a few years back.

Masa
10-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Like Tsunami said - the good stuff won't be on until next year. 2011 looks great though - possibilities for lots of kits... umm... I mean PVC prepaints :dotdotdot:

KrokoHunter
10-10-2010, 04:42 AM
I mean PVC prepaints :dotdotdot:

I feel your pain :why::why::why::why::why:

secretasianman
10-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Like Tsunami said - the good stuff won't be on until next year. 2011 looks great though - possibilities for lots of kits... umm... I mean PVC prepaints :dotdotdot:

good thing there's still a lot of old kits for resale out there.

KrokoHunter
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
My "To Watch" list:

- The last 2 eps of Ikkitousen season 4
- Rewatch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Genshiken (after I've read the Manga)
- MM!
- My littlesister can't be this cute

secretasianman
10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Personally this doesn't seem like it's worth watching. Reminds me of Powerpuff girls. Then out of nowhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_BiiY-gNTY

(probably the only 90 seconds worth watching, which brings me to the question, "where the hell are my angel kits?" because this would make an awesome duo set)

...and you have to ask yourself: does content quality really matter when it's the character design that counts?

Shintocowboy
10-13-2010, 07:31 PM
...and you have to ask yourself: does content quality really matter when it's the character design that counts?

I find myself more and more getting into things solely on character design >_<

Masa
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I recorded it just for the title alone lol. I wish the entire show was illustrated like that change scene - then I might have watched more than the first 2 minutes before hitting the "delete" button :dunno:

Shintocowboy
10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Alright, just watched the first 5 min or so and shut it off as well. I enjoyed the nod to Tomoyasu Hotei's Battle without Honor or Humanity, but it did seem like a crude version of Powerpuff girls. I did like Stocking's design for some reason :/

secretasianman
10-14-2010, 06:22 AM
I recorded it just for the title alone lol. I wish the entire show was illustrated like that change scene - then I might have watched more than the first 2 minutes before hitting the "delete" button :dunno:

Same here. I scanned through the second chapter and the second episode but alas, alack, Gainax was teasing and trolling. The show's too painfully bad to keep watching for more visually stimulating events like that one.

Tsunamidelta
10-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I have that show sitting .. well the first episode.. I scanned it.. and left it sit there.. if thats the best moment.. then Screw it.. though if the whole show was drawn that way.. That would be tits.. but powderpuff style don't thrill me.

secretasianman
10-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I give up.

Invader arrives to conquer humanity.
Invader is enamored with humanity.
Invader gets a part time job.
Invader vomits and makes delicious squid-ink spaghetti.

BEHOLD! Shinryaku! Ika Musume! (Invasion! Squid girl)

KrokoHunter
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
delicious squid-ink spaghetti.

Ohh .. I have a pack of that .. how does it taste? :D

Anime-related.. Watched the first 3 eps of "My Littlesister can't be this cute" .. and I really like it .... seems like I could get the hang of these "slice of life" animes and mangas :D

Zakenna
10-20-2010, 03:13 PM
you know what? I'm enjoying a large majority of the new shows this season. Index II and My Little Sister at the top of my priority list but I'm enjoying Squid Girl quite a bit. One of the shows I kind of stumbled upon was Bakuman. Pretty awesome show about an aspiring mangaka. MM! is my new guilty pleasure after what Tentei Opera Milky Holmes turned out to be less cute than I had hoped.

Masa
10-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I finally finished watching Occult Academy and Sekirei (both of which were piled up on my recorder). Both had fairly predictable endings, but still watchable.

Tried watching Fortune Arterial - well drawn but the story felt very "been there, done that" so that's another one removed from the recording roster :dunno:

Quickly running out of options for the fall season... sigh.

Dr.H
10-22-2010, 08:57 AM
It seems like cute animes are the niche for this fall season, which is probably great for people who like that type of anime since they usually only have one or two shows per season that really fill in there and aren't considered kid anime. Me I'm the late teens early 20's fanservice type of guy so I have about 1 1/2 shows this season lol I'm not complaining to much since the last few seasons have had a few really good show for me :P.

Tsunamidelta
10-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, I'm sticking out Fortune Artriel.. Its a great Eroge.. so I'm hoping they do the show right. Also started watching Super Robot Wars OG. Excellen ^_^ Yum!

But Doc is right, the shows this season are definately dipping back into the Moe stock, instead of actually being shows that are well worthwhile.

ebi0brain
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
watching texhnolyze at the moment.
I've reached episode 9 and it's awesome so far.

KrokoHunter
11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
My current "Watching" and "To Watch" lists:

Watching
- My Little Sister Cant Be This Cute
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Genshiken
- K-ON!

To Watch
- Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Girls
- Working!!
- Lucky Star
- Kaicho wa Maid-sama!
- B Gata H Kei

devone23
11-07-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm keeping tabs on A Certain Scientific Railgun II...it should really be called A Certain Magical Index II because that's what it is. Where's Misaka? where's Kuroko? I'm disappoint!

Also, new Ranma 1/2 movie after so many years...I wish the series never ended in the first place.

secretasianman
11-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm keeping tabs on A Certain Scientific Railgun II...it should really be called A Certain Magical Index II because that's what it is. Where's Misaka? where's Kuroko? I'm disappoint!

Um, but it is called "A Certain Magical Index II." Also, plenty of Kuroko and Misaka in this week's episode, plus an appearance from Accelerator, Last Order and "The sisters"

KrokoHunter
11-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Just watched the entire second season of Genshiken in just two days .... bugger buger bugger .. why aren't there anymore episodes ... I just love this show .... such great character-development

David_Chiu
11-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I must be getting old... bit torrented Yamato Revival and was bitterly disappointed... All those CG just seem so... wrong.

Masa
11-23-2010, 12:51 AM
CG or not... it will still be more watchable than the live action Smap movie...:facepalm

KrokoHunter
11-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I've just watched the first 7 episodes of Working!! .. and I really like it .... such a cracked up character setup isn't seen often :rofl:

To bad there's only 13 episodes .. wonder if there be a season2, or if it was "laid to rest"

secretasianman
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
... torrented Yamato Revival and was bitterly disappointed...

haven't seen it yet. is it that bad?

secretasianman
12-02-2010, 07:45 PM
haven't seen it yet. is it that bad?

Edit:NM I thought this was the live action

devone23
12-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Just watched the entire second season of Genshiken in just two days .... bugger buger bugger .. why aren't there anymore episodes ... I just love this show .... such great character-development

Oh yeah, Genshiken is great. It kind of leaves things up in the air at the end of season 2. You should read the manga starting where the anime ends, it closes things a little better I think.

Watching One Piece these days, I blew through 375 episodes in like 3 weeks. Also, Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge, a funny, light show.

KrokoHunter
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah, Genshiken is great. It kind of leaves things up in the air at the end of season 2. You should read the manga starting where the anime ends, it closes things a little better I think.e, a funny, light show.

Hey Devone23

I've already read all 9 books plus the extra chapter 56 ... I'm a big fan of Ogiue .... She'll propably be my first sculpting subject

Masa
12-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm so underwhelmed with the current crop of new shows that I'm currently re-watching Soul Eater :)

David_Chiu
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
haven't seen it yet. is it that bad?It has lost the Matsumoto touch. Truth be told, Matsumoto has lost his touch; much of his work in the last decade has been shallow, sequels that are but a shadow of their predecessors. I would think he has gone mad for money and is no longer the artist and story teller that he was.

KrokoHunter
12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm so underwhelmed with the current crop of new shows that I'm currently re-watching Soul Eater :)

The only show that still has my attention is "My little sister can't be that cute" ..

I still want to watch a couple of more eps of "Samurai Girls" .. but it hasn't really impressed me ... nice character designs (I hope and dream of some nice GKs) .. but the story hasn't really done anything for me

KrokoHunter
12-12-2010, 05:20 AM
The only show that still has my attention is "My little sister can't be that cute" ..

Though I must admit, that I've kinda lost interest in Kirinos characterdevelopment .. To me Ruri is a much more interesting character, and the relationship between her and Kyousuke is much more interesting.... This is what makes me keep watching this show!

KrokoHunter
12-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Just browsed to the Winter Airing Plan:

http://animestigma.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/2010-winter-anime2.jpg

Nothing of interest to me, really ...

I'll propably give the following a chance:

- Kore wa Zombie desu ka?
- Onii-Chan no Koto nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara Ne!!

but that's about it..