PDA

View Full Version : Interesting places in Japan for the hobbyist tourist?

AOJ
05-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi all!

It's been some time since my last post ... I have been pretty busy studying (last career subject) and working (2 works at the same time), and nearly had no time to work on my half abandoned GKs nor visiting the forum :(

The good news is that I've saved enough money to travel to Japan! Yehaaa! I'll be doing the tourist from 17h October to 1st November :). 1 week Tokyo, and another Kyoto, Osaka and surroundings (with a weekly Japan Rail Pass).

I know people in this forum knows a lot about Japan, specially in the hobby topic (knowing info that's impossible to find in guides, lol). So I'm asking you if you know interesting places/events/shops/people to visit in Japan, related to GKs and the hobby world.

Any info will be truly appreciated ::thumb

Thanks!

PS: Masa, you live in Japan right now?

Masa
05-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Congrats on the trip!

Yes, I'm in Japan but I live really far from the areas you will be visiting. I'm the furthest thing from an expert on Tokyo... but I do go there for business every now and then. If you have any specific requests, I'd be glad to help you where I can.

Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

We do have some members from the Tokyo area, but they've been away for a bit due to family and work concerns.

Use the SEARCH and it should bring up some old topics with places to go and things to see. ::thumb