View Full Version : New to the board

05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been working in the Resin Modeling arena now for about 3-4 years. I just completed my 18th Resin kit (I'll post in the figure section). I'm always looking for new places to display my work. I like honest critics who will give me an hint and tips on how I can improve. Of course I also like the ohhs and awws as well. :D

I hope to see a lot of work here that I can draw inspiration from to improve my own hobby.

05-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Welcome to GKJ Jayden63 ;)!

05-11-2008, 11:08 AM

I looked at some of the completed works in your gallery and I must say that they are all very impressive, especially for how short a time you've been working on them. Nice fishnet on the Tandem Twin kit. Have you built models before from other genres?

There aren't any glaring mistakes in any of them. The same suggestions that I give most people do still apply. You might benefit from a bit more surface prep before you paint. There are a lot of areas that can be cleaned up. Watch the edges where colors meet a bit more - especially around the flesh sections. Paint still looks a bit thick in places.

All small things, but the human eye has a way of "emphasizing" anything that seems out of place.

Good job and amazing progress!

05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey there and welcome!

Great progress in the couple years you've been doing figures. You've sure built way way more than I've managed.

wish i had more free time. lol :keke: