View Full Version : 2009 Winter WF is cancelled!

10-11-2008, 01:32 PM

10-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Does it say why?

10-11-2008, 03:20 PM
that stinks :(

10-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Licensing is usually one day only right? If the investigations are still ongoing, the executive committee can't set a date for WF2009W, which complicates things for all dealers as they don't know which day to apply for licensing.

10-11-2008, 07:47 PM
They said that it was due to a number of reasons - the main one being the ongoing escalator accident investigation at Tokyo Big Sight. Due to the investigation, the cut-off dates for registration as well as applications for licensing have been changed so much that it has caused numerous problems and delays for the dealers/sellers at the event. Due to the complications involved, the event sponsors decided to cancel the Winter WF. They do go on to state that they are not canceling the WF event entirely (like what happened to WHF), but just the next Winter WF event.

10-13-2008, 02:41 AM
What a bummer. But I'm glad to hear that it was only regarding WF'09 Winter .. and not WF in general!

10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
That really sucks. Luckily it's only canceled this winter, which means next year summer WF is a go?

Great news, it seems you have an extension for making your kits Masa ;)
Yes, we still interested in seeing it... go Masa go!

10-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Great news, it seems you have an extension for making your kits Masa ;)
Yes, we still interested in seeing it... go Masa go!

All in due time my friend ;)

Things have been more than hectic here lately - my search for a new rental property large enough to accommodate my family and their belongings has been abandoned in favor of building a brand new house (yes, even in Japan) :sweat:

We had the ground breaking ceremony last week and they begin construction sometime later this month. As you can imagine, with all the meetings with contractors and architects scheduled between my regular work hours, my time for hobbies is seriously lacking :cry:

The really good news is, I'm going to have a new studio space all to myself when the house is completed ::thumb

The bad news is, my daughter insisted that the upstairs bathroom be pink... :squint:

10-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Whoa... there are sure a LOT going on on your life right now.
Hang in there, and don't forget to unwind once in a while and do your hobbies ;)
awesome to hear that you'll be getting your inner sanctum in the house.

A pink bathroom huh? well I can think of a lot of stuff happening in a pink bathroom...hehehe... none of them rated below M though.

12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
*holds wallet* see? it's going to be OK....

02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Looking forward to Summer WF, as the show Good Smile put on at Akiba UDX yesterday was hardly a satisfying substitute.