View Full Version : My first post at GKJ - Share My Recent Work: A.T. FIELD Rei Ayanami 1/4 Scale

10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
It almost took 20 nights in the past weeks for me to finish A.T. FIELD Rei Ayanami 1/4 Scale Figure.

If you wanna have a look at the whole process, you can click here (http://picasaweb.google.com/cgcpicture/ATFIELDReiAyanamiResinStatue14Scale#). I have uploaded 200 pictures to show how i made it.

Paste here some of the pictures:

10-31-2008, 03:07 PM
That kit is sick! I actually like the real eye sockets. I really think you did awesome with the kit. While everything was great and I like the color choices and the wet looks can make you drool lol, the only constructive criticism I have which is minor at that is the gore spots could have looked a bit more realistic, Joa is good at explaining how to do that. Also the hair might have used more highlights but that's just personal preference not something wrong.

Again sweet kit and thanks for showing her!

10-31-2008, 07:12 PM
this is one of the few Rei kits i really like. You did great on her. i personally find the see-through shirt a bit distracting but its well done. im just not a fan off the boob shots. heheh

i second Doc in saying the glass eyes look nice. Im definately going to try that out on a kit or two in the future.

10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum! Can you tell us a little about yourself? :)

Nice pics and great looking kit. Did you have any problems with the assembly or difficulties painting/reaching any areas?

11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
She looks awesome, very impressive.

11-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I didn't check the other pics of the kit.

The over all look is appealing; I like this kit a lot, and I'd like to get my hands on a copy myself one day (preferably the 0' type).
I would have put more contrast to the hair and possibly to all the parts (surfaces and finishes) in order to give this rather huge kit life.
As it is 1/4th scale, it tends to get that "doll-look" as ppl treat it iike a smaller scale figure.

11-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Welcome to the forum, modelkitscenter. Your painting of Rei is awesome. Like the see through effect you put on her suit. I would love to try my hands on this kit some day too.

12-12-2008, 07:55 PM
can't see the photos? 8-/

12-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Photos might have been deleted or moved. Might be a server problem. I'm going to close this thread until the original poster responds or fixes the images.