PDA

View Full Version : Login issues

Masa
01-30-2009, 10:10 PM
We are aware that a number of users are experiencing problems when they try to login or stay logged in after returning from another site. While we search for a solution for this problem, you should try the usual fixes first.

Clear your cache and cookies for this site.

Check that you have the latest Java release and that you have enabled javascript in your browser preferences.

Some users have reported success with logging in from the top right corner login window versus the login panel on the left side panel.

Some password managers might not be compatible, so try and disable them or make exceptions for this site.

Please feel free to post any other problems you might be experiencing with logging in to the forum.

Arieanna
01-30-2009, 11:35 PM
my log in issue isnt so much that im not staying logged in.

If i come to the main page from elsewhere it shows as if im not logged in. if i try to log in i get the welcome message but whent he page reloads it still shows as if im not logged in. i hit the Forum link and i am logged in there. this time i came and just hit the forum tab without logging into the main page. im still logged in. now if i go back to the main page from the forum, then its fixed and i get all the logged in stuff.

its like a backwards compatibility bug or something. its only a one way thing. sooo wierd. doesnt hamper anything, just annoying more than anything. :sweat:

edit- i just noticed that even with the main page showing me not logged in if i look under the registered users thing, i do show up as logged in tehre when im viewing the page.

Masa
01-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Ok Arie (and anyone else experiencing this)

Delete your cookies for gkjapan.com and flush your cache memory.

Quit your browser and then reopen it.

Type the full address "www.gkjapan.com" in the address bar and hit return/enter.

Now, go to another website and then come back to GKJ and see if your log in stays active.

We changed the script for the location of the cookie that remembers your login status. Please let us know if this solved the problem for you.

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 07:40 AM
So far so good....

Arieanna
01-31-2009, 08:05 AM
same here. good so far. thanks guys :) ::thumb

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Testing 1/31 part II

Navigated away, closed browser. Did not clear cookies or cache.

Reopened browser, login gone. Not sure what the behavior should be. (retain/discard session?)

using Safari 3.2.1 on OS X 10.5.6 Intel

Masa
01-31-2009, 08:36 AM
Arie - awesome! Glad it worked.

Testing 1/31 part II

Navigated away, closed browser. Did not clear cookies or cache.

Reopened browser, login gone. Not sure what the behavior should be. (retain/discard session?)

using Safari 3.2.1 on OS X 10.5.6 Intel

That's strange. I just did that with Safari 3.2.1 and it worked fine for me.

How do you have your cookies set up in your security preferences? :hmm:

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 08:55 AM
Accept Cookies: "Always"

Forgot to mention there was an approximate ~5-10 minute time lapse before returning

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
I noticed some other (non-functionality crippling) wierdness probably worthy of your attention

The shoutbox items appear to have safari issues, however work fine in firefox. (pictured directly below)

Masa
01-31-2009, 09:11 AM
There is a timeout counter, but that is set for 900 seconds (15 minutes). Even if you stayed away that long, as long as you have the "Remember Me" checked and are accepting the cookie, it should still keep you logged in.

I'm still trying to replicate your error on my side :hmm:

Masa
01-31-2009, 09:30 AM
I noticed some other (non-functionality crippling) wierdness probably worthy of your attention

The shoutbox items appear to have safari issues, however work fine in firefox. (pictured directly below)

Thanks for posting the pic - same thing happens on my side too. Unfortunately, it isn't anything we can fix on our side, so we will have to wait for the developers to update the code to work with the new forum version. We already mentioned the spacing issue of the menu bar in the chatbox, and although removing the bbcode and smilie sections seemed to make the page more viewable for most members, it is still a "quick fix" at best and hardly the most desirable solution. Hopefully these issues and more will be corrected in the next release.

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 09:46 AM
testing again with a confirmed selection of "remember me"

will check again after breakfast ^_^

secretasianman
01-31-2009, 10:04 AM
success ^_^

we'll chalk the last one up to user error

Masa
01-31-2009, 11:12 AM
success ^_^

we'll chalk the last one up to user error