View Full Version : Ohayocon Report

02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, We came we saw... We paneled.

Bob, Kevin, and Myself just finished Ohayocon 2009.

Basic rundown of what I saw an experienced.. Most Resin .. Was with Us.

Other Resin, One guy from advertising for A New York Animecon had a really cool Yuko.. don't know the series off the top of my head. But definately did a Nice job.

As far as the con goes, We arrived thursday and helped out the dealers we know set up in the dealers room. Friday pretty just hid in the dealers room all day long since we shared one badge amongst the three of us. Friday night was our model panel, Bob grabbed some pictures will bug him as soon as possible to post em if anyone wants to see em. Pretty good panel had twelve people.. though only maybe half participated and asked questions. Outside of that not too bad. Before our panel though was an Obi tying panel, Found this most intriguing and I got to be a volunteer.. had a very nice silk obi tied on me. Very interesting how those things are tied.

Saturday.. Well we finally got a table to sit and work.. Worked a good chunk of the day till around 8pm when this little teenbopper stood across the hall from us and screamed at the top of his lungs for about a minute straight.. Never wanted to kill someone so much in my life as I did that stupid young man. At that point we decided time for dinner and left the con. We didn't return on sunday we had , had enough of the kids.

Summation, Good time.. Got to see lots of good friends.. would I personally do Ohayocon again now that its gotten as big as it has. Probably not, I don't really care for the main stream anime culture that has developed at Anime Cons now.. I prefer how it used to be when I first started going to anime cons. This new breed of twits twerk me the definate wrong way.

Well thats it.

02-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the report! I'm sure everyone would love to see pics if you have any to share. ::thumb

02-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Matt, any chance you huys are going to be at Acen this year?

02-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah gotta get with Bob on those photos.. Probably won't post the one with me in the Obi.. Haven't gotten it yet anyhoo.

As far as Acen.. I'm not sure if we're doing Acen or not. Ohayocon's size left a fairly bad taste at least in my mouth. I stopped doing Con's cause of the nonsense with the kids and what not. Kevin mentioned Acen. So we may end up doing it I'm not really sure.

Chicago is a six hour drive for me, which by no means is horrible .. but its not a short drive either. So again basically we'll see.

We've discussed Anime Punch (Party con.. no so condusive to kit building) and Wonderfest in Kentucky (More then likely this is the one we'll do in the near term.)

Shinto, Don't know your situation.. but if you can do Wonderfest in Louisville I'd highly recommend it.. Its a more quiet affair and all about resin. Not about Anime. But they are tolerant. And we usually set up and work a whole bunch while we're there.

Thats about all.

02-06-2009, 01:05 AM
I'll take a look into that one. Thanks. Yeah, I'm actually only about a half an hour drive form Acen so that's why I asked.

02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah as promised I got pics from Bob.. Only three of them.. so shouldn't be too much a pain.
And seriously check out wonderfest.. I guess we may end up doing Ohayocon again next year.

Thats it on the photos we got.. Now that I just bought me a dig camera.. More photos will be normal.

02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the pics! Did you get any shots during the panel?

02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
No, Bob Only grabbed a couple of pics at the very end... He's still figuring out the camera he had with him.

But, I just bought a Digital camera yesterday so from here on out.. lots of photos for Con reports. ^_^
Next con up for reporting should be Wonderfest in Kentucky. Which reminds me, better reserve my room