PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

ghost13
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
whats up people?
im about as new as you can get to garage kit modeling as you can get. i figured id go all out for my first time and bought a evangelion asuka vispo kit ( asuka on a motorcycle ) i saw it and had to have it to build and make my own. im a graphic design student w/ plenty of sculpting,model building and painting experience so im not to scared, but asking people who know what the deal is never hurts...so if anyone has any advice or info on my build please feel free to give me a shout. ill post pics when i get it in the mail.

Masa
02-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

secretasianman
02-09-2009, 08:59 AM
whats up people?
Welcome!

I figured id go all out for my first time and bought a evangelion asuka vispo kit
"all out" is an understatement!

if anyone has any advice or info on my build please feel free to give me a shout. ill post pics when i get it in the mail.
please do post pics!

ghost13
02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
hello all,

so i got my 2 vispo kits today ( i figured id buy 2 considering shipping cost) and after laying out all the parts and figuring out if anything was missing ( a few parts were) i noticed that the 2 models were of different size even though they are both 1/6 scale, is this normal ?? anyways i will start pinning it when i figure out which i want to assemble first. Again any advice is welcome

secretasianman
02-09-2009, 11:42 PM
i noticed that the 2 models were of different size even though they are both 1/6 scale, is this normal ??

Sadly yes ^_^ even from the same sculptor, most scales are an approximation. I have a few 1/4 scale kits in my collection that might be more accurately scaled at 1/4.5

as for the missing parts, would they be small parts? they might be hiding amongst chunks of resin that could be mistaken for pouring gates...

ghost13
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
well one thing missing was asuka's head from one kit and what i belive to be the seat bracket and the windshield from the other kit. i'll just have to wait a bit to get those pieces but i can start the prep work for now.

i think ill start w/ Ver.1

Tsunamidelta
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Well Guy,

You chose a difficult kit for your first kit.

My suggestion would be.. On something like this.. Build Asuka as normal... And go to HobbyLink Japan http://www.hlj.com

and get yourself a 1/6th scale motorcycle from one of the plastic model kit lines. This will make putting the motorcycle together a lot easier. Considering your just starting out.

secretasianman
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Well Guy,

You chose a difficult kit for your first kit.

My suggestion would be.. On something like this.. Build Asuka as normal... And go to HobbyLink Japan http://www.hlj.com

and get yourself a 1/6th scale motorcycle from one of the plastic model kit lines. This will make putting the motorcycle together a lot easier. Considering your just starting out.

Maybe, maybe, ^_^ but remember he's no stranger to sculpting and modeling. I'd be interested in seeing the motorcycle buildup myself and wonder what corrections may need to be made due to the organic nature of the casting process.

ghost13
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
hey hey,

i was wondering if anyone could recomend a good glue to use on this kit. it is made of white resin PC600 and i dont want to use something that will melt my parts.

thanks

Masa
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
You want to use a cyanoacrylate glue (like super glue).

Read this thread for some good info -

http://www.gkjapan.com/showthread.php?t=458

ghost13
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
thanks alot masa, i appreciate the info

Dr.H
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Welcome to GKJ! Man you chose one heck of a kit lol, I hope you have patience in spades.
I look forward to seeing it in process ;).