PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy!

kimoi
02-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi everybody! ("Hi doctor Nick!")
Was informed about this site by someone who lurks here.
Long time fan of, but have yet to actually try my hand at garage modeling. Fell in love with custom figures from the first time I set eyes on one (no idea how long ago). Been going to any and all events I can find that have anything to do with them (Wonder Fest in Japan, Comic-con stateside, etc) for some years now.
Currently a study abroad college student in Tokyo, so the likelihood that I'll be able to start any actual sculpting is slim to none... at least, while I'm still at school. For the time being, I'll be content to waste time wandering around Akiba, drooling over the contents in the display cases.

Pleased to make your acquaintance! (よろしく)

kimoi
02-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Also, by way of wondering, who's the .hack fan around here?
*points to the above ガレージキット*ジャパン banner with Black Rose*

Masa
02-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Welcome to the forum! You'd be surprised to find there are a few .hack fans out there ;)

kimoi
02-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks, Masa! This places looks cool so far!

and regarding lurking .hack fans, AWESOME, that's a major reason I got so interested in garage modeling in the first place (thanks to Bandai's stubborn refusal to license anything that isn't Gundam or Naruto *shakes angry fist at*, figures from the .hack universe are almost nonexistent... apart from a crappy gachapon set that came out around the time of .hack//SIGN. I'm desperate to find/make something from the rest of the games, anime, and books. Hell, I'm even tempted to have someone commission me a certain one, if I can find a sculptor with the right style).

kimoi
02-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Ack! Why is my profile pic so huge in the above posts?!

Masa
02-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Thanks, Masa! This places looks cool so far!

and regarding lurking .hack fans, AWESOME, that's a major reason I got so interested in garage modeling in the first place (thanks to Bandai's stubborn refusal to license anything that isn't Gundam or Naruto *shakes angry fist at*, figures from the .hack universe are almost nonexistent... apart from a crappy gachapon set that came out around the time of .hack//SIGN. I'm desperate to find/make something from the rest of the games, anime, and books. Hell, I'm even tempted to have someone commission me a certain one, if I can find a sculptor with the right style).

That's what started it all in the first place - you couldn't get figures of your favorite anime characters, so the fans had to make them from scratch. Birth of the garage kit :happy:

There are a lot of members who are sculpting now and I'm sure they'd be happy to answer any questions and give advice when needed. It might be a bit of a challenge to sculpt a full figure right off the bat, but with a few modifications, you might be able to kit bash an existing kit into one of your favorite .hack characters fairly easily ::thumb

Shintocowboy
02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome, .hack is a pretty good series. Hope you enjoy your time here.
よん、ろく、よん、きゅう=よろしく

Tsunamidelta
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Ahoy! indeed.

Welcome!

secretasianman
02-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Ahoy! Welcome & enjoy your stay!

kimoi
02-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Thanks again, everybody!

... I just wish I could figure out why it keeps using this HUGE version of the image I first uploaded for a profile pic, instead of the smaller one it says I'm using when you click on my profile.
Anyone know how to fix this? (like, is it just a matter of time before it changes to a new one? ... cause it's been a few days since I uploaded the new smaller one, yet I'm still seeing this big old version pop up whenever I make a post).
It's, uh, kind of embarrassing.

Masa
02-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks again, everybody!

... I just wish I could figure out why it keeps using this HUGE version of the image I first uploaded for a profile pic, instead of the smaller one it says I'm using when you click on my profile.
Anyone know how to fix this? (like, is it just a matter of time before it changes to a new one? ... cause it's been a few days since I uploaded the new smaller one, yet I'm still seeing this big old version pop up whenever I make a post).
It's, uh, kind of embarrassing.

I changed it for you. Your profile picture was the smaller version and the larger version was the avatar. I made your avatar the same image as your profile picture.